Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by psykoosi View Post
    If you wanna keep ppl who zerg away from your group, you can write something like: Doing all optionals, or getting conquest and brekables in your LFM:s. But with this you propably also repel ppl who make 3-7day legend TR's away from your groups.
    But I would suggest to enjoy those moments and just "pike like h3ll" when you are doing a melee life and you have a chance. Theres nothing wrong about "not doing your share" if other ppl in group are cool with it. After numerous TR's, you will see that gettin 2-3k xp/min for couple hours beats pulling 300gold pieces from random chest in chamber of kourush.
    This. Absolutely this.

I don't care if people pike my invis runs of quests (particularly those side-tombs in sands where there is literally 1boss to kill) but I do care if they wander around causing alert, or dying, or killing some mobs so no devious, or take forever finishing out, or they go in on the wrong difficulty, loot a useless chest or otherwise slow down the XP.

Putting up an lfm for that kind of quest is usually a favor to the server/seeing if anyone interesting hits the lfm rather than speeding up questing.

I haven't met a single 4th+ lifer who plays with the mindset quite like yours parvo. I am not saying you won't get there, but maybe some things will change as you experience TRing more.

Quote Originally Posted by psykoosi View Post
    If you wanna keep ppl who zerg away from your group, you can write something like: Doing all optionals, or getting conquest and brekables in your LFM:s. But with this you propably also repel ppl who make 3-7day legend TR's away from your groups.
    But I would suggest to enjoy those moments and just "pike like h3ll" when you are doing a melee life and you have a chance. Theres nothing wrong about "not doing your share" if other ppl in group are cool with it. After numerous TR's, you will see that gettin 2-3k xp/min for couple hours beats pulling 300gold pieces from random chest in chamber of kourush.
    The thing you have to realize is that the way he is used to playing is the complete opposite of most completionist/multi-tr zergers. When I first started playing it was in Parvo's permadeath guild. The rules there prohibit you from using the AH, trading loot, or twinking new characters. In MVPG you have to run quests on highest difficulty possible with only the gear you find in quests, including potions, if i remember correctly you could trade collectables for them but you couldn't buy them. The way he is used to playing everything in every chest is valuable.

In time I'm sure he'll realize the difference and that in non-permadeath xp/min is far more valuable than vendor loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar7 View Post
    The thing you have to realize is that the way he is used to playing is the complete opposite of most completionist/multi-tr zergers. When I first started playing it was in Parvo's permadeath guild. The rules there prohibit you from using the AH, trading loot, or twinking new characters. In MVPG you have to run quests on highest difficulty possible with only the gear you find in quests, including potions, if i remember correctly you could trade collectables for them but you couldn't buy them. The way he is used to playing everything in every chest is valuable.

In time I'm sure he'll realize the difference and that in non-permadeath xp/min is far more valuable than vendor loot.
    On the other hand, if you never farmed gear, chest loot is your best chance at a major windfall. A single medium eberron dragonshard will add 50k plat to your bank and completely change the way you run quests. A stack of haste pots is more powerful than 4 level-ups for a melee.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

I've never "zerged" really, though I've been accused of that before. I've never really witnessed hardcore zerging, although I think the concept is an interesting one.

I've two characters, both on their 3rd life, that I consider my "main" characters. I'm habitual about running every quest, or nearly every quest, I hate farming quests over and over again (but I will if I run out of stuff to run, which doesn't happen until higher levels), and I usually always do optionals - at least the ones that aren't obnoxious.

I guess for me, I like the game enough that I want to experience all of it. I never quite understood people that just run through 10% of the time repeatedly on their way towards cap. That just never computed with me, and still doesn't.

I guess I can kind of understand it if you're only goal is another notch in your past life belt, and you've already acquired every named item you care about, and have 8 mules stocked full with all the gear you ever need. For me, running quests - all the quests, is where I get the most enjoyment.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Looks like this project flamed out.

Not a huge surprise considering how antagonistic the OP had become towards the game.

Community Member

There are only two types of zergers. Controlled and uncontrolled. Doesnt matter how many TRs you have you can still be a fail. Controlled zergers is the crowd everyone wants to have access to but not many do.

Cant be explained you need to have experienced it. (Hence the drama).

Peace.

Pyreal af Templar

Default Update

What's the latest on your completionist project Parvo?
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213