Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    Chamber of Korrush.
    That quest is a 1 min invis zerg, you met a casual zerger

Caught another player doing Tomb of the Unhallowed and finished up max XP for level 13. Trained up to 14 and hammered out Relic of a Sovereign Past. Looking forward to Diplomat Series this weekend. Ship buffs are ridiculous. I still think there is a pre-adolescent in charge of design who wants us to like them more than they want to make a good game.
    Last edited by parvo; 08-24-2012 at 05:17 AM.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member

Ship buffs are ridiculous.
    So true. Ship buffs have made elemental resists reduntant, when they were a important resource before.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    So true. Ship buffs have made elemental resists reduntant, when they were a important resource before.
    /groan. Why complain about options? Don't want to use them? It's very easy to run past and not click on them to increase your own challenge level.

As someone who plays blue bars alot, I love them. Takes away from my buff bot duty and gives me more mana to have fun with.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Caught another player doing Tomb of the Unhallowed and finished up max XP for level 13. Trained up to 14 and hammered out Relic of a Sovereign Past. Looking forward to Diplomat Series this weekend. Ship buffs are ridiculous. I still think there is a pre-adolescent in charge of design who wants us to like them more than they want to make a good
    You do realize ship buffs are completely optional and not everyone uses them?
    Last edited by Postumus; 08-26-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Yesterday, one of the quests Parvo the Warrior completed was Chains of Flame. As fate would have it, I popped over to Mortal Voyage and there was a group there also looking to do Chains of Flame. I can't adequately describe the difference between the experience. It's night and day. Why players choose to play in such a boring way, I just don't get. Of course, I'm the definition of hypocrite here as I know better than most the difference...

Anyway, Parvo the Warrior is approaching max XP for level 14. Had an LFM up for Against the Demon Queen for about an hour an had one temporary taker. Not only is normal play boring, it's far less diverse than some led me to believe. It's very hard to get a group for some quests. But I digress again...
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Most fun I've had yet in this project was last night. Finale of the Attack on Stormreach series. Five of us. We took a horendous beating the whole way through. Last I checked there were 27 deaths. At the end, I had to pop a gold seal cleric hire to help get us through. We never wiped. Took forever. It was like a constant pitched battle where the balance of the fight could go either way with a miss here or there. I thought there was a real good chance we would wipe at the end but we kept it going somehow. Cheers to the PUG that stuck it out.

Parvo the Warrior is done with all level 13 base quests and the Menechtarun. Still not close to capped XP for level fifteen. Not sure if I'll just train level sixteen or repeat some stuff...
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Default Bravery Streaks and Quest Difficulty

In the home stretch of life 7 on Mokune.

Bravery Streaks came into being while I was capped in my 2nd life.

After that I was a strict Elite BB adherent for the first 3 legend lives.

I used the Stone of XP on my 4th legend life then the XPAC with Mob Spell Power and Trap Damage changes occured while I was 18 with 19 banked.

The absolute frustration of dealing with massive spell and trap damage in quests that I could solo with a moderate degree of challenge and clever play on Elite made me step down to doing quests on Hard and Normal and threw the BB out the window.

I've found that the benefit vs time invested keeping an Elite Streak Alive is not always worth it.

I broke my Elite Streak and ran The Pit on Hard at level 9. The XP is awesome...not quite as awesome as it once was but good enough to not skip it and would still present a fair amount of challenge depending on your gear/resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    In the home stretch of life 7 on Mokune.

Bravery Streaks came into being while I was capped in my 2nd life.

After that I was a strict Elite BB adherent for the first 3 legend lives.

I used the Stone of XP on my 4th legend life then the XPAC with Mob Spell Power and Trap Damage changes occured while I was 18 with 19 banked.

The absolute frustration of dealing with massive spell and trap damage in quests that I could solo with a moderate degree of challenge and clever play on Elite made me step down to doing quests on Hard and Normal and threw the BB out the window.

I've found that the benefit vs time invested keeping an Elite Streak Alive is not always worth it.

I broke my Elite Streak and ran The Pit on Hard at level 9. The XP is awesome...not quite as awesome as it once was but good enough to not skip it and would still present a fair amount of challenge depending on your gear/resources.
    Rogues need to adjust. About half the PUG trapsmiths I find are incompetent. They need to start carrying buff potions like Fox's and Heroism if they are not otherwise covered. They also need to find decent gear. Shouldn't be hard to gear up considering the type of drops we have now. I have a suspicion most are skimping on skill ranks, and that is the problem.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Had an LFM up for Against the Demon Queen for about an hour an had one temporary taker. Not only is normal play boring, it's far less diverse than some led me to believe. It's very hard to get a group for some quests.
    It is my experience with several TRed characters that at level raids just aren't done, at least on Cannith. The lone exception that comes to mind is Tempest Spine.

And as for finding groups to run regular quests with ... it's completely hit-or-miss. Some packs are run to death - for loot. Others are run fo XP. Anything that doesn't offer an extreme of either are avoided.

I find it a shame, really, as there are a lot of really interesting story lines out there that the developers took the time to tell but have nearly no audience.

Tonight I started my completionist journey. Its my first non-PD project in over four years. Last time I played non-PD the cap was 14 I think. I can use your advice and help along the way. I have no idea how long it will take and I'm in no particular hurry. I have never played any content above base level 16.
    This is indeed a momentous occasion!

Has anyone taken Parvo's temperature?

If you ever need cash send outatime some mail.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Last night Parvo the Warrior and some others knocked off some 14 elites. Notable was a mage in Fleshmaker's Laboratory who ran away from the party to complete the quest on his own, died, then complained another member wasn't pulling thier weight. The four of us who did stick together were able to coordinate enough to get it done.

At 16, Parvo the Warriror is now at a level where some guildmates play. I look forward to a few guild runs.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Everytime i look at cannith and see this forum post i wonder how there is a thread of someone taking a long time to do lives
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyburns View Post
    Everytime i look at cannith and see this forum post i wonder how there is a thread of someone taking a long time to do lives
    I'm old and I have to pee a lot between quests. Now you know and can quit wondering.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

I'm old and I have to pee a lot between quests. Now you know and can quit wondering.
    Someone must pay Kenny to play ddo.. The rest of us have to work.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

I took the long weekend off this project and played permadeath in Mortal Voyage. I'll be back at it soon.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Last I checked there were 27 deaths.
    Amateur. pfft.

Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Hah! Nice work...
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Not only is normal play boring, it's far less diverse than some led me to believe. It's very hard to get a group for some quests. But I digress again...
    I would encourage you to try and randomly pug permadeath quests.

It would be a similar situation of lots of sitting around to form a party. Point being that normal players run all sorts of quests, but randomly trying to pug something is always going to be a slower slog. Have some dedicated party members from channel/guild and you probably run alot of different stuff. I know I do in guild groups. I think I have over the 1750 favor mark at level 14 on my current life and I have been trying to get favor at all this life.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Default zerging

I met my first dedicated true zerger. I had one other person in the group already. he joined with a cleric on Chamber of Korrush. I think the first thing he said was, "enjoy the pyke".
    If you wanna keep ppl who zerg away from your group, you can write something like: Doing all optionals, or getting conquest and brekables in your LFM:s. But with this you propably also repel ppl who make 3-7day legend TR's away from your groups.
    But I would suggest to enjoy those moments and just "pike like h3ll" when you are doing a melee life and you have a chance. Theres nothing wrong about "not doing your share" if other ppl in group are cool with it. After numerous TR's, you will see that gettin 2-3k xp/min for couple hours beats pulling 300gold pieces from random chest in chamber of kourush.
    steelrender-bowlhead-cement-noita-hurja-hiiri-clumsyzerg
    - a tribe called zerg - cannith -

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast