Community Member

Default Old Time D & D One N Done on Ghallanda

Would like to start a static group to run quests one to two nights per week on Ghallanda from about 8pm to 11pm EST.

Would also consider something for Saturday or Sunday at other times.

Heck, may even make more than one group

Would like to make this a tactical run type group and progress through and enjoy the content.

This would be a no spoiler - non zerg - group with the goal of running the quests one time - correctly - and moving on to the next one.

Group would try to emulate the tabletop feel and rely solely on the group for its health/wealth to include:
    No spoilers - particularly on quests that are not familiar to others
    No use of shrines ever (including resurrection) other than the Eldarin turn ins and in Wilderness area prior to quest
    Resurrection by ability/spell only
    No use of the Brokers/AH
    Limited buying of magic basically for inscription purposes only (no potions or wands bought)
    Use collectibles for magic items
    Attempt all quests on either hard or elite - but just one shot
    No twinking - work within the group only
    Not participate in the "frills" ---- just good ole running quests for xp and favor

Death if it happens - without a resurrection ability would be handled the way many tabletop dungeons handled it - grab the corpse (soul stone) - retreat to the town - move on. Hopefully this won't happen. In mid game play a cleric and an enhancement resurrection ability should do fine.

New players are welcome - even free to play - just be willing to shell out for the occasional adventure pack if passes are not available.

Right now two are definitely interested and possibly a third, but if there is a good response would love to make this happen sooner rather than later.

Other considerations - voice is really preferred
    Please be over 18 and mature
    Please be willing to invest two nights a week to this venture.

I've started a small guild - just a few members - you wouldn't be required to join this guild but might be nice to hang out in a guild ship.

I'm also strongly considering making the guild primarily for "Static Group Play"

Post if you want to join post and I'll reply either in forum or via PM.
    Same holds true for interest in a primarily "Static Group Guild"

I've played DDO a long while - but did take a long recess - and enjoy a deliberate pace by inclination and for other factors.

Thanks,
    JJD
    Last edited by PDPLAYER; 07-14-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Community Member

Hi,

Your post sounds interesting and I might consider it. However, I'm a little busy right now (haven't log on DDO for a while now) and likely will only be able to start playing actively mid-August.

Time zone is also another consideration, as I will be in the European time (GMT + 1 or 2), so I guess I might only be able to play on weekends.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for now.

Community Member

Default Reply

I've been working on a guild charter solely for static groups and those who wish to form or join a static group. If you find this playstyle interesting perhaps you would want to look at the information for this guild and host your own group using these house rules. This way if successful you could team up on occasion to run a raid etc.

Let me know if you want further information.

JJD

Community Member

Default Three Slots Left

A group of three players on Ghallanda started their journey through the content.

These are the rules we are using if you would like to join us:
    No shrines
    Share collectibles and chests
    No purchases other than common items, and scrolls/potions for wizards and artificiers to level
    Flawless victory required
    Run quests once on Hard/Elite as decided by group (bugs in traps are for now effecting this)
    Strategic play

We would love to have someone join us particularly an arcane and a "scout", initimitank would be welcome.
    We are on Ghallanda and will run on Sundays and Wednesdays 8 to 11 EST.
    We are in a small guild - level 11 and will use minor benefits as they are achieved and agreed upon

Reply/PM for information if you wish to join with us. You would need to run Korthos to catch up and we'll hold on levels till you catch up.

JJD

I am interested in joining a static group on Ghallanda.
    I have 2 level 4 characters on my secondary account, a sorc and an artificer.
    Would like to join you guys when you reach that level if you have an opening.

Community Member

(Applauds)
    Excellent! Good luck!

Community Member

Default Re

Quote Originally Posted by extraocular View Post
    I am interested in joining a static group on Ghallanda.
    I have 2 level 4 characters on my secondary account, a sorc and an artificer.
    Would like to join you guys when you reach that level if you have an opening.
    Our ad hoc group is at level 7 - but some are blue-lining. We play on weeknights no set time and still have slots for regulars. We've still done elite one and done without shrines - but its been touch and go a few times.

We also have a few saturday groups from about 11 to 4 on Saturdays.

One group is through Korthos
    Another has to do Miserys and another quest
    The last has finished Korthos and started in the harbor.

We decided to let each group decide on shrines.

We'll keep doing the elite without ship buffs and no magic purchases/ah etc.... but based on other experience we may have to go to hard once the death magic starts flying (lvl 5 elites) if there is no death block around.

You're welcome to join if you like.

S O S Survivors of Stormreach is the name of our guild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    (Applauds)
    Excellent! Good luck!
    Come Join Us. It's been a lot of fun.

The group this saturday was a bard a sorc and a pally. We had to do a lot of slow pulling etc to run the quests on elite particularly without a rogue or a dedicated healer. Lot of cc by the sorc and patient patient patient pulling.

Was a blast

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PDPLAYER View Post
    Come Join Us. It's been a lot of fun.

The group this saturday was a bard a sorc and a pally. We had to do a lot of slow pulling etc to run the quests on elite particularly without a rogue or a dedicated healer. Lot of cc by the sorc and patient patient patient pulling.

Was a blast
    We already have a Guild on Thelanis that's been going since April. I've subscribed to your thread. Am interested in what you're doing.
    I started a thread back then to cronicle our adventures. You can't miss it.