Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    All for player housing and storage ...
    So, you need it too.

Call it what you want, hoarding or whatever.
    If I pay for that and support the game then it's good for all.
    You can't tell what I need, it's up to me to decide what I need and how I should play.

Red fens items? There is no bank space for that (not going to destroy Abbot loot for sure, not going to destroy GS items, not going to destroy some ToD rings, not going to destroy Epic items, I can't keep even any new Gianthold items).

I like what Kadran said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    ... I want to log into one character and be set. I want all my twink gear held there, no mules. I want potions, scrolls and wands to be able to stay on this character when I TR, so I don't have to switch over to multiple mules. I don't want to need a spreadsheet to remember what mules have which items. Just let me have more BtC space. I'll pay for it.
    I'd like to play with one toon, go through all classes, and NO MULES.
    Last edited by TheRobai; 02-28-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Community Member

My suggestion for update 18:

Fix bugs
    Fix bugs
    Fix bugs
    To earn money add bank and inventory space to the store

It's time for DDO Store to sell something really useful!
    (just a hint)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oliocean View Post
    My suggestion for update 18:

Fix bugs
    Fix bugs
    Fix bugs
    To earn money add bank and inventory space to the store
    +10000

but ddo has gajillion players who think "nothing is gamebreaking, i can handle, what i want is new stuff"

if turbine keeps paying attention to those players ddo will die, in horrible way must say, every update game gets broken in worse wys, but hey "we have new stuff"

just fix bugs and add space, someone who wants always new will get bored sooner or later, someone who only wants to play same content with "quality of life" will stay much longer, it's not hard to understand turbine, not hard, if wanna be like wow, keep in mind you're dying like wow intead of growing like it

this is a 2012 tread seems that each year we have couple of these treads and it never solves anything turbine probably feels low bank space is very D&D. probably would have been better to start a new then to continue this one

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

The main reason we don't have additional inventory space and bank upgrades is due to tech limitations. However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    The main reason we don't have additional inventory space and bank upgrades is due to tech limitations. However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.
    Huh, thanks for letting us know. Much better to find out that is the case than think you aren't listening

Default here is an idea

Here is an idea, QX:

How about all those fancy companions, artificer and druid pets?

Make them a cart slot and ask them to pull carts. The adventurer then can put all their loot on the cart and then put the pet in guard mode on the cart. Turbine can then sell carts in the store.

This will make the pet AI much simpler and actually worth having the pet summoned and Turbine would have a win/win situation in this case.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    cart.
    If you don't like carts you can call them wagons...
    They can even be stationary in the beginning of the quest and have the pet guard the wagon. A simple DDoor will let the adventurer put loot to the wagon or even after the quest is complete.

And we know DDO already has wagons.

P.S. And for you animal protectors, druids, etc; don't call the animal cruelty department. It actually give them something to do.

Default Idea: Better storage management

I copied this from my post to Majmal and added some to it.

Here's an idea and I'm not claiming that I invented this. Since it isn't technically possible to create more storage options; What if there were an AH type interface in the game where we could open a window, just like opening the AH, and we could see a list of all of the toons on that account along with the contents of that accounts' shared bank. If you select a specific character you could browse that character's inventory and bank contents in order to quickly locate items. I would pay a fair amount of cash for this and I feel that others would too. It really stinks to swap to alts over and over while restarting the client every 3rd swap because I can't find what I'm looking for.

To me it's not as much as a space limitation issue because I can always create a new bank mule if needed. It's a lack of a real storage management system and there is an interface (think auction house) that could potentially be utilized and copied to create such a storage management system. This could be a huge win for folks if it were possible to create such a system. I would think, and with my lack of knowledge of your systems that this would be more of a design and code issue than a drive space issue.
    Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Permian View Post
    [...]
    To me it's not as much as a space limitation issue because I can always create a new bank mule if needed. It's a lack of a real storage management system and there is an interface (think auction house) that could potentially be utilized and copied to create such a storage management system[...]
    This is a nice idea but I don't think the contents of the inventory is loaded when the character is logged off; and bank and shared banks are not even stored on the character when the character is logged in. They are in a separate item database, AFAIK.

That would be like a personal banker following you into quests and its breaking the D&D aspects of things since virtually you have items from a stable of heroes; not just one hero.

