Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    This is going to be a cool story, bro. Anyone want to guess how it ends?
    MY guess...He'll win DDO.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    MY guess...He'll win DDO.
    Sweet. We'll be here in 3 years? Yeah, probably. Pretty sick but probably true :-p Go Parvo !

All i have to say about Cannith in general.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/599541

Welcome.

Im sure we will cross paths soon.
    ||Im the Next Big Thing To Hit Cannith...Coming In HoTtt||

Quote Originally Posted by Finch_Bloomwhiffler View Post
    Every TR I don't have one barbarian level is a TR where I cry about not having sprint boost, so yay Barbarian level!
    That's how I feel nowadays. Even my monk has two ranger levels.

Parvo the Warrior dropped the hammer today and knocked out some xpeej. Did Catacombs, STK, Sharn, Rest, Freshen, Irestone, Depths, Tangleroot, Small Problem. Sixth level of fighter brought some nice damage by the way of Kensai.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

My wife and squid went to mom-in-laws for a day so I guided Parvo the Warrior through lots of quests. He is now level nine. Equipment isn't so great but he does fine with +3 Greatsword. Able to wear a few things from past 8-16 stone life now. Was also able to bank some xp at eight. Groups are really hit or miss. There are lots of noobs in the lows. One poor chap was using a canned build and had 56 HP at level six... I don't often tell folks how to build a character but that poor guy needed some help so I offered some advice.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

After the weekend, Parvo the Warrior is level nine with enough XP for ten. Looking at the quest list, there are only two level seven quests left. The Pit and Taming the Flames. Doing either in a PUG makes me shudder. With Parvo's first life, he skipped pretty much right to sixteen and into groups that were fair to good. However, with the second life, doing lower level quests the range of player ability in PUG goes much lower. Trappers that can't time easy stuff, super squishy builds, tanks that can't, healers that can't, can'ts that can't. Don't get me wrong, I've still had some decent groups, but the variability at lower levels is much greater. Last two quests for the night were Bounty Hunter and Graverobber. First attempt at Graverobber, two puggers died and my cleric hire couldn't get past the first set of traps. Second attempt, I gave up finding a decent rogue and hired one. He wasn't great, but he shut off the first trap, allowing the cleric hire to attend the quest with us. Parvo the Warrior died at the end from zerging the boss and comming up a sliver short of killing him before he got off Ice Storm, then held, soundburst, lightning bolt, blah blah...held on pretty good for a bit but couldn't get ahold of the boss and finally went down.

Some of the trap-filled quests are a pain. It can take too long to wait on a trapper and I don't want to spend turb points on hire trappers. I can guide my character past most traps, but the cleric hire often walks into them. Sometimes I can get him to teleport to me, but that doesn't always work. I'll hire trappers when I need to, but I think future lives may go faster if Parvo can trapsmith. It will weaken some builds for sure, but fits will with some classes like Monk, Ranger, Wizard. We'll see. Don't know what life number three will be yet.

Parvo has not banked much XP. Not sure if I should have him do some explorers or not before taking ten...
    Last edited by parvo; 08-05-2012 at 11:46 PM.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Here's a question for you Parvo... most of your trials and troubles of leveling so far revolve around difficulties finding good groups. As you are on this long journey towards completionist, why not look for a good guild to join where you could quest with a skilled group and forget about all the troubles of pugging?
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post

Some of the trap-filled quests are a pain. It can take too long to wait on a trapper and I don't want to spend turb points on hire trappers. I can guide my character past most traps, but the cleric hire often walks into them. Sometimes I can get him to teleport to me, but that doesn't always work. I'll hire trappers when I need to, but I think future lives may go faster if Parvo can trapsmith. It will weaken some builds for sure, but fits will with some classes like Monk, Ranger, Wizard. We'll see. Don't know what life number three will be yet.
    For the most part, i've been doing this on almost every life for my TR's, ever since the bravery bonus hit the game. At least one rogue level, maybe two depending on what build I was doing and how much I wanted evasion that life.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Here's a question for you Parvo... most of your trials and troubles of leveling so far revolve around difficulties finding good groups. As you are on this long journey towards completionist, why not look for a good guild to join where you could quest with a skilled group and forget about all the troubles of pugging?
    I know I should, but I've always been curious how far one could progress a guild solo. Guild progression is a lot slower than I thought it would be. Yesterday, I ran with a player who had guild level 97. I had guild level envy.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

I'm thinking Fighter next because I'm actually liking the barb much better than I thought I would and Fighter will be similar. Think I'll go for a strong stunner/tripper. Anyone want to front me a +2 Int tome, I'll send one back to you when I find one. I think the only +2 tome I found this life was a Charisma one.
    If you can get or maybe already got up to 1,750 Favor you can talk to the Drow Nyx in the Harbor who will give you a +2 tome of choice. And good luck on your journey, keep it rolling
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    If you can get or maybe already got up to 1,750 Favor you can talk to the Drow Nyx in the Harbor who will give you a +2 tome of choice. And good luck on your journey, keep it rolling
    I've been taken care of. I'll keep the names private unless the players want otherwise. They have my thanks.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Wanted to say that it was nice running a couple Necro quests with you the other day. You seem to be quite the nice guy
    Good luck on your journey!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehairguy View Post
    Wanted to say that it was nice running a couple Necro quests with you the other day. You seem to be quite the nice guy
    Ditto, I joined Parvo's pug the other day. I even learned something new about the quest, despite having done it dozens of times before.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehairguy View Post
    Oh great, I come to Canith and you try to spoil my pristine reputation...
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

I quested with him too and he's a grumpy mean old man.

(Better?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Yesterday, I ran with a player who had guild level 97. I had guild level envy.
    o.0

Probably a huge jerk, right?

I was lying. You're kinda a rude, meany head. I was just trying to get +1 rep ;(

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I quested with him too and he's a grumpy mean old man.

(Better?)
    Better. I have a reputation to uphold.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast