Default crafting for the dog post-update

Been playing my Art again a bit and finally getting my crafting levels to the point where I can make halfway decent stuff. I haven't crafted anything for my dog yet and from what I hear, there are some changes to pet items, namely modules are now collars.

Does crafting still require converting handwraps and trap parts?

Can found collars be deconstructed? What about existing modules?

Any recommendations on good docent/collar mods to craft for a dog at the mid-levels?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    Been playing my Art again a bit and finally getting my crafting levels to the point where I can make halfway decent stuff. I haven't crafted anything for my dog yet and from what I hear, there are some changes to pet items, namely modules are now collars.

Does crafting still require converting handwraps and trap parts?

Can found collars be deconstructed? What about existing modules?

Any recommendations on good docent/collar mods to craft for a dog at the mid-levels?
    You can convert handwraps to modules by using trap parts but no trap parts are currently being given out by trap boxes.

Mid levels I tend to use the Gorgon Docent from eyes of stone in the lordsmarch plaza +4 Con and a on hit proc stoneskin effect.

Modules I tend to go with bonuses to sneak attack and max the dog's bluff scores. I have not tried to deconstruct anything yet. I would also like to know if they are craftable. I would hope so.
    [/post]

Community Member

To add to what has already been said:

- yes found collars can be deconstructed, however...
    - once deconstructed they can not be crafted on (you can not add shards to them), the crafting device does not recognise collars as an item type that can be crafted on

Quote Originally Posted by Skeald View Post
    - once deconstructed they can not be crafted on (you can not add shards to them), the crafting device does not recognise collars as an item type that can be crafted on
    Interesting. So I guess the only option currently is to convert handwraps with trap parts you currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathermune View Post
    You can convert handwraps to modules by using trap parts but no trap parts are currently being given out by trap boxes.
    You can also utilize greater essences to convert handwraps to collars. Cost me 3 each earth, fire, air, water greater essences to convert Vampiric Stonedust handwraps to a collar the day patch 1 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by dterror View Post
    You can also utilize greater essences to convert handwraps to collars. Cost me 3 each earth, fire, air, water greater essences to convert Vampiric Stonedust handwraps to a collar the day patch 1 came out.
    Also--for those who didn't know--you can now convert named handwraps to collars like dterror did...

And don't convert random handwraps with guild slots. Can't equip them.

Community Member

Can you craft handwraps and then convert those?

Community Member

Default collars

well i am baffdaled why no trap parts any more and also i made a collar for my iron defender and now it says wrong race and cannot equip it it was equipped be for i tried to up grade it so i guess you cant do that or are theyu just ment for the druid pups lost

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Todkaninchen View Post
    And don't convert random handwraps with guild slots. Can't equip them.
    This was fixed in Update 14

Quote Originally Posted by Smitey View Post
    This was fixed in Update 14
    Thanks. I'll have to try it again then.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzy View Post
    Can you craft handwraps and then convert those?
    Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by MTzigg View Post
    well i am baffdaled why no trap parts any more and also i made a collar for my iron defender and now it says wrong race and cannot equip it it was equipped be for i tried to up grade it so i guess you cant do that or are theyu just ment for the druid pups lost
    Trap parts should drop next update. You can't modify the item once it is a collar; only when it is a crafted handwrap.

Yes you can.

Trap parts should drop next update. You can't modify the item once it is a collar; only when it is a crafted handwrap.
    Here's hoping that Turbine fixes this with the next update as well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dterror View Post
    Here's hoping that Turbine fixes this with the next update as well.
    I don't know if it's WAI that collars cannot be used with the crafting hall machines.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Craf...panion_modules
    It's a one-way process so it may be 'by design' right now - hopefully devs can improve the crafting hall further as they have done with named handwraps now being convertable.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Gorgon_Docent

Is a decent item given the stoneskin procs fairly often.

Bodyfeeder weapon + lifeshield docent helps their self-sustainability mid-levels (but less useful in later levels)

For collar it really depends on what style dog you went for - for tripping a vertigo item would be useful for example.

Deception for a bluffing sneak attack pet might be marginably worthwhile but sneak attack damage would be better overall for that style of enhancements.

Any Risia-ritual applied to randomly generated wraps retain the ice damage by the way.

Paralyzing is always handy should you find handwraps with these on.

One thing I've noticed is that with an Epic dog using Qualforged docent with Adamantine plating it does not seem to be getting the Adamantine body-worth of AC.

No docent (with Ada DR shown)

Level22 docent only applying composite plating worth of AC:

Just bug reported this but it could also be WAI that adamantine plating enhancement isn't equivalent to adamantine body feat, but of course dogs don't have feats nor can you set it at the outset - it may be using your own choice of plating (none chosen for my WF arti) but somebody else will have to confirm that hypothesis.

For collar it really depends on what style dog you went for - for tripping a vertigo item would be useful for example.
    I pulled a +1 shocking burst collar of vertigo +4 last night. Figure that should do well to get me through the mid-levels (currently level 10).

Just bug reported this but it could also be WAI that adamantine plating enhancement isn't equivalent to adamantine body feat, but of course dogs don't have feats nor can you set it at the outset - it may be using your own choice of plating (none chosen for my WF arti) but somebody else will have to confirm that hypothesis.
    I also noticed the dog doesn't get any fortification from adamantine plating. Was wondering if crafting a docent with fortification would be worthwhile.

Community Member

I also noticed the dog doesn't get any fortification from adamantine plating. Was wondering if crafting a docent with fortification would be worthwhile.
    The pet character sheet shows 0% fortification but when I added that above docent containing light fortification the figure changed to 100% so I assume it's 75% fort natively but what level this applies and if it is linked to adamantine enhancement I cannot say.

actually trap parts are dropping, you need to be in a near-at-level quest to pull them.

no more pain free farming VoN 5 normal on your level 20. I even tried farming trap parts on Epic Von5 ...

it apparently takes the quest level on normal and compares it against your character level to determine if the parts will drop. My level 9 rogue can pull them from the trap in the first hallway of Tear of Dhaakan, but the number of parts that drop is painfully small.

It's much easier to use essences, at least from the limited number of tests I did.

Any Risia-ritual applied to randomly generated wraps retain the ice damage by the way.
    Can you apply Risia ritual to randomly generated wraps that you've already converted to a module?
    Ghallanda
    Thairos - ETRing Artificer * Khryll - 28 Clonk * Jarkxle - 28 Swashbuckler * Jaherian - 25 Druid