This is a nice idea but I don't think the contents of the inventory is loaded when the character is logged off; and bank and shared banks are not even stored on the character when the character is logged in. They are in a separate item database, AFAIK.

That would be like a personal banker following you into quests and its breaking the D&D aspects of things since virtually you have items from a stable of heroes; not just one hero.
    I understand what you mean. I'm not even asking for the capability to manipulate inventory in any way. Literally asking for an in game interface to search and locate. Then I could go through the trouble of logging off, swapping toons and moving things around. Trust me, I absolutely understand that all of this inventory management can be handled outside of the game through spreadsheet or database managed by me but my virtual laziness, after working every day, doesn't allow me to do this. I have too many alts and too much gear to want to take this on. I really just want to be able to log on and play and be social, not micro-manage my own inventory when needed.
    Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Wallet

Oddly enough.. Turbine makes that game too. I know.. call it a "Bag of holding"...
    Last edited by Sgt_Hart; 06-10-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

Community Member

Thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Huh, thanks for letting us know. Much better to find out that is the case than think you aren't listening
    I agree with your sentiment here, That simple statement is all that is needed, just so we know the 'why' of the issue.

Here is an idea, QX:

How about all those fancy companions, artificer and druid pets?

Make them a cart slot and ask them to pull carts. ?* The adventurer then can put all their loot on the cart and then put the pet in guard mode on the cart. ?*Turbine can then sell carts in the store.

This will make the pet AI much simpler and actually worth having the pet summoned and Turbine would have a win/win situation in this case.

I am not sure about carts. I think that would be even more annoying in a quest to see a pet pulling a cart than the pet itself could ever hope to be. I think just giving the pet an action bar like a hire with 1 option of opening it's inventory. Give it as many base inventory slots as a newly created Korthos snowy character has and I could see how this would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

I could only imagine DDO would make a fortune if they would release more personal bank slots and shared bank slots. I am with you though, on my main character, I would love to make all the epic items I could currently make and then keep them even if I don't like them. If the slots were there, I would be doing this. It would probably be fun to collect each one. Then when you tr you have epics for every occasion

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.
    ............ Seriously?

scroll bags?
    Actual uses for gems?

Community Member

I've mentioned/suggested several times before that if there's a technical limit to adding more bank space, why not create a new Epic banker that will only accept level 20+ items?

Tie the first tier of the Epic bank to a Favor and all other tiers are DDOStore options, if need be. Which house for favor? Hint: 250 Twelve favor is achievable and gives nothing.

Real PC housing would go a long way to addressing this. Being able to tack a great, but no longer used weapon set onto a wall of our house would be cool. Best of all, the majority of the code exists in the form of Guild Ships. Give us a house accessible by all alts on a server, with hookpoints for chests, weapon mountings and a weapon rack, armor mannequins and a closet... you get the idea.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Real PC housing would go a long way to addressing this. Being able to tack a great, but no longer used weapon set onto a wall of our house would be cool. Best of all, the majority of the code exists in the form of Guild Ships. Give us a house accessible by all alts on a server, with hookpoints for chests, weapon mountings and a weapon rack, armor mannequins and a closet... you get the idea.
    This actually sounds pretty awesome. I remember DAoC has similar options and it was quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalnarac View Post
    This actually sounds pretty awesome. I remember DAoC has similar options and it was quite nice.
    My favourite MMO housing system is in Wizard 101 (go ahead, tease me, it's entertaining). You get an instanced plot of land plus home, in a variety of themes/settings. Space to plant trees and plants and things. An indoor area with multiple floors. Room to put up deco, a chest (which acts as your bank/shared bank), and coolest of all you can CRAFT stuff to put in there, including private crating stations. The game includes deco loot drops too like floors and wallpapers and such. And you can store your pets in and out doors and they just roam around freely. You can even 'invite' friends into the instance and have little meetings and parties and such.

The dev team would do well to make a free account and take a look at it. Not to steal their tech, but to maybe glean some ideas.

edit: oh, and when i say "you get", I do mean you BUY. There are small to medium sized plots for gold, and of course premium sized ones for cash. So yeah, a good DDOStore option there for some added income.
    Last edited by BOgre; 06-10-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast