Community Member

Default Insanely overpowered druid pets one-shotting level-appropriate mobs

I'm playing a druid, and I noticed that their pets can hit about 40-60 at level 2, allowing them to one-shot everything. Is this a glitch or are druids supposed to be that overpowered?
    Last edited by dandykong; 07-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.

If the glitches in DDO get this bad, even if it's just a graphics bug, I'm quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by dandykong View Post
    I'm playing a druid, and I noticed that their pets can hit about 40-60 at level 2, allowing them to one-shot everything. Is this a glitch or are druids supposed to be that overpowered?
    It's probably WAI, for now. Get people hooked on Druids, make them fun to play, then in about 6 months there'll be an update and they'll cut Druid pet damage by 50% to bring them more in line with other Divine character offensive abilities...(and yeah, that was sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Everything one shots enemies at low levels, including my wizard swinging an axe.

Druids start out great but at high levels.. ugh.

Community Member

Default Super wolves

This is clearly a bug that slipped in with the 14.1 patch - rest assured that, since it benifits players, it will be fixed ASAP - enjoy it while you can

PS: and by the way always remember that on the forums, the first rule of fight club...

Community Member

My arty and his dog would demolish mobs until they got to about level 14. The same will happen with druids and at some point you won't even bother summoning your pet because it will become pretty much useless. Pretty much the only time I summon my dog is when I have a hireling that can babysit it or I need a lever pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeald View Post
    rest assured that, since it benifits players, it will be fixed ASAP - enjoy it while you can
    All about perspective.

Running around one-shotting everything is about as fun as sucker punching kids at the bus stop.

Sure, it's fun the first few times, but then it gets a little old.
    Last edited by Full_Bleed; 07-19-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dandykong View Post
    If anything, mine seems underpowered... He hits for 7-16 at lv 7.... What did you give your pet wolf there?

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

LOL- I would rather see druid pets one shot the entire game than to have NPCs 1 or 2 shotting me and my party.

It seems that the Wolf has taken all of the Druid's DPS power. It might be some sort of nature-based religious human sacrifice ritual...thing.

Compare your numbers to your Wolf's numbers. Balance.

Also,
    While the Wolf does hit hard at lower levels, enjoy it while it lasts (in more ways than one). At midgame+ your wolf will most likely not be doing as much damage.

AND, more importantly, summon your wolf and then stand still. Now let your Wolf fight for you. Overpowered? Only if you think finishing a quest at a glacial pace is overpowered. Even with his high damage numbers, you still kill mobs faster than he does. It takes him a few moments to switch from enemy to enemy, while you actually have a brain and can decide before you start swinging in which order you will take the mobs down. The only reason you think he's kill-stealing is because you want your on-kill-strike Druid enhancements to go off.
    Last edited by HalfOrcBeautyQueen; 07-13-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    BEFORE YOU ENTER REMEMBER THAT THE TOMB IS GUARDED BY TERRIBLE MONSTERS AND MEN WITHOUT MERCY.

Community Member

Heck, all mine did at low levels was die often.

I don't think I summoned mine while leveling other than to pull levers, way to used to it being like an iron defender and being useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    LOL- I would rather see druid pets one shot the entire game than to have NPCs 1 or 2 shotting me and my party.
    I say it again.

my arti pooch does fairly well as a meatbag @25 in epics. normal & hard solo-party just fine. In epic elite tho he's not worth the time it takes to babysit his HP.

for what its worth, he has ~90 AC, improved evasion, and ~1200 HP. His intimidate lands every 15 seconds, and he does an ok job of tripping things. I currently have him using the grave wrappings for the neg level drain, previously he hand a improved curse-spewing of destruction

he hits like a wet noodle tho
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteel View Post
    my arti pooch does fairly well as a meatbag @25 in epics. normal & hard solo-party just fine. In epic elite tho he's not worth the time it takes to babysit his HP.

for what its worth, he has ~90 AC, improved evasion, and ~1200 HP. His intimidate lands every 15 seconds, and he does an ok job of tripping things. I currently have him using the grave wrappings for the neg level drain, previously he hand a improved curse-spewing of destruction

he hits like a wet noodle tho
    Yeah I think debuff weapons are the way to go on pets.

Cursespewing of Improved Shattermantle is another option.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyerz View Post
    If anything, mine seems underpowered... He hits for 7-16 at lv 7.... What did you give your pet wolf there?
    Try augment summoning feat - helps the arty dog as well, if not even more.

I cannot await U14-2 where the augment summoning feat will be nerfed to death and countless legions of druids will sit on a completely useless feat. Expect much work for good ol´ Fred.

Community Member

With augment summoning and decent gear the pet will hit for about 60-70 per hit at level 12 with crits nearing 200 points. This assumes buffs as well. That's pretty good.
    Ghallanda Server Member: ToHitArmorClassZero
    Aaramar - Allimar - Calimaar - 11 others, but I'm usually on those three