Thread: Changing ED?

Question Changing ED?

Is it in any way possible to change an ED before reaching level 3 in it? I simply took the wrong one and would like to change without having to level in it first.

If it is not easy to change, will i still be locked in the ED after LR'ing? or after TR'ing?

Thanks

Edit: If this is not possible in any way, I think the option is missing.
    Last edited by Bart_D; 07-11-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Community Member

Nop, you have to level to 3 to switch destiny. Or, you could use a DDO store item to unlock an adjacent Destiny.

Key of Destiny:

Allows you to unlock and claim any one epic destiny that's adjacent to one you already have unlocked on the map of destinies (without the need to first earn the prerequisite levels in your current destiny). You can switch into the new destiny and begin advancing in it once you claim it at a Fatespinner NPC.

Don't know about TR or LR.

Community Member

LR only resets the points you spent in a ED Tree,it does not let you rechoose another ED.Once you choose a ED you are stuck with it for life.

Thanks for replies. I ended up finding some good things in the ED i happened into (things i will poach later) so it's not bad at all.

However, when using the free LR to adjust, the ED was unselected so i could choose any in the circle. Just wanted to note that here since jcoffey seems to claim the opposite.

Community Member

When I did my LR it WOULD NOT let me rechoose my ED.

Maybe because I had gotten points into it already?

I had chosen Magistar and had 4 points in it when I did the LR.

Tried to go to Fatsinger and it wouldn't let me.

With the trees being buggy who knows.

I, too, accidentally took an ED that I did not want. There should be a way, without costing any TP to change/fix mistakes like this. Even if Turbine were to make it cost plat and only possible if no epic XP had been acquired in the wrong destiny. Some sort of correcting measure (again without spending TP) should be introduced.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    I, too, accidentally took an ED that I did not want. There should be a way, without costing any TP to change/fix mistakes like this. Even if Turbine were to make it cost plat and only possible if no epic XP had been acquired in the wrong destiny. Some sort of correcting measure (again without spending TP) should be introduced.
    Would also be nice if they let people choose their first destiny from anywhere on the board regardless of what class you are. It's stupid for ranged-focused Artys to have to gain 11 levels (shortest path) or spend a lot of TP in order to get their best destiny.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart_D View Post
    Thanks for replies. I ended up finding some good things in the ED i happened into (things i will poach later) so it's not bad at all.

However, when using the free LR to adjust, the ED was unselected so i could choose any in the circle. Just wanted to note that here since jcoffey seems to claim the opposite.
    I will have to submit a bug report then since I was made to keep same ED even on a LR.

Community Member

Honestly this reply is going to make me sound extreamly unfriendly but here we go.

Every decision you make (character creation based) is extreamly difficult to change once you have selected it. This was also by design. To as for a way to change your ED without TP is already implemented. The paulty amount of XP you need to reach lvl 3 is nothing compared to what it takes to change an ability point (LR), Change a feat (without having a stock pile from previous lives), ect. I hope that turbine does not dummy this one aspect that has kept players thinking about their characters.