Pirate Cursed

Default Cleric/Fighter Rebuild Help

I have an 8 Cleric/1 Fighter build that I made at launch. I never really play him mostly because I don’t enjoy playing a caster type. I would like to get him to 20 as quickly as possible to re-roll him into something else; however I don’t know what to do with him. Currently he is Neutral Good 28 point Human with 14 Str, 15 Dex, 12 Con, 8 Int, 16 Wis, 8 Cha. His feats are Cleave, Empower healing, Extend, Mental Toughness, power attack, and Toughness. I’m not sure if I should LR him or multi-class him with something else to get him to 20 for the TR. Any advice on this would be great. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Halous View Post
    I have an 8 Cleric/1 Fighter build that I made at launch. I never really play him mostly because I don’t enjoy playing a caster type. I would like to get him to 20 as quickly as possible to re-roll him into something else; however I don’t know what to do with him. Currently he is Neutral Good 28 point Human with 14 Str, 15 Dex, 12 Con, 8 Int, 16 Wis, 8 Cha. His feats are Cleave, Empower healing, Extend, Mental Toughness, power attack, and Toughness. I’m not sure if I should LR him or multi-class him with something else to get him to 20 for the TR. Any advice on this would be great. Thank you.
    You should be able to level him pretty quickly as is. I have personally fallen in love with my battle cleric. I can solo just about anything with her if I can't find a group.

I did go with a bit higher str, higher con and lower dex on mine, but your stats don't look horrible and feats look just fine.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Default This was my first cleric...

This was my first 28 Point melee capable cleric:

Human, Male, AL NG
    Cleric 19/Fighter 1 (Radiant Servant II)

STR 16/26 (+2 Tome, +6 Item, +2 Ship)
    DEX 8/12 (+2 Tome, +2 Ship)
    CON 13/24 (+2 Tome, +1 Human, +6 Item, +2 Ship)
    INT 8/12 (+2 Tome, +2 Ship)
    WIS 17/36 (+2 Tome, +1 Human, +3 Cleric, +5 levels, +6 Item, +2 Ship)
    CHA 8/20 (+2 Tome, +2 Cleric, +6 Item, +2 Ship)

Feats were:

1 Toughness, Empower Heal
    3 Extend Spell
    6 Power Attack
    9 Maximize Spell
    12 Improved Critical Slashing
    15 Quicken Spell
    18 Spell Penetration

Something along those lines.

He was fun to play solo or could heal a group. He was melee capable but all level ups went into WIS so he was a wisdom build. His casting was somewhat gimped but he could land destructs and implosions on heroic normal and hard for the most part. Melee capable meant he could whip out the trusty Falchion and play 3rd or 4th Melee in a group with his Aura going, if things got nasty he could step back break out a heal stick and scrolls. He could raid heal as well the only real limitation there was me ;-)

So if you have a free LR still available and are interested in a melee capable caster this may be the way to go.

Hope this helps.
    So much to learn, only so much time in the day...

Enkur/Suljak/Grimslad/Azimander/Vladig/Nandos/Thangfod/Somnolent/Glumnael

Pirate Cursed

Thank you for the fast reply. I think i might just add a few more fighter levels and see how that works out and TR him at 20 into something more fitting to my play style. Thanks for the help and ideas.

Adding fighter levels is a bad idea. You'll still have poor melee, and your cleric abilities will be that much worse in higher level content. The same applies to a third multi-class.

You are probably better off just nuking him and starting fresh. Past lives in general are not a great cost/benefit move compared to epic destinies, and the cleric past life especially falls into this. Consider also that level 9 is less than 1/5th of the way to cap, plus you have benefited and are benefiting from the very robust part of the quest distribution.

Even if you're stuck with 28 point builds, just roll a THF barb or fighter. They get practically nothing from extra build points, and if you want to melee they are melee all day long.