Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Should have just made the damn things give a flat run-of-the-mill +4/+2 "madstone" bonus to con/str (or whatever) ages ago and stopped wasting time on it. The proc effect is cool and all, but how much wasted time is it worth when we have so many problems?
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    Should have just made the damn things give a flat run-of-the-mill +4/+2 "madstone" bonus to con/str (or whatever) ages ago and stopped wasting time on it. The proc effect is cool and all, but how much wasted time is it worth when we have so many problems?
    Matter of opinion if fixing bugs is time wasted or not. It certainly isn't imo. Especially for bugs that affect such a large number of players that many people want to see fixed.. I mean this is the number one most replied topic on the bug forums for a reason, people use these boots and want them to work correctly.

And imo it would hardly take any decent dev that much time to change a simple melee haste values from 10 to 20, and remove some invalid code to fix the shaken effect.

Not seen the death after rez bug from the boots, tho i have from other effects.. I'll research it an add to OP if i can reproduce.

Its easy to reproduce it,here are 2 pics to show how it works.
    On first 1 mobs killed me but it says due to con bonus decreasing.
    On second pic I get raise dead from my hire,I click yes and it instantly kills me again.
    Whats bugging it probably is that when Im dead on first pic the Madstone rage buff is still on me even though Im dead.

Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 12-13-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Can anyone check if the bug I wrote about was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Can anyone check if the bug I wrote about was fixed.
    Did a quick test in U17 and it appears some bugs, but not all were fixed:
    - Both forms of madstone rage are removed upon death, so the Die - keep rage - get rezed and die again due to losing rage upon res bug seems fixed.
    - Shaken debuff is indeed fixed (also in rls notes).
    - Melee Haste giving the wrong value bug remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Did a quick test in U17 and it appears some bugs, but not all were fixed:
    - Both forms of madstone rage are removed upon death, so the Die - keep rage - get rezed and die again due to losing rage upon res bug seems fixed.
    - Shaken debuff is indeed fixed (also in rls notes).
    - Melee Haste giving the wrong value bug remains.
    Is the boots effect a different effect from the one bestowed when being hit by creatures in the madstone crater ?
    Because both myself and a Seer I was defending got the shaken effect bestowed on us when a madstone rage we had after being hit by minautors ended.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Is the boots effect a different effect from the one bestowed when being hit by creatures in the madstone crater ?
    Because both myself and a Seer I was defending got the shaken effect bestowed on us when a madstone rage we had after being hit by minautors ended.
    They probably just fixed the boots rage and not quest one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234