Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    My QA solution is to nuke them from orbit and start over. Lucky for you dev does not agree.
    I wish dev would see the light and just create a whole new item, and then also make them available in more than one raid.

The Hatchery

Raging increases the SP cost of spells by 1000%. Problem solved, possibly. I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult to code, since there are already in-game effects that alter SP cost.

Barbarians get clickies, I guess, but I would imagine they activate buff clickies by chewing on them, and use offensive clickies (like Epic Big Top) by hitting the mob with the item itself.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ravengerpl View Post
    Yeah, I know about attempts to change Madstone Boots in U13. But it shouldn't proc shaken - http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=854
    It's still doing Shaken when it wears off even on Lamania U14.2. I just tried it.

It works with Barbarian Rage now though. Both the regular and Past Life one. Just have to memorize a new buff order to get it to work with Primal Scream.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

My QA solution is to nuke them from orbit and start over.
    Just saying.. So far that's the best solution proposed from turbine.

I'm cool with that.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

you left out barbarian rage

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Sarevok View Post
    It's still doing Shaken when it wears off even on Lamania U14.2. I just tried it.

It works with Barbarian Rage now though. Both the regular and Past Life one. Just have to memorize a new buff order to get it to work with Primal Scream.
    it makes sense so, as primal scream adds con, and con adds to Barb rage duration. YAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Old Birthday Cakes of Wishes don't turn into new Six Year Old Cakes.

Community Member

My QA solution is to nuke them from orbit and start over.
    Anyone else find this funny in context of Madstone being created as a result of magic Cataclysm similar in results to nuking from orbit? Well, this should make Madstone even more powerful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Old Birthday Cakes of Wishes don't turn into new Six Year Old Cakes.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    -- Even worse: Madstone melee speed overrides haste (which is 15% for melee), causing you to attack slower then intended.
    Huh???

I just tried the boots out on live U14.2 and they don't override Haste. The devs added a new "attack speed" modifier icon next to the BAB counter. When you mouse over, it shows that Madstone gives +10% melee attack speed bonus and Haste gives +15%. If you cast Haste followed by Madstone, you still end up with +15%.

Then if you check the effects log, you'll get a mesage saying something like this:

(Effects): You have multiple effects granting an Enhancement bonus to Melee Attack Speed that do not stack. ( Madstone Rage and 95 Potions of Haste )

You can also visually test your swings in game with both orders: Haste followed by Madstone and Madstone followed by Haste. The result is always the same for me. My character swings at the Haste speed of +15%.

Maybe this was a bug that you discovered on Lamania U14.2? It seems to be working properly now.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Sarevok View Post
    Huh???

I just tried the boots out on live U14.2 and they don't override Haste. The devs added a new "attack speed" modifier icon next to the BAB counter. When you mouse over, it shows that Madstone gives +10% melee attack speed bonus and Haste gives +15%. If you cast Haste followed by Madstone, you still end up with +15%.

Then if you check the effects log, you'll get a mesage saying something like this:

(Effects): You have multiple effects granting an Enhancement bonus to Melee Attack Speed that do not stack. ( Madstone Rage and 95 Potions of Haste )

You can also visually test your swings in game with both orders: Haste followed by Madstone and Madstone followed by Haste. The result is always the same for me. My character swings at the Haste speed of +15%.

Maybe this was a bug that you discovered on Lamania U14.2? It seems to be working properly now.
    It only happens occoasionally like many bugs in this game. I can't find steps to reliable reproduce it either, but i've had it happen several times randomly just running around the forest watching my log.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamus View Post
    I can verify that when madstoned on Granfmaster of flowers you cannot use the Lilly Petal and Orchid Blosom while you can still use when madstoned all the rest abilities like Drifting Lotus and Scatering Petals .

It is buged .
    This is still true.

Primal scream still not working either.

woot.

Arrow

U15 Update: (op updated too)
    You can now use pretty much everything except spellcasting with madstone active. Yay! Thanks for that.

However, all is not well:
    The bug i've clearly pointed out in the screenshot in the OP is still not fixed. Please fully fix madstone boots. You've come this far turbine, why not go for the full 100% fix.

Madstone was fixed, would be nice if they do the same for bloodrage.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Madstone was fixed, would be nice if they do the same for bloodrage.
    Sadly it is not really fixed.

Half way fixes are not that impressive to me. Not exactly good QA to only fix things half way.

And for such an iconic, vastly used and loved item, it really deserves to be properly fixed.

Outstanding bugs to recap:
    - Does not grant the listed melee haste bonus correctly.
    - Still incorrectly has the 30 seconds shaken debuff attached to it after it expires, which was specificl said it was removed by a dev.

I mean seriously, it's been several years. Several hundred posts and reports about these bugs, and you STILL no effort is made to fix these fairly simple bugs. Would likely take a good dev no more then an hour to fix as it's simply a matter of changing 10% to 20% and removing some inproper code.

DDO QA. Fixing things only half way since 2006..

Community Member

Cannot use druid wolf and bear attacks while Madstoned....add to list!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

If QA is fixing things, no wonder the game has the bugs it does.

Sadly it is not really fixed.

Half way fixes are not that impressive to me. Not exactly good QA to only fix things half way.

And for such an iconic, vastly used and loved item, it really deserves to be properly fixed.

Outstanding bugs to recap:
    - Does not grant the listed melee haste bonus correctly.
    - Still incorrectly has the 30 seconds shaken debuff attached to it after it expires, which was specificl said it was removed by a dev.

I mean seriously, it's been several years. Several hundred posts and reports about these bugs, and you STILL no effort is made to fix these fairly simple bugs. Would likely take a good dev no more then an hour to fix as it's simply a matter of changing 10% to 20% and removing some inproper code.

Did they fix the madstone bug when you die with madstone rage you get rezzed and you immediately die again because of it?
    Happened to me yesterday on live,dont know if its fixed on lam.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Did they fix the madstone bug when you die with madstone rage you get rezzed and you immediately die again because of it?
    Happened to me yesterday on live,dont know if its fixed on lam.
    I must have missed that bug. Explains what happened to me yesterday though. (Also on live)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I must have missed that bug. Explains what happened to me yesterday though. (Also on live)
    I think its been here since u15.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I think its been here since u15.
    Quite possible, This is the first time I've played this particular character since the expansion came out.

Cant wait to see what new "features" will come with epic Madstone boots.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast