Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Bump.

When does this make it in? I read that it was stated for U16. Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    wow you guys must not play other mmos. 1hr is fine. there are others that have the same thing as the key and their cool down times 1hr stop complaining my god. ship buffs last 1hr key lasts 1hr quests for most part 20-30mins.
    Just because other games do something does not mean this game should do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Community Member

Hi,

I agree that a 1/day usage with a shorter casting animation would be much better.

If someone could give a reasonable explanation the point of the one hour cooldown I'd like to hear it. But please no more "That other person did a dumb thing, so I did too" stuff.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Urjak View Post
    lorewise you can't teleport to another plane of existence ... => PLEASE FINALLY INTRODUCE PLANE SHIFT! ... we could then finally "teleport" between Amrath, Stormreach and Eveningstar ... when using teleport / GT in FR an alternative list should pop up: Sschindylryn and Eveningstar (maybe plus Eveningstar Cavern) ... but I guess atm they have more pressing issues to fix than some lore issues^^
    Only if you get a random destination on the new plane

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

The timer on the Key will be 30 minutes as of U16 (was not in the notes yet as I don't believe it made it into the version that is on Lamannia atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    i just find it funny they even put a timer on it XD
    They should have made it like a royal guard mask with one location.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    wow you guys must not play other mmos. 1hr is fine. there are others that have the same thing as the key and their cool down times 1hr stop complaining my god. ship buffs last 1hr key lasts 1hr quests for most part 20-30mins.

Most of the time your going to do the full chain or others might not wait for you. Seriously though its not that bad.
    As if anyone likes how other MMO's do thier transporting, most other MMO's make you run for kilos to join a raid be in Timbuktu... Many MMO's have people stand around for an hour just filling... as people join and leave...

Most people in DDO dislike that and be a part of a reason they are here they wish to get to the quest quickly, One of the things made eMA an' eLoB not as popular be the run/clearing down to the quest entrances every time... Many people who play here are quick this be our MMO.

Let me explain how/why they view this this way... The LFM, in progress or just starting six to twelve people all have different time-frames to play in. DDO has near always accommodated they get their quickly.
    Last edited by Emili; 10-09-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The timer on the Key will be 30 minutes as of U16 (was not in the notes yet as I don't believe it made it into the version that is on Lamannia atm).
    Can you do that the cooldown starts when you actually teleport to eveningstar? The key right now fails a lot, and when fails it activates the cooldown, even if you havent teleported.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Is there any way we can convince you to explain the logic and what it is the development staff is afraid of happening if the cooldown were to just go away? I, for one, just can't figure out the downside of having a zero cooldown key. What am I missing?
    Dec 21, 2011: Regarding signature errors like the one to the left:
    Quote Originally Posted by droipamine View Post
    I imagine we'll be looking at this very soon.

Community Member

Better than 1h for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    Can you do that the cooldown starts when you actually teleport to eveningstar? The key right now fails a lot, and when fails it activates the cooldown, even if you havent teleported.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaBill View Post
    Is there any way we can convince you to explain the logic
    And this please? Can we know the reason/s?

So was telled... the key works like a targeted spell, often times people may still have some object in target orb and that's when it fails. So, use F1 (target myself) then use the key.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

+1 for this, it may not sound like it but I do appreciate the shorter cool down.

-1 for not making it like the pendant of time, oh at least a step in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

So this behavior was also corrected. The UI would show the cooldown as being over, but the server time still knew you had time left on the clock. So you'd try to activate it and it would go "bzzzt, nope!" Now the UI and server are on the same page.

So this behavior was also corrected. The UI would show the cooldown as being over, but the server time still knew you had time left on the clock. So you'd try to activate it and it would go "bzzzt, nope!" Now the UI and server are on the same page.
    Sorry to inform you that while this might have been happening, it is not the main cause, I have seen it way to many times on more than one toon.

I log in for the first time in a day (I play mostly 9pm to 12am cst) buff up on the ship and click my key, and I am still on the ship with a key timer running. Happens all the time I would say it is 60/40 to it getting my to eveningstar.
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Umm...no...
    Quote Originally Posted by rdasca View Post
    Sorry to inform you that while this might have been happening, it is not the main cause, I have seen it way to many times on more than one toon.

I log in for the first time in a day (I play mostly 9pm to 12am cst) buff up on the ship and click my key, and I am still on the ship with a key timer running. Happens all the time I would say it is 60/40 to it getting my to eveningstar.
    This^

I'll add that I will occasionally log in, run around for a while doing errands, join a group, head to my ship, buff up, and then hit the key, and...nothing. Clearly, it isn't being held over from a previous use's timer having not expired yet, since it has probably been well over two hours since the last time I had used the key (use it, run 1 or more quests, get end reward, head to airship, sell and repair, log off, log on a day later, spend 20+ minutes bull****ting around, buff, key).
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Not ideal, but I re-log - that works for me - I tele back to town, repair, sell, relog, then leave town again. No, it's not pretty.

Yes that IS a UI/server desynchronize error. Let me explain.

Right now, the cooldown gets wiped off the UI if you relog. However, the cooldown on the server side only ticks IF you are online and is not reset by relogs.

That means if I use my key, then log for the night, the next day when I log in again, I still have an hour of hidden cooldown. And thus, if I click on the key (that looks ready to go), I don't get teleported and a new 'fake' cooldown starts on the UI.

I don't know if the server side cooldown is supposed be ticking or not while we're offline, but it's currently not. ...of course giving the key 1 charge instead of this would solve all problems, but why make things simple when it can be stupidly complicated instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Yes that IS a UI/server desynchronize error. Let me explain.

Right now, the cooldown gets wiped off the UI if you relog. However, the cooldown on the server side only ticks IF you are online and is not reset by relogs.

That means if I use my key, then log for the night, the next day when I log in again, I still have an hour of hidden cooldown. And thus, if I click on the key (that looks ready to go), I don't get teleported and a new 'fake' cooldown starts on the UI.

I don't know if the server side cooldown is supposed be ticking or not while we're offline, but it's currently not. ...of course giving the key 1 charge instead of this would solve all problems, but why make things simple when it can be stupidly complicated instead?
    And you may be 100% correct, I do not know as we get very little in the way of "how" things work; however, this does not explain times I log into a toon that has not been to eveningstar at all in days, still gets the issue.

For example, I log into a toon, run him through a few guild raid farming runs, helping guildies farm for a torc or SoS seal or both, log off for the night, the next day login and try to use the key to go to FR and zip nothing still on the boat. This has happened more than once so it is obvious to me there is more going on than just a client/server issue with the cooldown timer.

You are 100% correct if they change this to a one time per rest usage, it would fix the issue completely but for whatever reason they decided that a cooldown timer was the way to go, never mind that not one other form of fast travel through public places has any cooldown and all the others are one time per rest usage, it was a silly way to do it when they thought it up and it still is.

I'm glad to hear about the reduction of the cooldown, but why a cooldown to begin with?

You can use it once every 30 minutes, but between those times you have to make the run.

Huh? What's the logic? Why make us run? If there was no cooldown, what problems would it cause?

Why not reduce it to 5 min?

From a gameplay standpoint, keep us in quests please. This equals customer satisfaction which equals revenue.

How's this scenario: A player joins a party of 5 to complete the group for a run of Dont Drink the Water. The other 5 players are at the quest entrance. Player who joins states: Buffing brt. Between the buffs and the runs, I'd say 3-4 minutes.

3-4 minutes doesnt sound like much, but it adds up, and time is the most valuable commodity there is according to many.
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

however, this does not explain times I log into a toon that has not been to eveningstar at all in days, still gets the issue.
    Well, of course there's also the spell/ability misfire that occur way more often than it should. At least the key doesn't have the "You are not facing X" error...

Where is the balance issue in the key having a 2 minute cooldown?
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast