Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

you didn't mention nerve toxin, /fail
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by crazydamage View Post
    Caster FVS with shiradi destiny

If shiradi procs off archon that would be very OP.
    Probably why they nerfed archon to 1/2 sp in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    No, but it should.

The various shiradi chance-on-cast abilities also work off the archon, but they shouldn't, and I wouldn't expect them to stay working that way.

Shiradi doesn't give any FvS caster levels, which is a pretty major drawback. Good if your build dumped wis and you aren't using any DC spells beyond blade barrier.
    This, I think the lack of caster levels is a pretty huge draw back. I think for most classes you want to stay with a destiny in your 'circle' because of this and pre specified stat choices.

Also how many of you calling this destiny OP have tried it out? In game the procs definately don't feel that OP (tested on my level 25 lama druid) given its only a 7% chance.

One last thing wouldn't this destiny be much nicer on an artificer (apart from wisdom being kinda useless)?
    Last edited by Xezrak; 07-18-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xezrak View Post
    This, I think the lack of caster levels is a pretty huge draw back. I think for most classes you want to stay with a destiny in your 'circle' because of this and pre specified stat choices.

Also how many of you calling this destiny OP have tried it out? In game the procs definately don't feel that OP (tested on my level 25 lama druid) given its only a 7% chance.

One last thing wouldn't this destiny be much nicer on an artificer (apart from wisdom being kinda useless)?
    It's actually multiple 7% chances, nearly 100% chance for at least 1 of your effects to go off every time if not more (see original post).

It's actually multiple 7% chances, nearly 100% chance for at least 1 of your effects to go off every time if not more (see original post).
    Tested it again, you are right it is quite strong although I don't think fvs spells will really make it op although I can imagine chain missles on an archmage really benefiting from this.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xezrak View Post
    Can take dex instead for some extra AB which isn't horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Can take dex instead for some extra AB which isn't horrible.
    just twist pin and otto's and use shadow dancer
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Eh, according to my math its roughly 50%, actually, and only if Prism is a separate 7% chance for each of the effects (and not simply 7% chance for a random one of the 3) and if you take the "redundant boxes" too, otherwise it will be lower.
    Con is not a dump stat, but reading comprehension is not a dump skill!

I dont have alts, just mules. Find me as Darivian on Thelanis.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

It won't work as well with wizard archmage since their SLA's are considered 1 spell and hence you can't get a proc on every missle like the past life. It does work good for meteor swarm, prism spray/ray since they are aoe with multiple ticks. As for the op I use shiradi 100%, unless I want to look super fat in stalwart stance
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Unmetamagiced Chain missle now the highest sustainable single target dps in the game?

My money's on this guy ^

seems spell power or something is effecting those procs, no way 10D10 should be averaging 300 damage.
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

For anyone looking at the right side stat bumps, don't forget that those cost 2 AP each. You can get even more fun stuff in the middle and left if you just ignore those.

I'm not necessarily saying that it's an optimal choice, but just that it's worth looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by good_ole_corwin View Post
    Eh, according to my math its roughly 50%, actually, and only if Prism is a separate 7% chance for each of the effects (and not simply 7% chance for a random one of the 3) and if you take the "redundant boxes" too, otherwise it will be lower.
    There are separate 7% chances for Prism, Rainbow, and Double Rainbow. All three can potentially fire off simultaneously, in addition to Favorable Winds and Fey Power.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 07-19-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Founder

So .93 * .93 * .93 or 80% chance to not have an effect go off on a spell.
    For magic missile you have a 80% ^ 5 chance of not having an effect go off.
    So each magic missile spell would have a 33% of not getting bonus damage.

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    So .93 * .93 * .93 or 80% chance to not have an effect go off on a spell.
    For magic missile you have a 80% ^ 5 chance of not having an effect go off.
    So each magic missile spell would have a 33% of not getting bonus damage.
    Now calculate for chain missles.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisha View Post
    Unmetamagiced Chain missle now the highest sustainable single target dps in the game?

My money's on this guy ^

seems spell power or something is effecting those procs, no way 10D10 should be averaging 300 damage.
    Evocation Archmage FTW.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    It won't work as well with wizard archmage since their SLA's are considered 1 spell and hence you can't get a proc on every missle like the past life. It does work good for meteor swarm, prism spray/ray since they are aoe with multiple ticks. As for the op I use shiradi 100%, unless I want to look super fat in stalwart stance
    Actually it does proc with each missle. Chain Missles for the win.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Founder

Is chain missiles 10 missiles?
    Then I believe it would be a 10% of not having a single proc....
    I'm not sure what the avg procs would be...
    Would it just be .07 *3 *10 or 2.1 procs per cast?

Looking forward to someday getting my wizard into this destiny. Its about as close to a wild mage as we can get atm.

Oh and this destiny is not OP on an evoker fvs, the archon shoots slowly, spells tend to cost too much to spam, just for random effects (its good for a laugh, not much more). Love it on my repeater character tho (very glad they fixed the summon bolt bug, wasnt fun summoning a landmine under yourself, tho the other party members found it amusing).
    Last edited by Rizzia; 07-19-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palantyr View Post
    Welcome to the real caster destiny. The best part, these procs don't have DC or spell pen checks. And like someone said above, FvS is not the ultimate class for this, it's an evocation specced archmage (wf or self heal capable) wizard with mm/cm sla's. That wizard is such a force of destruction there is almost nothing in this game able to stand in it's way, and bonus time you barely use sp either.
    This.

Although, there may be hope for druid yet, to own this destiny. If they can get buffed with some Fire Seeds and Holly Berry Bomb SLAs.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    This.

Although, there may be hope for druid yet, to own this destiny. If they can get buffed with some Fire Seeds and Holly Berry Bomb SLAs.
    /signed

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast