Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reborn In Light

Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Default Valid Points

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    Exhalted Angel Epic moment reborn in the light , Problem is you cant use untill you stack 100 but if you shrine or change instance (while inside or outside of quest ) your stack is gone & you start over again , Im in quest notice its at 75 I go thru portal & Ding back to 0 , was it there intention for us NOT to be able to use this so called "EpicMoment" , Um yeh im not going to shrine to get my HP & SP back cause Im close to 100 & it will reset back to 0 if I do. I think once you reach 100 & its ready it should stay ready to use even after I shrine or change instace ..otherwise I think its a waste .
    I think you have some very valid points and I think this should be looked into. There are several other ED Epic moments that need to have a retooling too. As a Monk, I am happy with the way my Epic Moment works and maybe it should be the gold-standard. Easy to charge, stays charged while zoning (except leaving a quest which is the same as shrining and shrining), reasonable timer on reuse. As a melee I can avoid shrining with less issues than someone with a blue bar, but I am not sure how to avoid that issue other than lower the threshold for the Epic moment + reasonable timer.

so /sign
    Martens - The Enlightened One, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (28 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (28 Cleric) Sarlona
    Videos: Crafting, Raiding, Testing, Questing here ** My IRL Epic **

First THe Wand of Eternal Cure Minor Wounds (Fro mthe Catacombs) works towards building your stack)

Second, 100, or even 50 points of Endless Ardor or Righteoud Fervor, is way to high, especially, if you are not a Cleric. If you are a Melee FvS or Paladin, forget it, you will never get to 100, without ****ing off your party trying to get there,

Finally, I looked at it last night on Live, and it still says stack of 100 required, so is it a typo? Or did it not get reduced in U16?

And please change the cool down to once per quest/30 minutes.

Hero

Exhalted Angel Epic moment reborn in the light , Problem is you cant use untill you stack 100 but if you shrine or change instance (while inside or outside of quest ) your stack is gone & you start over again , Im in quest notice its at 75 I go thru portal & Ding back to 0 , was it there intention for us NOT to be able to use this so called "EpicMoment" , Um yeh im not going to shrine to get my HP & SP back cause Im close to 100 & it will reset back to 0 if I do. I think once you reach 100 & its ready it should stay ready to use even after I shrine or change instace ..otherwise I think its a waste .
    For what it's worth, any epic moment with a 30 min cooldown that requires you to die is terrible by definition. Fortunately Exalted Angel has an amazing tier6 ability: Divine Wrath.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

U16 will reduce it to 50 ,...but still not worth it
    Try using your Eternal Wands of Heal Light Wounds from the Catacombs! Takes a minute, but bam! you are fully charged up, and it is ready for when you need it.

Ever since this ability first came out, people have rightly complained about the stack size and being required to die to use it. Unlike Divine Wrath, which is immensely useful, Reborn in Light is yet another example of Turbine's terrible implementation of an interesting, high-potential concept.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LafoMamone View Post
    Ever since this ability first came out, people have rightly complained about the stack size and being required to die to use it. Unlike Divine Wrath, which is immensely useful, Reborn in Light is yet another example of Turbine's terrible implementation of an interesting, high-potential concept.
    This not-so-great epic ability could be fixed VERY easily. Turbine could drop it down a tier, and make it twist-able !

If you could self-rez as a twist, that you can use after TRing, EVERYONE would love it. 25 charges, 50 charges... doesn't matter. Just ping a couple dozen shots off of an Eternal Wand (of cure minor wounds, spark of Light, or nimbus of light should work) to charge it up, and you can self rez.

Double bonus points: Forget to charge your ability ?... then use a Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers (ML:1 clickie) to come back to life for 1 minute as a wraith, and use that minute to bust off wand charges to power your rez. Now your former life as an Angel feels like the real deal.

necro in necro? nice
    Inagaki
    Argo
    CoP

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silkenwise View Post
    This not-so-great epic ability could be fixed VERY easily. Turbine could drop it down a tier, and make it twist-able !

If you could self-rez as a twist, that you can use after TRing, EVERYONE would love it. 25 charges, 50 charges... doesn't matter. Just ping a couple dozen shots off of an Eternal Wand (of cure minor wounds, spark of Light, or nimbus of light should work) to charge it up, and you can self rez.

Double bonus points: Forget to charge your ability ?... then use a Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers (ML:1 clickie) to come back to life for 1 minute as a wraith, and use that minute to bust off wand charges to power your rez. Now your former life as an Angel feels like the real deal.
    Reborn in light is a great ability: 100/100 light and positive power, 2 wis/2 char, 50 corporeality, 100% light immunity. It shouldn't be dropped to tier 4, so everyone can use this unique transformation. But, it could use some upgrade indeed. 1) massive light damage should also be applied on offensive spell cast. 2) add angelic true face (from D&D AoE spell when transformed: monsters have to make will save or stunned) and lastly: when you come back to life with this spell: remove negative level + MRR boost to defend yourself against magic. Like an angel from D&D..
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 11-11-2014 at 02:40 AM.

Is this what they meant by epic necro?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySheepdip View Post
    necro in necro?
    The thread was Reborn in Light.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Bravo sir/madam, you win the forums for today.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Yeah, if we want to talk about reborn in light, this is the right thread instead of starting a new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12