Default Shiradi stances stacking?

So I feel like this is probably obvious, but I just can't figure out if you're suppose to be able to use multiple shiradi stances at the same time, e.g. "stay frosty" and "prism"? If I activate stay frosty, then prism they both appear on the buff bar, but only prism has the "activated" spinning blue outline on the hotkey bar, and reactivated stay frosty removes prism.

I suppose it has to be a bug in there somewhere, I'm just not sure which way it's suppose to be.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

shiradi ranged (stay frosty) and wild hunter (prism) stances should not stack. You're likely seeing cosmetic issues with the buff bar (not surprising).

Quote Originally Posted by Aliss7 View Post
    shiradi ranged (stay frosty) and wild hunter (prism) stances should not stack. You're likely seeing cosmetic issues with the buff bar (not surprising).
    Right now the tool tip for prism also says "shiradi ranged stance:" adding to the confusion. So you can use "stay good" and "stay frosty" or "prism" (and associated enhancements)? All the others appear to be passive.

I guess I'll probably go with prism, it just looks fun.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Stay Frosty appears to be bugged. It's supposed to be a ranged stance but instead of going into a stance when you use it, it applies a permanent buff to you that lasts through shrines/quest completions and doesn't even go away when you swap EDs.

I think death kills the buff though, haven't really tested extensively.
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

I've done a little testing on this(not extensive) and have found that I can have all showing on my bar, but it seems like only the last one you clicked is active(and has the blue line going around it in the toolbar). Also, if I activate good, then activate any other, my crossbow loses the "good" dr breaking.

Now I need to pick which ones I will be bothered with. Cold is pretty much junk, I don't even care about the spot bonus it gives. Good is always nice to add to your weapon. And prismatic it a bit too random, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Material View Post
    I've done a little testing on this(not extensive) and have found that I can have all showing on my bar, but it seems like only the last one you clicked is active(and has the blue line going around it in the toolbar). Also, if I activate good, then activate any other, my crossbow loses the "good" dr breaking.

Now I need to pick which ones I will be bothered with. Cold is pretty much junk, I don't even care about the spot bonus it gives. Good is always nice to add to your weapon. And prismatic it a bit too random, I think.
    Nope, stay frosty is retained, even after turning off prism so i shouldn't be getting the random damage types the frost damage is still coming through.. enjoy the bonus dps while you can i guess

Though prism is rather random don't forget its actually 3 different 7% chances added to the innate shiradi stuff instead of 1 once you've got it upgraded to double rainbow.. stat damage, extra damage of random type & the totally random effect. I love my double rainbow, ok its unpredictable, but that just adds to the awesome moments when you get a lovely sunburst splatting a group, or a knockdown effect that can even put red named bosses on their backsides.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Stay frosty does not work if the hotbar doesn't show its active. The buff icon does bug out, but does not give you ANY benfits of the stance if the icon on your hotbar is not active..

I've tested it heavily.

Stay Frosty is simply bugged if you don't deactivate it directly. If its de-actvated by switching into another stance, another destiny, resetting tree, etc.. Then the icon stays ont he screen, but you lose all the benefits of it.

If you switch destinies, the only way to clear the icon is to go back, put it on your bar, and de-activate it normally. Though the icon itself has no effect other then to perhaps cause some additional lag logging in.

You can also EASILY test this yourself by just looking at your skills, Stay frosti also grants +3/6 spots. You'll see its lost when the icon is not active, regardless of if the buff icon remains.

Stay good suffers the same visual bug.
    Prism and it's upgrades do not, they work fine.

edit: This is for rank2 of the ability, on a sorcerer testing via various spells. Its functionality may vary for other classes/ranged attacks/different ranks of the ability.
    Last edited by Shade; 08-31-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Community Member PlaneswalkerJP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Stay Frosty is simply bugged if you don't deactivate it directly. If its de-actvated by switching into another stance, another destiny, resetting tree, etc.. Then the icon stays ont he screen, but you lose all the benefits of it.
    My archon and my spells still proc the ice damage sometimes when this happen. Not sure on weapons, I didn't test them.

Quote Originally Posted by PlaneswalkerJP View Post
    My archon and my spells still proc the ice damage sometimes when this happen. Not sure on weapons, I didn't test them.
    Ditto - i can activate stay frosty, activate then deactivate prism.. stay frosty will still be on my buff bar (rainbow will be gone) & despite not being active on my hotbar & MMs, CMs etc. will still quite happily get the 200-300+ ice procs fairly reliably.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Stay frosty does not work if the hotbar doesn't show its active. The buff icon does bug out, but does not give you ANY benfits of the stance if the icon on your hotbar is not active..
    Wrong.

I've tested it heavily.
    Turn on Stay Frosty, switch out of Shiridai, enjoy Stay Frosty benefit until you die. They still haven't fixed it, been like that since day 1.

Community Member

WOMAGAD !

Shade is wrong, thats something new !

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Wrong.

Turn on Stay Frosty, switch out of Shiridai, enjoy Stay Frosty benefit until you die. They still haven't fixed it, been like that since day 1.
    If I do exactly that, Stay frosty deactivates and I lose the icon and effect.

I can mess around with things and eventaully get the icon to show up without it really being active. But i don't get the spot, nor any of the procs.

You may indeed be getting them, I do not.

And no, I'm not wrong. Neither are you. Whats wrong here is the fact were both making the bad mistake of assuming it works the same for each other, without even knowing the details.

The fact is destinies are very buggy, and not all bugs are easily 100% reproducable like you make them out to be. The QA obviously did at least SOME testing, and like my testing, found no real issues here.

Some major factors that will effect our results:
    - Stay frosty has multiple ranks. Often only a certain rank is buggy. Which one do you use?
    - Stay frosty has various ways of being deactivated, some cause the icon to stick, some dont.
    - The procs may work differently on ranged weps vs spellcasts.

One related bug I noticed just testing this again following your steps:
    Stay frosty procs never show up in the combat log. I'll sometimes see the frost icon and a damage number over an enemies head, but no cold damage is ever logged. Nor does the slow effect show in enemies bios. Makes it hard to tell if its working or not.

related confusion:
    Stay good I tested too again.. Simlarly I could get the icon to stick, but never got any light dmg procs unless it was active. Actaully testing the third rank showed it never worked at all for me except making my ranged weapons good. Actaully the icon was super bugged on this for the third rank. I could NOT get rid of it no matter what, using the icon directly, relogging, resetting the tree, etc. It was permanently stuck there.

I respeced to try the 2nd rank. The 2 rank overrid the third, and when deactivated, cleared the icon for me thankfully.. The 2nd rank did also work, and show some procs, but again not when it was in taht weird partial state.
    Last edited by Shade; 08-31-2012 at 02:55 PM.