Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Signed... but

/signed but...

How about simply removing BtC items and make them BTA instead, it would make things far simpler for people!

Stoner81.

/Signed

And I'd like to have Reaver's Refuse baggable too.
    /Signed too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

Make it so, Turbine. Easy money for you.
    /signed As a professional packrat, I would love more bank space.
    Orien: Mammadrow, Southrn Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    /signed but...

How about simply removing BtC items and make them BTA instead, it would make things far simpler for people!

Stoner81.
    I partially share this opinion, but important to note is the fact TOO much BtA means a diminishing interest in running content that currently has BtC items. After a while, you will have enough BtA items to let you play SOME of the content, meaning there's no motivation to run other content. Eventually that becomes not playing much at all.

Examples: I hardly run chronoscope anymore (maybe a couple times per character life for fun). I religiously (no punintended) run for Silver Flame favor (even though I hate Tormented and blighted) for the trinket upgrades.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I sound like a broken record, as I've said this before, but I'd like to seem them add something like Lotro has (so they already know how to do it!) and give us player houseing we can buy (with rental/propertytaxes that act as a plat sink in the game) and come with storage chests. Granted, Lotro doesn't have a bank option, that is their only bank, but the ddo economy has gone nuts and would benefit from more things to actualy spend the platinum on and remove it from the game versus just shifting it around from player to player.

There were two sizes you could buy, and the larger one had more storage space. There were also guild halls you could buy as a guild and work to decorate as a guild with furniture guildies crafted and trophies they earned that was a tad more personable than our generic ships where the only thing we can do to personalize is change the colors.

Then they could add buyable chest slots to the house chests, and not break the ui. : )
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I expected to have 1 more bank slot at 225 (or something) pdk favors, instead they give us that puppy wolf, well, cute one. But not so useful.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

/signed

Is Turbine the only company in the world that refuses to sell things to it's customers that it has infinite stock of?

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    I partially share this opinion, but important to note is the fact TOO much BtA means a diminishing interest in running content that currently has BtC items. After a while, you will have enough BtA items to let you play SOME of the content, meaning there's no motivation to run other content. Eventually that becomes not playing much at all.

Examples: I hardly run chronoscope anymore (maybe a couple times per character life for fun). I religiously (no punintended) run for Silver Flame favor (even though I hate Tormented and blighted) for the trinket upgrades.
    I do see your point on that and it makes a lot of sense...

Instead then remove most of the BtC stuff and make it BtA but keep really powerful stuff BtC or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    I sound like a broken record, as I've said this before, but I'd like to seem them add something like Lotro has (so they already know how to do it!) and give us player housing we can buy (with rental/propertytaxes that act as a plat sink in the game) and come with storage chests. Granted, Lotro doesn't have a bank option, that is their only bank, but the ddo economy has gone nuts and would benefit from more things to actually spend the platinum on and remove it from the game versus just shifting it around from player to player.

There were two sizes you could buy, and the larger one had more storage space. There were also guild halls you could buy as a guild and work to decorate as a guild with furniture guildies crafted and trophies they earned that was a tad more personable than our generic ships where the only thing we can do to personalize is change the colors.

Then they could add buy-able chest slots to the house chests, and not break the ui. : )
    Similar to player houses in things like Skyrim and Fallout 3 & New Vegas then I quite like this idea and it could help with server lag maybe (not sure on that though).

Stoner81.
    Last edited by Stoner81; 11-18-2012 at 08:53 PM.

I sound like a broken record, as I've said this before, but I'd like to seem them add something like Lotro has (so they already know how to do it!) and give us player houseing we can buy (with rental/propertytaxes that act as a plat sink in the game) and come with storage chests. (snip...)
    Turtel! It's good to see you on the forums.

I've said it before and I wholeheartedly second the idea. I would spend Turbine points like crazy on my own customizable dwelling, ESPECIALLY if they had an account-shared chest in them.

It would make sense if they were associated with certain favor rewards, i.e. some of the higher tiers of House _____ favor would allow you to have another "apartment" in that house. If I could access my shared bank from House K *as well as* House P and House D, etc. without having to go to my air ship, that'd be awesome.

It might also be fun to play off of the new player-invested-in-Stormreach trope by having some lowbie quests where you break into Delera Omaren IV's house, or into Baudry Cartamon's personal home.

Like others said, let us give you our money, Turbine!
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by sealedinsong View Post
    turtel! It's good to see you on the forums.

I've said it before and i wholeheartedly second the idea. I would spend turbine points like crazy on my own customizable dwelling, especially if they had an account-shared chest in them...
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by trinityturtle View Post
    i sound like a broken record, as i've said this before, but i'd like to seem them add something like lotro has (so they already know how to do it!) and give us player houseing we can buy (with rental/propertytaxes that act as a plat sink in the game) and come with storage chests...then they could add buyable chest slots to the house chests, and not break the ui. : )
    +1

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post
    Turtel! It's good to see you on the forums.

I've said it before and I wholeheartedly second the idea. I would spend Turbine points like crazy on my own customizable dwelling, ESPECIALLY if they had an account-shared chest in them.

It would make sense if they were associated with certain favor rewards, i.e. some of the higher tiers of House _____ favor would allow you to have another "apartment" in that house. If I could access my shared bank from House K *as well as* House P and House D, etc. without having to go to my air ship, that'd be awesome.

It might also be fun to play off of the new player-invested-in-Stormreach trope by having some lowbie quests where you break into Delera Omaren IV's house, or into Baudry Cartamon's personal home.

Like others said, let us give you our money, Turbine!
    Hehe..you know like I always joke in groups, I'm everywhere. *Grins* I could totally go for multiple apartments in the different houses. And they could even add some grinding by making some rare hard to find decor items to keep us playing. It would be a lot of fun if they'd only do it.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Default Ess Arr Ess Why

Hehe..you know like I always joke in groups, I'm everywhere. *Grins* I could totally go for multiple apartments in the different houses. And they could even add some grinding by making some rare hard to find decor items to keep us playing. It would be a lot of fun if they'd only do it.
    If Turbine only knew how much money they could make off of the "hidden" (since we are playing DDO and not PnP) roleplayer in all of us.

I am very earnest in divulging that I've spent many thousands of Turbine points--and I am not kidding--building alternate characters based off of cosmetic armor kits and helms.

I get a lot of joy out of crafting a rogue assassin with a large guild augment cowl when previous to LGA cowls, there was no reason to where them (no named cowls). I built a pale master (I prefer archmage in all cases) just to wear a spooky skull mask full-time. I rolled a bull-themed character just to use Minos + alchemical heavy picks + bull cosmetic armor. I TRed a little-played paladin just to use Exalted Angel with the lovely Glowing Circlet. I could go on but you get the point--they all have purchased bag space and purchased bank space and will likely spend more Turbine points in their life than a new pack ever would.

If Turbine could just release a few more cosmetic helms with good themes, particularly things like animal heads and specific cool-looking masks referring to a profession (like the ninja mask), I'd definitely buy those and roll more characters based off of them. A cosmetic tuxedo to match the top hat or a cosmetic pirate outfit would just beg purchasing as well.

But... a Stormreach flat to decorate with Turbine points... that'd be the real pony. I'd buy that pony and a stable and a freaking pony farm if I could.
    Character Compendium

What is the meaning of this?
    1) it's not on sale (should be 20% off)
    2) it costs 995 TP, i.e. too high (usually character bank upgrades costs 595 TP)
    3) it appears only for characters which didn't buy bank upgrade 1 yet
    4) was it supposed to be bank upgrade 3?

There is also Bank upgrade 1 in DDO Store (the same price is for upgrade 2):

Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

/signed times a billion
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

About bank lag:
    copy paste code from lotro, allowing players open select bank tabs
    -Hello banker, I want to see my bank ONLY
    -Hello banker, I want to see my shared bank ONLY
    -Hello banker, I want to see my TR cache ONLY

Community Member

/signed. There's never enough space and I would definitely buy more.

Community Member

/signed

I would also like it if you could search your bank. I would buy the ability to have a search function....

Just give us more bank upgrades (btc ones) and inventory upgrades.

That would be the most instasell items in the DDO history!
    Don't believe me? Just try it.

Community Member

All for player housing and storage, but what would really be the point in a game world so small it really is just a virtual lobby and instances. We would need a real open world game like say Vanguard to make it worthwhile to develop.

Likewise unlimited storage or even to much to allow easily collecting everything gives to much power to hoarders. Hoarding is actually a major no no in PnP and a good way to end up with all your possessions stripped from you.

The fact is if you log in or out at a bank, you feel the lag created by all there using it. Likewise the more your character owns the more their personal lag increases, and the bigger your shared bank even more lag when first opening it.

Not to mention with all the bugs surrounding using storage, missing items, missing ingredients, etc

If anything the real answer to all this starts with collectables,ingredients, and other silly little bits that when you add them all up must really make up a fair bit of data, hell probably more difficult for them to keep track of all those little things.

Frankly OP you have a serious issue with not being able to let go, many named items for example say the red fens stuff is easy enough to aquire each life it serves no real purpose not to throw them away inbetween lives.

dragons hoarde, adventurers spend

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast