Default In game GM ticket turn rate. Care package?

Let's tell a story. A 5 year founder to DDO is wanting to return to the game but finds out his account was compromised and every character of 13 deleted. I submit a ticket online which yes they can easily research withOUT telling me I just need to log into game and fill out a ticket to a in game GM. In order to do that you must be a VIP. (Money sink here) with no guarantee of help (bad business). I become VIP and pay for a 3 month block (most cost effective if I want to still be here for the new update) being proactive thinking positive about them retrieving my deleted toons. At the time of my first ticket was June 4th.

Gm +Elhouein+

Your ticket is currently being escalated for investigation. Please note that all tickets are answered on a first-come, first-served basis. As long as your ticket remains open, it is still under investigation. Once your ticket is closed, all investigation will have been completed, and any reimbursement will have been sent to each affected character that has submitted an in-game ticket via in-game mail. Thank you for your patience while we look into this issue.

ticket was closed.

Ticket June 6th.

Gm +Oveik+

Your ticket is currently being escalated for investigation. Please note that all tickets are answered on a first-come, first-served basis. As long as your ticket remains open, it is still under investigation. Once your ticket is closed, all investigation will have been completed, and any reimbursement will have been sent to each affected character that has submitted an in-game ticket via in-game mail. Thank you for your patience while we look into this issue.

ticket closed.

Ticket June 7th.

Gm +Zirgryzgor+

Greetings, this is a Game Master for Dungeons and Dragons Online. We deeply apologize for the amount of time it has taken to resolve your compromised account issue. While we do not consider your issue resolved, we are closing this ticket. We will be providing your character with a compensation package, which will be sent via in-game mail in the future. Please check this character's mailbox for our reimbursement. If there is anything else we can help you with, please submit a new ticket, and have a good day.

ticket closed.

Ticket June 14th.

Gm +Cakefan+

The issue you have reported requires additional research and is being escalated for further review. We will contact you if we need additional information to investigate the problem, or if new details can be provided about this issue. At times, research can take several days as the In-Game Support team often works with other departments to find the appropriate resolution to your issue. Please be patient while we work to resolve this issue for you.

This ticket is STILL open today 1 month later on my final ticket? Is this how you take care of paying customers and yet further founders that made this game what it is and definately what is is NOT (which is good) today?

How long does a "care package" take to get? Does your in game support have any idea how to go back and retrieve characters? You offer a "service" for FUNDS for character retrieval? How long does that take for a customer to get that service performed?

Fatty -Khyber's former most faithful Cleric who is enjoying my vacation in Egypt in TSW.

Community Member

The problem is you are in a first come first serve queue, obviously. Maybe it would help if they told you the line was about 3 months long? I'm sure they've got their best people on it right now.

Community Member

COME BACK TO ME FATTY!

Failing that, come play SWTOR or GW2. noob.
    Main is Rastelin in-game

As a comparison, my WoW account was compromised about 18 months ago (took my authenticator off the account when switching phones and forgot to reapply it seeing I wasn't playing at the time)

When I went to play again a couple of months after all but one character was deleted. I submitted a ticket and within about 2 hours (I **** you not) they had restored all my characters for FREE. My ticket was then closed and I was emailed a survey on their service etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    As a comparison, my WoW account was compromised about 18 months ago (took my authenticator off the account when switching phones and forgot to reapply it seeing I wasn't playing at the time)

When I went to play again a couple of months after all but one character was deleted. I submitted a ticket and within about 2 hours (I **** you not) they had restored all my characters for FREE. My ticket was then closed and I was emailed a survey on their service etc.
    I rage-deleted all of my Rift characters at one point due to a ton of ingame drama.

I put in a ticket explaining this and got them all back for FREE.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

I assume this thread will be deleted since it seems to be sop for any thread of the type. I will add my two cents however...

In game support for DDO has gone down hill in the 6 years I have played this game and is now arguably the worst in game support of any AA or AAA MMO on the market. I hardly use it because it's generally a waste of time and effort. There are a number of issues as I see it...

1) Game Knowledge - a number of GM seems to have no clue how the game is played, they don't understand the game mechanics, they often fail to even understand the question or problem being posed. As someone with a support background this is difficult to fathom.

2) Second Level Support - There doesn't seem to be a tier above the basic support GM and when you request a Senior GM it is taken as an insult and often end with you being threatened or punished.

3) Response Time - Your service levels are abhorrent. Waiting hours and days for a response is unacceptable.

4) Customer Service - Soft skills are lacking. That's the nicest way to say it. The way GM treat paying customers would have gotten me fired when I was in a support role. Empathy and a feeling that they truly wish to help is distinctly lacking. Issues are closed without contact. Issues are closed without resolution. You feel like a number in a queue. Most of the time all you receive is a copy and paste response.

5) Consistency - There is none. Take a look at the recent Web of Chaos issues. In some cases GM's finished the broken quest and in some they told people they were SOL. This cannot be the way a support organization operates if they wish to please customers.

6) Transparency - It's always been a black hole as to what Turbine GM's are empowered to do and what they are not empowered to do. This ties directly to point five. Respawn a boss, finish an instance, spawn a chest, open a chest, return an item... enter nine tickets for the same issue you will get different results each time. Transparency comes into play because GMs me getting blamed when in reality policy or a lack of tools, etc is actually at fault.

In summary, I have had great interactions with in game GM's and I have had terrible interactions. As someone with a support background I understand that not everyone will be at the same skill level but I also know that you should exhaust every avenue you have available to make the customer happy.
    Last edited by Eladiun; 07-15-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

First of all Welcome back Fatty

Secondly, sadly Eladiun is right, it all depends on who you get and unfortunately most of the ingame GM's these days are not very customer service oriented Or they just don't have the right tools/attitudes/... to be able to do what needs to be done. My suggestion would be to call Turbine's 800 customer service number and speak to someone about your situation, you can usually get better results that way.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default wb

Welcome back!! While I personally think DDO is the best MMO out there, Turbine seems to have some lack of caring when it comes to getting people to play their game. Its clearly not a lack of money. WB seems to be pouring money into the development team and into expanding DDO. I think when they get that part (the people caring part) the game will be huge. There is a clear detachment when it comes to taking care of the players themselves. Lets face it, people get frustrated and quit. They will only put up with so much! You should call someone at Turbine and and if they don't take care of you a letter to the CEO of WB might get you somewhere. There are a ton of great things going on in this game, but they have got to connect to the players when it comes to the "customer service" segment. Don't get me wrong, its not all bad, but the bad stories seem to be a lot!!! I've played a lot of MMO's and I've never seen GM's that were so limited nor "customer service" that was so unhelpful.
    Last edited by Battlehawke; 07-15-2012 at 02:08 AM.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters