Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    But why would someone new to DDO bother with all this?

If I try to register to test out a new game and is met by a registration page that does not work I think: This must be a piece of **** game, I am not going to bother with this. And never look back again......
    Yes, that's what exactly on my mind. I don't want my friends' first experience for DDO is to log a ticket to a customer support.

So I just didn't bother with my friends.

Too bad I am really enjoying this game so much.

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    Yes, that's what exactly on my mind. I don't want my friends' first experience for DDO is to log a ticket to a customer support.

So I just didn't bother with my friends.

Too bad I am really enjoying this game so much.
    Tell them to change from IE to FF.

If this doesn't work, register without the yellow cube.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    Tell them to change from IE to FF.

If this doesn't work, register without the yellow cube.
    Thanks, but no, my friends have experienced a different problem, and they didn't bother to go and file a ticket.

I am just saying that, I don't want my friends' early experience on DDO is filing a support ticket.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Please have them submit a ticket to DDO Community/Forum Support. If they can take a screenshot of their error page, that would be helpful as well. I'm not sure what might be causing your issue, but one of our support staff can assist your friends. This can be done by visiting support.turbine.com, then clicking on "Support Center" and "Submit a Ticket".
    let's try this again:

I would just like to say that this is absolutely the best way to handle this. I could not have come up with a better way myself.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefritz View Post
    let's try this again:

I would just like to say that this is absolutely the best way to handle this. I could not have come up with a better way myself.
    Sarcasm. my favourite

Community Member

You all probably should realize that half of filling out the ticket is probably also so they can FIX it, rather than listen to more naysaying, whining, and complaining on the forums that makes 90% of what's here. Yes, it's stupid and it would deter new players. It will KEEP doing so until people take a moment to report it so they can fix it. "should" it work anyways? Yeah sure, but so should all software, but it never does, it's the nature of the beast.

The Epic Destinies are an embarrassing mess of wrong tool-tips, bugged abilities, and things that just don't work, but all we can do as players is report them or quit the game and stop supporting it. So have your friend submit a ticket, register without the referral and deal with it, or don't play.

Please have them submit a ticket to DDO Community/Forum Support. If they can take a screenshot of their error page, that would be helpful as well. I'm not sure what might be causing your issue, but one of our support staff can assist your friends. This can be done by visiting support.turbine.com, then clicking on "Support Center" and "Submit a Ticket".
    Can you do that without an account?

Edit: Yes you can.
    Last edited by Sgt_Hart; 07-25-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    But why would someone new to DDO bother with all this?

If I try to register to test out a new game and is met by a registration page that does not work I think: This must be a piece of **** game, I am not going to bother with this. And never look back again......
    They may still play, but probably won't go through the effort to fix the referral. Since the program began I have 3 referrals, none of which worked correctly and I personally sat beside two of them when they signed up.

All three still play though.

Sorry Jerry, they're not interested. They were willing to sign up and have a go at DDO, and maybe get themselves a new MMO, but they're not interested in raising bug reports just to get online, they've only really agreed to do it as a favour to me to get me my pet and to finally get me to stop nagging them to play after two years. But pretty much as soon as they ran into difficulties they just said 'never had this problem signing up for an MMO before' and gave up after a few tries (I pointed out this wasn't true and gave them some examples of when they've had errors and things signing up but they pointed out in return that all those issues were with brand new MMOs, not ones that have been around for years, and they've never had this issue with a recruit a friend).

I could raise the tickets for them I guess, but I'm not that desperate for a pet cube. I'd quite like my friends to come and play, but if they aren't going to put up with this minor a bug, they aren't going to put up with the regular breaking of existing stuff and rebreaking of supposedly fixed stuff either. I already had three friends quit DDO in the past because of those issues, no point making these run through the same process when I can already see how the wind is blowing. I'm guess I'm just a lot more sanguine about raising bugs and things than my friends are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Finally my last friend got registered. Apparently Turbine don't like GMX.com email addresses, cos as soon as he created an aol one he was able to sign up.

Now what's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Click here to find out more about the program!
    how are u guys even referrring friends i cant figure out how to send anything that would refer a friend .. i click the link at the top to get the referral thing going and it doesnt work .. confused

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Calliisto View Post
    how are u guys even referrring friends i cant figure out how to send anything that would refer a friend .. i click the link at the top to get the referral thing going and it doesnt work .. confused
    Do you mean the link you quoted doesn't work at all? As in no new page loads?

It works fine for me I get a page with space to enter up to 5 email addresses and then click the "refer your friends!" button.

wish there was a quicker link to this instead of having to look this tread up everytime if there is where is it ?

Community Member

noooo

I found this thread AFTER signing up a total of three accounts in my immediate family.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Quote Originally Posted by calliisto76 View Post
    wish there was a quicker link to this instead of having to look this tread up everytime if there is where is it ?
    my.ddo.com/rewards for the program itself. Not sure what other link you might be looking for. Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

my.ddo.com/rewards for the program itself. Not sure what other link you might be looking for. Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.
    Let's say I show up as a new customer (purely hypothetically).

When do I find out that there's a rewards program? So far as I can tell, the answer is "when I browse the forums long enough that "signup rewards program FAQ" happens to be the topmost thread in a forum I hadn't actually been looking at because I didn't realize it had longer-term posts rather than short-term things like contests that are probably long-expired.

The signup page doesn't mention the rewards program. Account management doesn't. Heck, the page from the "Ready to jump into the action? Play free now!" button still has the Pando Media Accelerator downloader, complete with separate high-res and low-res versions.

If there had been anything in any of the things I saw in the process of creating an account, asking around on the forums about VIP status and the xpack, etcetera, etcetera, that even mentioned the existance of such a program, I would likely have used it. The only program I see referred to anywhere in there is the beta access rewards program.

So, basically: Imagine that I don't happen to start on ddo.com/rewards. And that I haven't happened to read this thread. And no one's specifically told me "BTW, DDO has a referral program".

How am I going to encounter it? What series of steps that an ordinary user might take would lead that user to ever see the phrase "signup rewards program" or end up on a page that links to it?

(Yes, I'm a little fussy; if I had had any inkling that such a program existed, I would have two referred accounts already, but since there was nothing to tell me that...)
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Ok im a noob i cant find my referral profile but i already got 3 friends and got a gelantinous cube and it went on a char i didnt want it on maybe u should have an accept button so the char u want it on can recieve it ..

i dont understand how to do this .. u need to start from square 1 cause im not seeing it. I find the page with the big cube and form that says fill out emails and a status bar showing how many friends i got referred and its at 3 so the bar is at complete .. i see no names and i see no points ..

so where is the page referral program page at that shows all this?
    and how do i get it to link to my home page cause i dont know how this works . If u skip steps i wont understand cause i dont program ur game so i dont know how to do it.

just fyi when im logged in the game where i try to look this up. It doesnt give me an option to type in ddo.com/referral i got to click on search then gives me a box and i type referral and i go to this post then go to this link attached.

I got a Home page when i click "my ddo" from In game ,is there supposed to be some way to link to the referral page off that? .. i dont have a clue where it is but most of the time when i click ur link to show my referrals it throws me out to net assistant and says Is this what ur lookin for ? and i click my back button ..
    its pretty broken or something. Also it doesnt show me any names of the people that are my referrals or where would i see my bonus points for the referrals .. no clue on that cause i cant figure it out.
    Maybe u should write up a how to get to referrals.com for dummies cause its not showing me anything
    I mean i got my yellow gelantinous cube already but im just letting u know from someone thats having a difficult time with ur site.
    U need some sort of link from peoples home pages and fix the referral page to show the friends that u referred and show these points im supposed to be getting . Just tryin to give a solution to this problem.
    Last edited by calliisto76; 10-15-2012 at 08:30 PM.

what else is there to know? You referred 3 friends, your bar shows complete, you got your cube. That's the whole thing, done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

doesnt show which friends accepted .. how do i know if im getting 10% bonus ? where do i find these points at ? How do i turn these referral points into points i can use in the ddo store ? I dont see where to do any of that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast