Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Guilds.

What are some good starter guilds? or where do i go to find them? '

I dont see like a guild registry in game.

oh. and im lv 8 now!

Welcome the game just gets better with time!

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KidKross View Post

oh. and im lv 8 now!
    Can probably pick up a guild easily enough by posting in the harbour or marketplace but you're better of posting in the recruitment section of the forums or waiting for someone to be interested in you in game. Probably goes that the longer you hold off being guilded the better the guild that you'll end up in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Welcome!!
    I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

oh. and im lv 8 now!
    Look in the guild section of the Khyber boards, there are a lot of guilds recruiting and based on your playstyle, you can generally find one that suits your needs. Or, if you are getting into a few pug groups, keep an eye on the guild names you are running with. When you find someone (or a group of someones) that matches your particular playstyle, don't be afraid to ask them about guild recruitment or if there is an officer around that you can speak to about getting into their guild. Best of luck, you'll need it here on Khyber

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Welcome to the game! I currently have a lvl 11 wizzie going up, so if you PM me your char name, I'd be glad to teach you about the game.

Oh, and now that your lvl 8+, people will try to give you stones of experiance. These stones lvl up your character to 16, and are only allowed to be used on one character per account. Since this is your first time raising a character, I suggest you do not use the stone. Play through all the content, get to know your character, resist the easy button.
    Levistis, Orcys, and Thirzax of the Dragon Blood Cult of Maguuma, GW2.

Default Welcome...

...to both the game and the forum. You get more then 28 build points by TRing(True Reincarnating) once you've hit 20th level(32 points for 1st TR, 34 points 2nd, finally 36 points 3rd and beyond).

As a VIP you have 10 character slots on each of the servers. The more you play, the more TP(Turbine Points) you get. You get 500 TP a month for being VIP, but you also get TP by finishing quests. The higher the difficulty, the more renown you get. For every 100 renown points you earn, you get 25 TP. You can check this by hitting [P] and clicking on the patron tab.

By 8th level you've already unlocked the Drow class. By completing House K quests you get extra bank spaces. For coin lords you get inventory spaces. By purchasing the Xpack you've already received veteran status II, which lets you start aditional characters at 8th level once you have a character that has already obtained it.

For alot of new players, the game slows down at 12th level. If you are in a guild or if you have online friends you can power through it. If not, just stay with it. Once you are able to cap a character(get them to 20th level), it really is easier each time you do it there after.

Alot of rogues have trouble with undead(not all). Most of the great equipment is either a grind or three completions away. Once you get settled in, and since you have 10 character slots, having a dedicated crafter/haggler is useful but not required. And lastly, if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

You will eventually have a bad experience in the game, let it go. If it was an abusive player, report them and add them to your squelch list. If you ever make a character on Thelanis look me up by my guild name, it's either me or the wife, but we do okay.
    Every time mankind makes something new, improved and idiot-proof... nature comes out with a new idiot.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to ddo,
    My advice would be don't be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome to the game! If you ever make it over to Ghallanda, send me a tell.

Thaco

Quote Originally Posted by Wook View Post
    Welcome to ddo,
    My advice would be don't be afraid to ask questions.
    Ditto

I'm new to the game. Just started today in fact. Learned about the forums and was told to introduce myself to get to know the community.

Hello

I bought menace of the underdark, and VIP because i just absolutely fell in love with this game after only an hour of playing. I saw this ad on facebook and though, "oh what the hell... its free, why not?"

i LOVE it!!!
    welcome hope you have fun what server are you on may be able to help in your questing

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfo View Post
    Welcome to the game! I currently have a lvl 11 wizzie going up, so if you PM me your char name, I'd be glad to teach you about the game.

Oh, and now that your lvl 8+, people will try to give you stones of experiance. These stones lvl up your character to 16, and are only allowed to be used on one character per account. Since this is your first time raising a character, I suggest you do not use the stone. Play through all the content, get to know your character, resist the easy button.
    I have 15 toon on Khyber main toon is Vorcore I will help too

oh. and im lv 8 now!
    some guild only was members and some will run with you to help.
    those that help are good

Default Hi There....

... I believe I even partied with you over the weekend....Necro1/Bloody Crypt Probably

I recognized the name from a toon in game at any rate from the past weekends adventuring...

Enjoy...

Community Member

Default Welcome - here is my advice

Hey KK welcome and here is my advice:

1. Wait to join a guild until you really kinda of gel with a couple of people there. There is no hurry and your friends list will do just fine until you find the right guild. Guilds are plenty, pick one whose politics fit your style.

2. Build that friends list.

3. Don't be afraid to send tells. But when slow response or terse response understand the other guy may be in a raid or semi occupied.....don't take it personal.

4. Don't take anything personal.

5. Start learning canith crafting immediately and invest your mats in it. It not only helps you later on, but it helps your understanding of the game no matter how daunting it feels at first.

6. Spend some time reading the forums, about crafting, about builds, about gear, about quests. Ignore all the drama.

7. As you get to lvl 10+, try to flag yourself for raids. Raids are fun and challenging, don't be afraid to join them. Never be afraid to join. Never be afraid to let leader know that you don't know it and need a quick walkthrough.

Ok, those are my lucky 7 advice I'm sure others put some of those in but I did not read the thread past your original post.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Lots of nice people on Khyber.

I'm new to the game. Just started today in fact. Learned about the forums and was told to introduce myself to get to know the community.

Hello

I bought menace of the underdark, and VIP because i just absolutely fell in love with this game after only an hour of playing. I saw this ad on facebook and though, "oh what the hell... its free, why not?"

i LOVE it!!!
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    7. As you get to lvl 10+, try to flag yourself for raids. Raids are fun and challenging, don't be afraid to join them. Never be afraid to join. Never be afraid to let leader know that you don't know it and need a quick walkthrough.
    Agreed on that, alway tell upfront you are new to the quest or raid, 90+% you'll get good advice and guidance, and when turned down (if it happens) you'll be told the reason.
    Better than not telling, messing something up and getting noted negatively.

Welcome to Khyber!
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by THAC0 View Post
    Welcome to the game! If you ever make it over to Ghallanda, send me a tell.

Thaco
    YOU CANNOT HAVE HIM HE IS OURS NOW!

Also, Hi Welcome to DDO and the Khyber!

Run from Gawna. She has Cooties.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast