Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Praying for everyone in Aurora

Thanks to the local and federal Police, EMTs, emergency crews and many others that have and will have to work on this tragedy.

Prayers to all the families/friends affected personally by this.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

A private island with Johnny Depp, ahem, I mean my hubby

It's so senseless. I, too, am praying for everyone involved.
    When asked, "What are we going to do tonight?" the only acceptable answer is, "The same thing we do every night...Try to take over the world!"
    Sarlona - Auralana, Orcalana, JuicyLucy, Aquani, Wistia, Aurabella, Guildy, etc. If you see the last name Hather, it's either me or the hubby.

Yea, and just found out a friend's relative was shot, and her friend killed. To the Conley family and to the rest involved, Godspeed.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

I cried after hearing this. Colorado is my home, no matter where I may be. This whole affair sickens me.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

My wife and I almost went to this. I am glad we backed out.

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

I'm from United Kingdom, but I've got friends who live in Colorado. (They are all fine, thankfully)

I'm so sorry for the people of Aurora and my thoughts and prayers are with them also.

Sorry to hear the sad news. God bless you all. <3
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

Was working last night or might have been there myself.

A bad, bad business.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

What's going on?

Never mind, just looked it up.

My thoughts go out to everyone involved or injured.
    Last edited by Buggss; 07-20-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

12 people dead, 50 injured due to some jerk with a firearm...thought it would be funny to go on a shooting spree at the opening of the last batman flick last evening

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    Leslie does this kind of thing a lot, sometimes military related events as well.
    Trust me, I'm well aware.
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidKoala View Post
    Wow with the stuff that happened and you're complaining about something as trivial as rep.

I watched the news all morning about the shooting. I too give my prayers to the family who've been harmed by this tragic event.
    Thank you Rabid. Unfortunately far more than the person/family I know personally was affected. I believe its already the largest mass shooting in US history. The count is up to 12 killed, and 58 wounded, and includes women and young children.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 07-21-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Community Member

Can't we all just get along?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    I cried after hearing this. Colorado is my home, no matter where I may be. This whole affair sickens me.
    Me too.

So sad. Heartsick.

"The only way to make sense out of something like this is to use it as a tool to develop greater compassion. My day began yesterday with writing a piece on two friends who had done something wonderful the day previous, only to be buffeted by the news that two people I know had been brutally gunned down on the same day. I did the only things I could think to do - hunker down and work, and pray for compassion and understanding. That made it like any other day, which it was, but which it wasn't. Every day, in fact, every hour of every day, someone in this world is gunned down just as brutally, and most generally with a senseless agenda. We won't stop dying until we stop killing, it's really that simple. We kill people, we kill animals, we kill with bombs and we kill with words. Killing comes from fear, living comes from love." - Tony Conley, dear friend and writer.

"Matt and Samantha are two people with whom I spend every Christmas and Thanksgiving - I hate more than anything that Sam must now live with this memory. I pray for everyone involved and effected." - Tony Conley

Matt McQuinn is the person brutally killed I have been referring to in this thread. The story is now making headlines all over the world. He shielded his girlfriend, Samantha Yowler in his very last act on Earth.

Here's the story:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1119157

There are many heroes you'll hear about in the coming days, both men and women, who shielded others, told others to play dead, and assisted others, as the police and investigators sort everything out.

Absolutely heart wrenching. My heart bleeds for all affected ...what a beautifully courageous act of love and selflessness by Matt... a real hero that should and will be remembered.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 07-21-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

In every sorrow there is hope.

THe 4 month old who got hurt? The kid's fine. His mother had just moved to Co. with her boyfriend...they took their kid because they didn't know anyone yet and they wanted to see it. Anyways, in the hospital, while they were waiting for the child to get discharged, the boyfriend came up and said to her, "This may be horrible timing, but I never ever want to lose you again. Please marry me?"

She said yes.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Its a terrible tragedy...

I read the reports, the guy who killed those people was curiously similar to Bane, a batman villain, who was also in the new movie; the one that was playing when the shooting happened.

The guy wore a gas mask, a long coat, threw smoke grenades, guns, etc... Very Bane-like, just like in the comics... I dunno if it's a coincidence or he planned to pretend he was bane, but either way, its something that I cant comprehend. Apparently he had no relation to anyone in the theatre. I'm from colorado so this makes me even sadder. Colorado is a nice place, chill people, very friendly... I'm really surprised this could happen.

Its a terrible thing... First columbine, now this...
    Last edited by Zyerz; 07-23-2012 at 03:08 AM.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    In every sorrow there is hope.

THe 4 month old who got hurt? The kid's fine. His mother had just moved to Co. with her boyfriend...they took their kid because they didn't know anyone yet and they wanted to see it. Anyways, in the hospital, while they were waiting for the child to get discharged, the boyfriend came up and said to her, "This may be horrible timing, but I never ever want to lose you again. Please marry me?"

She said yes.
    Yea I saw that. Absolutely amazing. True love works in mysterious ways as they say, that's Exhibit A. A couple like that will most likely be in love forever, and cherish every moment. I'm happy they have forged ahead, and try to make the best of this crazy life, not only for themselves, but for their child.

You are so right. In the darkest of times, must glow a beacon of hope. God bless them.

Learning of the story of Iraqi war vet Josh Nowlan offers yet another beacon of hope. Watching and listening to him tell his story may be heartbreaking, but its vital to getting the full picture of what happened that fateful night. There were true heroes present that evening, that saved many lives. To me, its more important to remember the names of the heroes, and to remember and pray for/mourn those who had their lives needlessly snuffed away, than it is to remember the beast who committed this heinous crime against humanity.

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...eroes.cnn.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zyerz View Post
    Its a terrible tragedy.... I'm from colorado so this makes me even sadder. Colorado is a nice place, chill people, very friendly... I'm really surprised this could happen.

Its a terrible thing... First columbine, now this...
    You know I've lived in NY most of my life, but have traveled to Colorado Springs on business twice (for USADA and Air Force Academy), and absolutely loved the place. Denver/Colorado Springs offer some of the most exciting views (I'll never forget the first time I saw the mountain tops rising above the clouds as you are flying in) and the greatest people. Everyone was friendly.

Colorado had nothing to do with creating this beast, or the Columbine High school beast. No one could calculate and predict how and when the human mind will snap, as it plainly did here.

I love Colorado. I will always look at the state as one that contains heroes, such as the few we've discussed in this thread. Its the human success stories I choose to remember, and recognize. Thats the only way I can process what happened in my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast