Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.
    /disclaimer - Below is not meant as a personal thing against QuartermasterX, it is meant to the company as a whole

This is just too funny and here is why...

Many people who play DDO have played (or still play) the PnP version at some point in their lives, now by definition of what an RPG is it requires a little something called imagination and creative thinking. This means that on these very forums you have literally hundreds of creative people who are giving you ideas left, right and centre! Sure not all ideas are good but they can be tweaked and changed until something is found that can and would work.

Speaking of ideas...

1. Remove Soul Gem Bags - the gems are crafting ingredients so they should go in the green bag already!
    2. Invader/Insider Tokens, Draconic Runes etc should all go in the green bag.
    3. Allow pots to stack in larger sizes like 1,000

Bottome line: Try listening to your player base for change! Hell we would be happy if you stopped making new content and just fixed bugs for the next year!

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Speaking of ideas...

1. Remove Soul Gem Bags - the gems are crafting ingredients so they should go in the green bag already!
    2. Invader/Insider Tokens, Draconic Runes etc should all go in the green bag.
    3. Allow pots to stack in larger sizes like 1,000

Bottome line: Try listening to your player base for change! Hell we would be happy if you stopped making new content and just fixed bugs for the next year!

Stoner81.
    I have a few ideas as well...

For Casters:
    Modify a small bag of some type to be a Casting Materials bag. This will free up many slots for Alts, holding all spell materials including ingredients, inscribing materials and the special ingredients for those certain spells. Stacks of 1000 should be plenty

For Rangers, Artificers and other Magic Ammo users:
    Quivers for conjured arrows and bolts.

For Rogues and Artificers:
    Tools that stack more than 50

Generic:
    Binders for scrolls. This would have several effects... Gathering scrolls into one place as well as making them accessible alphabetically.

Larger stacks for potions has been mentioned.

Make store bought bags BTA instead of BTC. I have a dozen Alts I'd like to reroll except I bought the Huge bags for them.

Go back and do a pass on all the quests to make sure that items that have no business making it out of the quest do not hitch rides out of the quest. There are still several items that fill packs until tossed manually.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    ............ Seriously?

Actual uses for gems?
    Why does this keep getting brought up and why do you think this would help solve the issue of storage?

Making gems used for something would mean we have to hold onto them, because they have some sort of value. No, just no. Hit the sell gems button and be done with them.

The main reason we don't have additional inventory space and bank upgrades is due to tech limitations. However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.
    Two very very simple solutions for you:

1) DDO Store Bags (Gem, Ingredient, Soul, Collectible, etc) Make them Bound to Account instead of Bound to Character!

2) Review all the 'Bound to Character' and 'Bound To Character on Equip' Equipment and make a large number of them 'Bound to Account' or 'Bound to Account on Equip', this would save us needing multiple copies of the same item on multiple characters!

Saves duplication of Items, would increase store sales (at least for me, I'd certainly buy more bags!) saves frustration and repetitive farming, and means we don't have duplicate items running around on characters.

I'm not saying all BTC equipment should be changed, fair enough that the end game raid stuff is BTC, but anything which is good for levelling, or from older content, which you might want on a different toon before or after TR'ing, makes more sense to have it BtA, would also mean the Shared bank is more useful, along with the extra slots in the Shared bank.

I'd pay in a heartbeat for more shared bank space.
    Ghallanda: Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan
    Sarlona: Darrick, Schweet, Omagus, Chudan
    Cannith: Leeve, Alzon
    Old Timer's Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com

So, I'm hearing that there is a technical limitation that prohibits adding more extra bag space... This right after an update that added a new bag with 80 slots to hold augments... in addition to the 12 ingredient bags I have in my bank and the 2 collectible bags and 2 gem bags and tapestry pouch, etc.

So if traditional 20 slot storage space on toons is an issue, can you not just add "bag" type space and allow the bags to hold anything we want? Sure it won't be immediately accessible for gear swaps and such, but it would be great for our banking storage needs or for things we don't need to use all the time but want to keep on us. Of course if you can master the issue of using items from bags like spell components then we could keep all manner of things in this new storage space like potions, scrolls, wands, basically any consumables that normally take up "real" storage space.

I dream of one day buying a Colossal Bag of Store-All from the DDO store. 10,000 slots with up to 100,000 per stack and can hold any item (weapons, armor, components, wands, gems, etc.) not just one specific type of item. It would have all sorts of sorting and searching options and we could use our components and potions from the bag. It would be account accessible so any toon on my account could access the items inside (though binding rules still restrict removal of character bound items on the wrong character). No more trashing my daily dice winnings because they are consumables that don't stack and have niche uses. No more mules. No more buying only heal scrolls from house k as they don't stack with standard heal scrolls. I might even get some of the ddo store consumables that I just don't have space to hold currently as they do not stack. I'd have 10,000 spaces! Who cares what stacks at that point?
    Last edited by redspecter23; 06-11-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Varinox View Post
    2) Review all the 'Bound to Character' and 'Bound To Character on Equip' Equipment and make a large number of them 'Bound to Account' or 'Bound to Account on Equip', this would save us needing multiple copies of the same item on multiple characters!
    As often as this has been suggested, I can only hope it is already in the works. Make it so, Turbine!

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Permian View Post
    I copied this from my post to Majmal and added some to it.

Here's an idea and I'm not claiming that I invented this. Since it isn't technically possible to create more storage options; What if there were an AH type interface in the game where we could open a window, just like opening the AH, and we could see a list of all of the toons on that account along with the contents of that accounts' shared bank. If you select a specific character you could browse that character's inventory and bank contents in order to quickly locate items. I would pay a fair amount of cash for this and I feel that others would too. It really stinks to swap to alts over and over while restarting the client every 3rd swap because I can't find what I'm looking for.

To me it's not as much as a space limitation issue because I can always create a new bank mule if needed. It's a lack of a real storage management system and there is an interface (think auction house) that could potentially be utilized and copied to create such a storage management system. This could be a huge win for folks if it were possible to create such a system. I would think, and with my lack of knowledge of your systems that this would be more of a design and code issue than a drive space issue.
    I have actually considered this idea and considered writing a Java program that would log onto each of my characters and go through the tabs for their inventory and bank. I decided too much of a pain because depending on the location of the bank teller it would be hard to select them and open the screen (character would have to be in the exact same location for using). I tried maintaining a spread sheet but because of constantly getting new items and items being withdrawn and stored on the mules, it was such a nightmare, I almost quit the game.

And yes I would gladly pay say 4000 TP for the ability to call up a full inventory with who has what, backpack or bank, on what tab, and in what cell on the tab. Heck I would pay for that ability to be able to use outside of game and written to a file that I would have to look through.

I have 40 character slots with only 8 primaries (all have max bank and inventory upgrades). The rest are mules or slots for temp characters to help low level new guild members (I have Veteran II so can make helpers up to level 7).

The main reason we don't have additional inventory space and bank upgrades is due to tech limitations. However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.
    OMG, you actually read this thread! Thanks!

There many interesting ideas in this thread.

I like the idea about colossal bag of everything (by redspecter23).
    The modified version of that idea is to sell two Crates in DDO Store:

1. The Crate of Account:
    - holds everything that is BtA or Unbound (including weapons, etc.)
    - can be put into Shared bank or character's bank, not exclusive
    - can be put into Inventory, but it has some weight, so might slow you down
    - for marketing purpose it can be in various sizes, but the biggest one should be able to contain A LOT of items (thousands).

2. The Crate of Character:
    - holds everything that is BtC (including weapons, etc.)
    - can be put into character's bank, not exclusive
    - can be put into Inventory, but it has some weight, so might slow you down
    - for marketing purpose it can be in various sizes, but the biggest one should be able to contain A LOT of items (thousands).
    - the smallest version of this crate should be available for free (with some favor or whatever)

I also like the idea about Epic bank (by oradafu).
    For example:
    250 Twelve favor give free 20 slots for lvl20+ items
    This storage can be upgraded via DDOStore (each additional upgrade costs more, but can be upgraded as many times as you want).

But at this point of frustration in the game I'd be glad with anything that increases BtC storage (+20 slots won't help, need some real solution). Please, please, please.
    Last edited by TheRobai; 06-12-2013 at 04:11 PM.

A friend just told me an interesting idea:

Why can't we just use the TR cache?
    It's already built in, no tech limitations here.

What about space expanders? We have bags for various stuff, what a bout a personal chest? Something that would only occupy a single inventory slot, buy open up to allow for more storage? Ideally it would be BTA, but I would settle for BTC. Instead of giving the chest "slots" like the tabs have, just give it "space" like the interior of a bag. Would this be programably possable?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    A friend just told me an interesting idea:

Why can't we just use the TR cache?
    It's already built in, no tech limitations here.
    Some questions come to mind when reading this...

At the moment you can't put stuff into the TR Cache [unless you are actively TRing]?

and if there was no tech limitations on the TR Cache... why would people have to empty it [and throw things away] every time they TR?

Would love for more character/bank storage, less BtC items and containers for potions & scrolls [would be nice if they worked without opening the bag via clicking icon on hotbar] also some existing items like invader tokens [collectable], draconic runes [ingredient], etc would go into existing bags.

Don't think the housing thing going to happen unless they plan to build some new wilderness or Eveningstar-like areas to possibly accommodate the housing?

... for more storage ASAP
    /signed
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Please solve this problem ASAP, this is URGENT!
    This game is unplayable, because you can't put BtC gear on mules.
    Not to mention that I'd like to have NO MULES.

Kadran well explained this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    ... I want to log into one character and be set. I want all my twink gear held there, no mules. I want potions, scrolls and wands to be able to stay on this character when I TR, so I don't have to switch over to multiple mules. I don't want to need a spreadsheet to remember what mules have which items. Just let me have more BtC space. I'll pay for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    Please solve this problem ASAP, this is URGENT!
    This game is unplayable, because you can't put BtC gear on mules.
    Not to mention that I'd like to have NO MULES.

Kadran well explained this:

Agree. Its urgent for next update. Why ? Game got many content and btc items. Level spread raised. And they going to add epic tr. It means even more items to collect on your main characters.
    I know casual players mostly doesnt care, same as those who play on 4523456 ... alts. Also turbine earn most of money on casual players but still devoted and hardcore players are soil of this game.

Everyone who focus on tr and play only on 1-2 characters knows how painfull is to empty tr cache. How long it takes to gear when you need to relog and relog to mules, bank chars or whatever to find and item you want to use in your caster life and you were melee before.
    Personally i was forced to destroy many of less important items many times because of lack of space. And i have all possible inventory upgrades. Some of those items could be usefull in particular lifes. Why i cant keep whatever i want or whatever i may need in future ?

When epic tr will be introduced in next update we gonna need even more twink 20+ gear to tr into many lifes. And not only one kind of gear (caster, divines,melee types). And where im gonna hold all those items ?

Seriously inventory management in this game is terrible. And its one of key aspects of any mmo game.
    Before every tr im forced to do such stupid things like post all btc on equip items on shard exchange. Turn possible epic exclusive items into essences via cleansing ritual....etc. How ridiculous it can be to do such things in a game where you suppose to have fun

So dev team do something with it. With every update its harder and harder to add any new item to bank becouse there is totally no space (so whats the point of new items). And all new items are btc. I know there are tech limits but you can bypass it somehow. For example another bag for items essences or whatever (some epic exclusive items can be already turned into essences as i mentioned before). Not a convenient solution but better than nothing.

Not a native speaker so sry for my english.

I agree too. Its urgent for next update. U19 has too many btc items. It's insane.

Please, turbine. We need chest/bags. We need new bags for spell’s components, potions, scrolls, store items (cosmetics, xp pots, etc). Items like invader tokens, draconic runes, planar shards, dragonshard essences, etc should go into existing bags. Why don't go into bags now? It's absurd. Spell component bags is less necessary, but i would be glad if I had a potion and scroll bag o for bank storing.

Please, merge the three necropolis bags (tapestry, sigil, binder), in one. Three bags in this game is silly. The space is too limitating.

Please, please, no more btc heroic items. Btc should be for end game items. We level fast; we use heroic items in a very limited time.

Store bags should be bta. I need put it in the shared bank.

Space NEEDS a big overhaul. A very big overhaul. It's not a luxury, turbine. It's a necessity.

Storing in this game is terrible. Truly awful
    Last edited by Iriale; 09-05-2013 at 03:45 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345