Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Snip
    I can verify that when madstoned on Granfmaster of flowers you cannot use the Lilly Petal and Orchid Blosom while you can still use when madstoned all the rest abilities like Drifting Lotus and Scatering Petals .

It is buged .
    Last edited by Deamus; 07-20-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Edited Typos
    One Monk To Gimp Them All
    Europe Devourer Beta Player
    Arise Founder
    Daemus, Daemons, Daemonicus Thelanis Server

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Been running with madstone for years. but honestly still haven't found a better general boot to wear.

I'm just going to start calling them "Hate Magnet Boots".

1. No body seems to know how they work. I mean look at the constant bugs.
    2. Awwwww.
    3. I hear more complaints about people not pulling them in Reaver than the other items.
    Personally I prefer rock boots. Take the initial Madstone clicky (when they fix it!!!!) and then swap over. The earthgrab and stone prison guard are pretty sweet, plus you don't have to faff around for 2 minutes before you can raise anyone or use other gear etc.

The Barabarians not being able to use spells while raged was added as a nerf for the overpoweredness of barbarians a long time back.

I would limited it to level 0, level 1 and levelless spells.
    (Levelless is that a word?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    The problem is we cant get madder.
    C'mon, its nothing a nerfbat won't fix!
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

Quote Originally Posted by ravengerpl View Post
    How about shaken procs after madstone rage? I just noticed this on live (when I took off my useless GS with proof agains poison/disease and fear immunity), but as far as I know it shouldn't proc.
    Lol,thats been here since u13,when they wanted to change madstone rage so you can cast spells,but then they decided not to change them after thread on lamannia,but shaken got on them.

Quote Originally Posted by grayham View Post
    Personally I prefer rock boots. Take the initial Madstone clicky (when they fix it!!!!) and then swap over. The earthgrab and stone prison guard are pretty sweet, plus you don't have to faff around for 2 minutes before you can raise anyone or use other gear etc.
    But then you lose 30% striding(can slot 6 dex on epic slot).

Quote Originally Posted by Cryohazard View Post
    C'mon, its nothing a nerfbat won't fix!
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 07-20-2012 at 07:56 AM.

DDO Producer

So yea thanks for fixing it so we can use barbarian rage again.. But why only go half way on this.. Would be a lot nicer if we could just fix them 100%, once and for all.

Exhibit A:

Should speak for itself, but I'll point out the errors here:
    -Item CLEARLY states +20% melee haste. New char sheet popup and effects log state 10%. (Actual via careful testing shows 10%)
    -- Even worse: Madstone melee speed overrides haste (which is 15% for melee), causing you to attack slower then intended.

Madstone still blocks tons of effects it should not, including, but not limited to:
    1. Primal Scream (Fury ED)
    2. Boulder Toss (Fury ED)
    3. Healing Spring (Shiradis ED)
    4. Wild Shot (Shiradis ED)
    5. Entering Stalwart/Sibery Stance
    6. Changing Monks stances
    7. Various actives in the Grandmaster Tree, (unverified for latest patch, any monk pls verify this)
    8. Laying down a torch
    9. Laying down a turret
    10. Eating a kobold
    11. Tieing your shoes
    12. Logging out your character
    13. Ok I made the last three up, but you get the picture, its a lot of things bugged.

(Related bugs: Infernal Power (Hezrou Cooke), Bloodrage and Tensors also block all of the above, in addition, they still block Barbarian Rage.)

Steps to fix:

1. Examine the issue on a larger scale:
    The big picture issue here:

EVERYTHING in the game that involves a special animation is by default considered "spell casting" and thus "not useable by rage, not useable while madstone raged, not useable while tensors/eating a Hezrou cookie/blade sworn transformed." Every single patch that changes anything related, the devs have to painstakingly manually go in 1 by 1 and flag the things to work with it.

2. What should be done to fix way too often recurring bug permanently, once and for all:
    1. Change Barbarian rage and Madstone rage to not block spell casting.
    2. Manually flag spells which it should actually block as unusable while its active. Much the same as some spells are flagged as "not useable in pvp".

AKA: An always off versus the current always on.

This fix would work for today, and for every day in the future, and mean that instead of "extra work every time we make a new ability that has an animation" its less work load of "minor work only when we make new spells"

and even if you forget to set said flag, the consequences are far less:

At worse, next time you add a spell, it will be usable while madstoned because they forgot to set the flag.. But given the entire rest of your spell book wont be, using the boots on a caster would still be suicidal, so they wont be used. Its foolproof.

Ticker: This is the 41,178th bug related to "cant activate this while raged" in DDO. We really need to do a global fix already.

(re-post because this bug is well deserving of ..more.. attention)
    Right. Madstone boots have more bpr (bugs per release) than any group of items in the game. Yes, there are more bugs for these boots than all of handwraps. My QA solution is to nuke them from orbit and start over. Lucky for you dev does not agree.
    They are out for a full overhaul. The fixes are not in patch 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Madstone boots have more bpr (bugs per release)
    BPR just became my favourite term, I will endever to use it more often (but hopefully not too often!! )
    Level 20 commoner.

It because 6 years of lazy coding later everything is still a spell effect. You would think that as some point in 6 years this would have been fixed in the engine but no... everything is still a spell effect.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

They are out for a full overhaul.
    This is a cliffhanger, if I've ever seen one

Right. Madstone boots have more bpr (bugs per release) than any group of items in the game. Yes, there are more bugs for these boots than all of handwraps. My QA solution is to nuke them from orbit and start over. Lucky for you dev does not agree.
    Ooop, there we go with the math again...

PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Community Member

Lucky for you dev does not agree.
    Hilarious!
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    It should block this. rage dont work with this.
    No, the correct functionality would be the same as spell rage, bbn rage or any other rage: It would remove and ward against the effect upon entering stance, not prevent you from doing so.

That way stalwarts could at least enjoy the passve benefits of the boots, without worrying about getting sudden madstoned after they die, before they could re-stance.

Barb rage per pnp always allows you to dismiss it. DDO does too, tho only for bbn rage.

Ok thanks. However, but the players don't want a full overhaul as we've seen before. We simply want functional madstone boots that work per there description. The fix in my op would do that.

Ok thanks. However, but the players don't want a full overhaul as we've seen before. We simply want functional madstone boots that work per there description. The fix in my op would do that.
    Yep,we dont want more "fixes" like what you wanted to do in u12 with them but we only got shaken from it.

Considering the nerd rage skipped ludicrous and went straight to plaid when the last attempted madstone adjustment was made known, Im surprised you guys even fiddle with them anymore.

Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Lol,thats been here since u13,when they wanted to change madstone rage so you can cast spells,but then they decided not to change them after thread on lamannia,but shaken got on them.
    Yeah, I know about attempts to change Madstone Boots in U13. But it shouldn't proc shaken - http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=854

No, the correct functionality would be the same as spell rage, bbn rage or any other rage: It would remove and ward against the effect upon entering stance, not prevent you from doing so.

That way stalwarts could at least enjoy the passve benefits of the boots, without worrying about getting sudden madstoned after they die, before they could re-stance.

Barb rage per pnp always allows you to dismiss it. DDO does too, tho only for bbn rage.
    You're forgetting a very important part.

Stalwart and defender prestiges are focused on defense, the ability to control the environment of combat to greatly reduce the incoming damage and to manage the aggression of foes that would otherwise harm your party.

Rages, including madstone rage are all very wild fighting styles...or rather following instinct of fury and not discipline. What part of flailing about wildly is focus and discipline? None...alright, glad that's settled. I'd offer you some math, but this is an issue of logical source.

Didn't madstone get bumped down to 10% back when they bumped down all the attack rate bonuses? circa U5?
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    You're forgetting a very important part.

Stalwart and defender prestiges are focused on defense, the ability to control the environment of combat to greatly reduce the incoming damage and to manage the aggression of foes that would otherwise harm your party.

Rages, including madstone rage are all very wild fighting styles...or rather following instinct of fury and not discipline. What part of flailing about wildly is focus and discipline? None...alright, glad that's settled. I'd offer you some math, but this is an issue of logical source.

I dont think you get what "remove and ward against effect" means. Maybe instead being a smart*** you could try and read what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by ravengerpl View Post
    Yeah, I know about attempts to change Madstone Boots in U13. But it shouldn't proc shaken - http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=854
    But it is,that was 5 months ago

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast