Thread: continued:

Community Member

Default continued:

because thread got shut down while i was writing this novel of a post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    I get your meaning but this part is WAY out. Your definition of the majority will include others who've played as long as you and have similar gear to you, meaning when soloing or grouped most things the devs can produce are quickly overwhelmed.

However the real "majority" have nothing like your experience or gear even with the new items coming out. You'll know from our years of playing a bad player with great gear is still a bad player and a good player with naff gear is still a good player and the latter will always do better than the former. Therefore Turbine/WB has to cater for these people more and those who had the time, friends and luck to gather and do everything are likely to lose out as they're by far the minority.

My solution? Leave TR'ing to a minimum, maintain 15-20 odd toons and try to kit them all out enough but make sure there's always more than enough to be just out of reach. That way you always have something to strive for.

That's my philosophy anyway.
    Hey man, I have to side with darc on this, although i will say a large majority of the pbase would just straight up get handled in epic elite, those that can complete it consistantly and without resources get insane gear..every run.

Example, the well quest I mentioned in previous post, we competed our first crack at it, but i had something like 5 deaths. Anywho, my end reward for it was a list of intensely powerful random loot items set to correctly reflect the difficulty of the quest. Each caster type weapon had to be carefully scrutinized. I opted for a scepter to give dave with 114 radiance spell power, efficient max I, greater necro focus and i think a effin superior lore. oh and +15 implement universal spell power. There was a scepter that came close to being ideal for my toon but it was 108 spell power...This is random lootgen gear from completing a single quest. Yes it was knarly hard honestly. Some resources where consumed, but now im staring at a list of caster items that take all the named gear id gathered over the past years of pretty stinkin hardcore play and toss it out.

That means if I get no better at running the quest and it takes my sorc 3-5 maj pots per single epic elite quest completion, I can have at least 4-5 outstandingly powerful items with 2-3 hours of play and a very small stack of major pots.

I remember I spent much much longer than that in crystal cove grinding grinding grinding for those green dragonshards. And THAT got blasted for being WAY too fast for newbies to get epic gear, and not much of the gear was very good compared with traditional epic gear.

I will say though I do feel positive personally that I can play in a forgotten realms world. Its what DDO has lacked for me personally since i first played it.
    Reckter: 28 heroic, 3 iconic and 19 eic PLs, now a 17 art/3rog shadar-kai. Anhilliation: 3x wiz/sorc PLs, 13 epic PLs now a dwarf 17barb/3bard. . Vikzor: 2xfvs + 4x epic PL horc 19fvs 1 fighter. Rekter: 3x rog & 1 fighter + 4 epic PLs, h-orc 13 rogue 6 monk 1 druid. Veisha: 3x bard + 4 epic PLs, PDK 16 bard 4 fighter.

Community Member

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyt View Post
    because thread got shut down while i was writing this novel of a post:

Hey man, I have to side with darc on this, although i will say a large majority of the pbase would just straight up get handled in epic elite, those that can complete it consistantly and without resources get insane gear..every run.

Example, the well quest I mentioned in previous post, we competed our first crack at it, but i had something like 5 deaths. Anywho, my end reward for it was a list of intensely powerful random loot items set to correctly reflect the difficulty of the quest. Each caster type weapon had to be carefully scrutinized. I opted for a scepter to give dave with 114 radiance spell power, efficient max I, greater necro focus and i think a effin superior lore. oh and +15 implement universal spell power. There was a scepter that came close to being ideal for my toon but it was 108 spell power...This is random lootgen gear from completing a single quest. Yes it was knarly hard honestly. Some resources where consumed, but now im staring at a list of caster items that take all the named gear id gathered over the past years of pretty stinkin hardcore play and toss it out.

That means if I get no better at running the quest and it takes my sorc 3-5 maj pots per single epic elite quest completion, I can have at least 4-5 outstandingly powerful items with 2-3 hours of play and a very small stack of major pots.

I remember I spent much much longer than that in crystal cove grinding grinding grinding for those green dragonshards. And THAT got blasted for being WAY too fast for newbies to get epic gear, and not much of the gear was very good compared with traditional epic gear.

I will say though I do feel positive personally that I can play in a forgotten realms world. Its what DDO has lacked for me personally since i first played it.
    Thanks for continuing the conversation.
    Darcc/Darcbane/Darcjustice/Darcslayer/Darcsoul/Bloodsaif/Discipled/Gripfast/Soulrise/Soulwater/Windseeker

Community Member

I don't understand why Jerry locked the thread anyway. Are goodbye posts or criticism against the forum rules now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Default Wow.

I was really starting to dig what Darc was saying and suddenly the thread was locked. Did not see any reason for the lock. What forum rule was broken? Just because he may have been turning a tide in people's reasoning for remaining here? That, would be just another straw on the camel's back.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    I was really starting to dig what Darc was saying and suddenly the thread was locked. Did not see any reason for the lock. What forum rule was broken? Just because he may have been turning a tide in people's reasoning for remaining here? That, would be just another straw on the camel's back.
    preempting the reportable offenses that were likely to follow as they do in pretty much every /ragequit thread.

Doesn't need a reason to close/delete any thread, of course, this is their server.

Heck try raging against AT&T on one of their forums and see how long those posts last.

Reopening a closed topic is not allowed. "I quit" threads sometimes historically lead to forum violations and other problematic behaviors that make our forum community a less welcoming place, so we will sometimes close them before or when they get to that point with a message to the OP wishing them well in all future endeavors.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!