Default Enter Fyl's Raidathon

It has been nearly a year since I last held my daily raid marathons when I was a member of LAG, half of which was spent wandering both aimlessly and guildlessly searching for reasons to continue playing, the other half spent on a seemingly indefinite break from the game. I do not know if there are many of you left who ran with me regularly or even quite remember me, but I've returned to see if and how the developers butchered my beloved D&D setting. For the past two months, I've been working with Raidin to rebuild Storm Lords back into the guild it was when I first was a member...

A recurring theme already prevalent on the forums with the onset of this recent expansion is the complaint that the game has become over-simplified and obscenely easy, and it humors me to see the "farewell DDO" forum posts by numerous players resounding this complaint... Unfortunately, this theme is far from fact; while epic-normal and epic-hard difficulty quests are easily soloable by even moderately geared characters manned by your average player, I have not had anything close to as much fun as I had in the epic-elite versions of these quests in almost two years. Playing a 20 Cleric in Epic-Elite Devil's Assault was the first time I have actually had to focus on healing and put any sort of effort into keeping the party alive in longer than I can remember... Epic-Elite VoN1 is now multiple times more difficult than it was before the very first nerf to Epic Ward, back in the days before Wizards even had the PrE's needed to get DC's anywhere near what was needed...

I do regret that the developers have not made Epic-Elite completions more rewarding beyond that joke we call Favor, but I am excited to finally be challenged again! And what could be more exciting than running completely new content on a difficulty setting that unsettles the vast majority of our "this is too easy" players?

But I stray from the subject of this post; as the dust settles from the onset of an expansion bringing a series of quests and a myriad of changes to the game, the moment to rise has come, and Fyl's Marathon must be reborn! Those who knew me before are welcome to join me as we systematically plow through and tear down each and every raid on Epic Elite (and Elite where Epic Elite is not yet available /sigh of disgust), and those who do not yet know me are free to keep their eyes open for my occasional LFM and send me /tells if they are up for anything beyond breezing through the typical child's-play which is the setting of the day...

I am reforming my personal raiding channel which I had back in my LAG days, send me a /tell for the info as it still stands exclusively as invite-only.

P.S. To those of you who are leaving game who claim "it is no longer challenging" while refusing to run everything Epic Elite, I must say ye seem to be light some weight in yer trousers, come back when the testosterone kicks in...

The rest of ye zerg harder and come watch me role-play a raid leader again.
    Last edited by barakhiel; 07-16-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Fylakas ??* Fylakia ??* Fyl ??* Drfyl
    ??* Thelanis ??* Storm Lords ??*
    ??* Go Elf or go home ??*
    (Error): You can't dismiss members of your party while they're in a dungeon.

Welcome back Fyl
    See you in game
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Ill be looking for your elites on lfm.

Talking Mama mia... Pizza pie

Fyl,

Awesome to have you back in game, had fun capping with you last life on Doctorvon.

EE is a joke. Ill only go if i can red alert every dungeon

Lets make it a real challenge and get some 6 ultra gimps in group to make it a fair fight. ( oh wait I'm one of those gimps too aren't I....

Catch me in game

Hulk,
    Hulk Smash!

Ye'd best know by now all my runs are "gimps only." Luckily I had ye there to help me out when I TR'd my gimp bard into an even gimpier bard. What we need are more noobs; those are the guys that make questing fun.

BTW, DA: Red works best during bossfights and if ye can live long enough to drag it back to the healers... Nothin' like that spider optional in ep elite House of Broken Chains ftw. 'Twas a scene from Starship Troopers methinks now.

Quote Originally Posted by barakhiel View Post
    all my runs are "gimps only."
    You're not kidding.

Hey Fyl

welcome back mate. and don't worry, i'm gimped up and ready to go
    "May the flamin' force be with you!"

I will come if you convince them all again that Titan is going Epic. I was laughing so hard I was crying.
    ~~~~ Proud Leader of Renowned ~~~~
    ~baileypaige~bayz~baywee~bailiegh~

Quote Originally Posted by XbaileyX View Post
    I will come if you convince them all again that Titan is going Epic. I was laughing so hard I was crying.
    One day it will! And I'm so p/o'd that one SoB looted that Nullcloth gown... Still no ASF on Heal scrolls yet

You know im there and my guild.

Zydeca lvl 20 tr cleric Zydecoe lvl 20 tr fvs Kattniss lvl 20 arcane archer

always willing to run raids Fyl
    Server: Thelanis Name: Treadwolf Guild: Storm Lords Level: 10/TR Raistlynwolf -18th lvl Wizzy, Testwolf- 17th Rog/Ftr(13/4), Caramonwolf, Capped Ftr, W T H, Capped 12/6/2 Ranger/Fighter/Monk. Taniswolf 17 Monk C2Q6600@3.0 8GB DDR2 250GB/Win7U 64bit, 80GB/VistaU 64bit eVGA GXT260OC eVGA 780i FTW 24" widescreen HD HDCP