Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I have a WF Kensei at cap. To the OP...while WF melees are playable they simply just aren't as good as any other race for a melee. Healing amp is just a huge huge huge issue. I die all the time in situations fleshies wouldn't.

I regret going WF...will be TRing him into a fleshie soon.

I wouldn't say half orcs are just better. No they are pretty much flat out the dps race. I mean their's number comp with bursts from the human verse enhancment, but In a drawn out fight, the horc is going to overcome even the sheer dmg of a Haste 4, 30% stacked increase of dmg x5 or 6.

And then when they get that pre thats for dmg forget it. Wf's pre is gonna be a pre that ticks everything off and gives more hp while shutting out any form of rage, or ac decreasing spells. Which would mean more defensive but then you got the lil dwarf over there doing the same thing!

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

With the new buff to U15 beta Healer's Friend, WF are now even MORE playable than when I ran them in the pre-MOtU days.

Cost has changed from 2/4/6 to 1/2/3 AP and healing amp has changed from +15/20/25% to +10/20/30%.

Yeah I know that they said the system is different now, but the old Healer's Friend basically worked like this with an additive bonus. The bugged Healer's Friend on U14.2 live is a multiplicative bonus (much weaker).
    Last edited by Wraith_Sarevok; 08-10-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

WF is fun to run, alittle planing so playing is rewarding
    Ex-Keeper EUbie known as:
    Drenglis,...many more on 3 accounts ... forgot the rest!
    And yes... I'm a PROUD GREEN MUPPET and now a days a Dirty Monkey!... And now someone made me the guild leader

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Sarevok View Post
    With the new buff to U15 beta Healer's Friend, WF are now even MORE playable than when I ran them in the pre-MOtU days.

Cost has changed from 2/4/6 to 1/2/3 AP and healing amp has changed from +15/20/25% to +10/20/30%.

Yeah I know that they said the system is different now, but the old Healer's Friend basically worked like this with an additive bonus. The bugged Healer's Friend on U14.2 live is a multiplicative bonus (much weaker).
    Compare though, a WF with 6 AP in healer's friend (80% base incoming healing) to a Human with 6 AP in Healing Amp (120% base). On a 300 point Mass Heal, that's a difference of 120hp restored.

The gap gets wider when you add in gear (say 20 and 30 amp) - now it's ~121% to ~182%. On the same Mass Heal, that's 180hp difference. Ouch.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Compare though, a WF with 6 AP in healer's friend (80% base incoming healing) to a Human with 6 AP in Healing Amp (120% base). On a 300 point Mass Heal, that's a difference of 120hp restored.

The gap gets wider when you add in gear (say 20 and 30 amp) - now it's ~121% to ~182%. On the same Mass Heal, that's 180hp difference. Ouch.
    Then again, it's my understanding that healers got massively buffed with the changes to the spell power system, Empower, and Maximize. So where's the problem here? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=382623
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Then again, it's my understanding that healers got massively buffed with the changes to the spell power system, Empower, and Maximize. So where's the problem here? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=382623
    I think a prerequisite to anyone wanting to play any WF melee class should be you have to play a healer...

Wraith_Sarevok - so basically what you are proposing is that I OVER HEAL the party, wasting SP's, so that I can keep you alive?

I have 8 capped toons, ALL of them USED to be WF (well my barb was a dwarf 1st life). I just TRed another (my Fighter) into a fleshie. I only have 3 WF toons left, 2 of them have red santa docents so they will probably stay WF. There is just really no good reason to play a WF melee toon.
    Argonnessen
    Artebrisk - Completionist Currently Pure Pally with a MAUL! RAWWWR!!! :: Artecon - Completionist Exalted Angel Druid :: Arteheal - Heal bot :: Artemech - Completionist Something (usually flavor of the month build) :: Artepro - Sorcerer :: Artesheen - Shiradi Sorc :: Artesong - Bard :: Artevista - Dwarven Warhammer Two Weapon Fighter

Community Member

Default Steer clear of WF melee

Unless you are planning to make your wf an arcane or a wf fvs, I would steer clear of wf for now. My wf barbarian is not any fun to play post update 14. He gets poisoned. He gets diseased. He is a mana sponge because healer's friend is borked. Even with 20% healing amp on DT armor and the 10% from ship buffs its not enough with 1k hp. Do the healers you run with a favor and make a fleshy.
    Kaezon; Loganoftroy;Ludix;Kollossus; Homisidal; Warkord
    Death n Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Artecon View Post
    I think a prerequisite to anyone wanting to play any WF melee class should be you have to play a healer...

Wraith_Sarevok - so basically what you are proposing is that I OVER HEAL the party, wasting SP's, so that I can keep you alive?

I have 8 capped toons, ALL of them USED to be WF (well my barb was a dwarf 1st life). I just TRed another (my Fighter) into a fleshie. I only have 3 WF toons left, 2 of them have red santa docents so they will probably stay WF. There is just really no good reason to play a WF melee toon.
    I'm doing the same thing, in the process of converting all my WF into fleshies. WF still make good casters, but for melee, fleshy is just so much better in the current game. About the only thing WF melee has going for them right now is immunity to energy drain, which is mostly useful for doing L8-15 quests where there are tons of dispel + energy drain mobs. In the later levels, not too many mobs dispel aside from the occasional beholder in a couple quests, so you can just have deathward up constantly, fleshy is superior in almost every way at that point.

I guess immunity to Hold is nice too, but I find that more useful in the low levels when a lot of mobs cast hold and your saves probably aren't very good yet to resist it on a fleshy.

I love WF melees, I had 6 of them of various classes, but the healing penalty is just too debilitating in the current game with the huge amount of hps you can get now.

These are usually the elitist/bad healers talking.
    If they are "elitist" and not a wannabe, you wouldn't be having a conversation with them about how hard warforged are to heal. So you can just remove elitist from that sentence or preface it with "wannabe"

Before the update, I never needed special attention from anyone when running a warforged tank. I have heal amp and healers friend. If the healers had no healing amp, different story. Usually the cure light mass is enough, with a properly specced and outfitted healer, and a properly built wf.

I haven't played since the update and don't plan on running my warforged til they fix HF. I'm leveling my druid right now anyway so I won't be doing much else.
    Last edited by hermespan; 08-27-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Pre U14 Warforged were perfect for lazy people like me. No worries about Poison, Neg Levels, drowning, etc, etc,...

Now with the new changes to WF I have to do more work, UGH.

The change to WF healing amp was nice. A free Body Feat at creation would be the icing on the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Community Member

There are people who will whine about WF being too hard to heal in endgame, but they're wrong. These are usually the elitist/bad healers talking.

I've run a WF barbarian self-damaging max DPS through lvl 20 (endgame at the time) and tanked all content on both Elite and Epic with no problems. Healers never complained about me. And I'm mostly a casual player and PuG runner.

Even with Healer's Friend currently broken, you can still run a successful WF melee through all content with just casual play. The other classes have it even easier because melee is where you take the most damage.

It's just a matter of preference for healers, why would a WF melee tank over a human/halforc melee tank who requires far less resources. I shouldn't have to use heal twice on a person and once on living player because the WF melee decided 1 healers friend was enough without additional healing amp gear.

Pros:
    Don't have to worry about Death Ward as much as every other race.
    Don't have to worry about FOM neither. No chance of being put to sleep, nauseated, paralyzed nor held. This last two are big on MoTU EE.
    Poison? Unless you somehow have -2 fort you won't fail the save, one item less.
    No restoration needed.
    Can be healed by artis, sorcs, wizards and divines.
    Don't need to breath. Underwater action item, less swapping more fighting.
    Reconstruction works over healing curse.

Cons:
    Healing Amplification.
    Behind Horc on dmg.
    No Dragonmarks
    Extra dmg from acid and rust monsters, lasts having a chance to stun you per attack.
    Bugged AC atm.

There you have it, pros and cons. Some people might differ and they have all the right. I'm just stating my opinion.

Btw, it depends on your playstyle if you raid rather than solo etc. As long as you have over the 101% heal amp any healer out there should full heal your bar with Mass Heal.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Cons:
    Healing Amplification.
    Behind Horc on dmg.
    No Dragonmarks
    Extra dmg from acid and rust monsters, lasts having a chance to stun you per attack.
    Bugged AC atm.
    Warforged don't receive extra damage from acid.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Pros:
    Don't have to worry about Death Ward as much as every other race.
    Don't have to worry about FOM neither. No chance of being put to sleep, nauseated, paralyzed nor held. This last two are big on MoTU EE.
    Poison? Unless you somehow have -2 fort you won't fail the save, one item less.
    No restoration needed.
    Can be healed by artis, sorcs, wizards and divines.
    Don't need to breath. Underwater action item, less swapping more fighting.
    Reconstruction works over healing curse.

Cons:
    Healing Amplification.
    Behind Horc on dmg.
    No Dragonmarks
    Bugged AC atm.

There you have it, pros and cons. Some people might differ and they have all the right. I'm just stating my opinion.

Btw, it depends on your playstyle if you raid rather than solo etc. As long as you have over the 101% heal amp any healer out there should full heal your bar with Mass Heal.
    sorry, but you can be nauseated. happened to me many times in motu
    sorry, but you need poison pots to remove the DOT from drow blades which always apply
    sorry, but you need restoration to remove stat penalties
    sorry, but healing curses like found in Caught in the Web can't be repaired through
    Last edited by scoobmx; 09-23-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

I've run a TON of healers and only a few melees. I may not be an authority on the subject of healing wf, but for me, wf are only really hard to heal the level before I get the heal spell. (somewhere between 9 and 12 depending on class and if I take blade barrier first on a fvs). These levels are kind of difficult for new players and vets alike in my experience. You don't get all of your gear till a later level and don't have healers friend maxed out yet. The only time I have a problem keeping up with heals on wf melees after then stems from the player being unable to manage agro or refusing to take any form of healing amplification. (one player even took improved fortification making himself immune to my cleric's heals). That being said, you have to decide what you 're willing to make an investment in as far as your build goes. As a wf, you're expected to help out the healer by keeping yourself up in between fights, having healing amp, and managing your agro. If you're a good player, you're gonna help out the healer as much as possible on any toon anyway. It won't be much of an issue. Being able to be healed or repaired is nice when you can't find a healer and the wiz doesn't mind throwing a reconstruct your way every now and then. Sometimes it's nice to have a few options.

AM wizzy and arty WF are competitive, FvS and monk marginally good. I used to have a majority of WF characters and just two left. The immunity nerf and continuing Healer's Friend issues were influential in TRing several to fleshies.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    sorry, but you can be nauseated. happened to me many times in motu
    sorry, but you need poison pots to remove the DOT from drow blades which always apply
    sorry, but you need restoration to remove stat penalties
    sorry, but healing curses like found in Caught in the Web can't be repaired through
    for stats dont need restore just lesser restore and can use pots for that

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

No. WF are absolutely unplayable by now.

I would also vote for WF to be prohibited from entering the Realms as such a sight would be way too disturbing for the good people of Eveningstar and beyond. Same goes for HELFs for reasons of sheer ugliness.

Go reroll...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12