Default Loud pitches of sound since update

Has anyone here experienced sound pitches of water in the character select screen? Or any other sounds suddenly comin out loud in the game for brief seconds?

The best way to descbribe is, in the character select screen, I hear the background music theme, and sometimes I can hear a very loud glimpse of water, I believe from the water in the scenery where our character is, only for a sec or two.

This started to happen only after last update 14.1 few days ago.
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Also experiencing this issue, you're not alone. Also, if I drop a firewall and leave the immediate area of that firewall, I get popping sounds every time something gets ticked by the firewall. So yeah, since U14.1 there are sound issues. Not surprising really, fix stuff but break more stuff seems to be par for course.

Quote Originally Posted by msdesign View Post
    Has anyone here experienced sound pitches of water in the character select screen? Or any other sounds suddenly comin out loud in the game for brief seconds?

The best way to descbribe is, in the character select screen, I hear the background music theme, and sometimes I can hear a very loud glimpse of water, I believe from the water in the scenery where our character is, only for a sec or two.

This started to happen only after last update 14.1 few days ago.
    Actually.... The water is from the fountain on the Eberron char selection screen, the rest, I havent experienced.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Community Member

Default FVS Aura of Menace and Irritation

How bout the crazy FVS Aura. I have my sound turned completely off this got so annoying. I can't believe that somebody thought that would be enjoyed by anyone.
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Yup. Same.

Facing same problem, on a positive note DirectX 10 ultra settings are working much smoothly for me.

Same issues on my end as well.

I really liked the new music on the character select and character creation screens. I would sit there and listen to them before logging in. But I can't do that anymore because of the annoying sound glitches.

I read the release notes of the last update and apparently they added new sounds into the background, I think? They must not be getting along with the rest of the game's sounds. Maybe it has something to do with the game not having enough audio channels to have them all play at once so they're battling with each other? I woudn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyerz View Post
    Actually.... The water is from the fountain on the Eberron char selection screen, the rest, I havent experienced.
    Yes. I get this one, also. It is severe, and clearly a bug.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

They are clipped truncated repeater crossbow noises.

I was able to sample the noise and re-stretch it out with clipped peak restoration applied in some audio editing software, and its the repeater sound each time a bolt fires, clipped and truncated.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    They are clipped truncated repeater crossbow noises.

I was able to sample the noise and re-stretch it out with clipped peak restoration applied in some audio editing software, and its the repeater sound each time a bolt fires, clipped and truncated.
    How the hell did those get in there?

In any case, I'm experiencing it as well.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Yup - Me too - Didn't flag it as Water myself OR as Repeater X-Bow - Tbh it's far too short a sound to tell {for me} but it is constant on the character select screen - A gluck, glick, glick, glick, glick etc,. etc,. etc.
    Until I load into the game proper.

I get no music whatsoever on my character select screen since the update - Just this constant glick, glick, glick etc. etc.

Please Devs - Fix this.

Actually, it's not any one particular sound (i.e. waterfall or arti repeater)... it's varying sounds that appear to get stuck in the sound buffer.

At first I thought it was a pop or crackle with my onboard soundcard being to blame. after a while, I realized it was just some random sound playing for a brief moment VERY loudly.

I recorded about 10 minutes of audio and dropped it into Audacity, and yep - it's varying sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Yup - Me too - Didn't flag it as Water myself OR as Repeater X-Bow - Tbh it's far too short a sound to tell {for me} but it is constant on the character select screen - A gluck, glick, glick, glick, glick etc,. etc,. etc.
    Until I load into the game proper.

I get no music whatsoever on my character select screen since the update - Just this constant glick, glick, glick etc. etc.

Please Devs - Fix this.
    Interesting - I get the new music there. I get NO sound whatsoever in the cutscene that results from Spinner of Shadows, tho. Never have heard that scene.

Community Member

Yes I get sound glitches at the character screen. It is pretty annoying.

Community Member

Same problems here, wouldn't mind if it was just the character screen but the ones in game are annoying.

It's mentioned in the Latest Lam release notes.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Can we at least be told what channel Kobold voices are on? I have evrything but basic sound turned off (Music and DM off, the rest turned down a LOT) and they still come in crystal clear *no pun intended* and LOUD as all get out.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Looks like this has stopped for me, but I'd like to lobby for separation of the "cha ching" sound from the UI category.

I had to turn down UI audio do to the _MASSIVE DING_ sound effect. Now when I sell stuff, I get no cha-ching.

Not a major issue, but if someone can move that over into like environmental effect, that'd be an improvement.