Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    I am not VIP and I say not signed.

    Look the only reason that I even consider going VIP is the elite opening... to be honest I probably have spent more $ "free" than I would have with a subscription but that is my choice.

    If I hadn't spent all that cash then I would be VIP now. If they were to up the VIP turbine points or add some other nice perk it would probably tip me into a subscription.

    Turbine loves our bursts of cash injections but it's the slow steady premium payments that keep them from doing anything too crazy with the game. The worst possible scenario is them needing to make sure they make payroll and offering something game breaking in the store (+10 tomes only 1500 TP each 3 day sale!!!!).

    So not a VIP and not signed. I would be happier if TR's could just open elite straight out. A second life can make a lot of sense but right now I am on my first 3rd life toon and I honestly don't see it being any more powerful than she was on her second with all the new changes.


  2. #22
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Deleted by OP
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 07-13-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

  3. #23
    Community Member Orratti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    so, this is what I am getting...

    The best way to make vip mean something is to insure premiums don't get anything ?

    cold

    Well if I had sympathy for VIP players, that sure got rid of it.
    Don't you get all the f2p material for free? On tring you also get to open higher difficulties for free correct? Remember if you're vip and your sub runs out you get nothing at all no matter how much you've put in or how long.

  4. #24
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Deleted by OP
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 07-13-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

  5. #25
    Community Member Orratti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    My regrets for being a fountain of misinformation. Still just about everything about dropping or allowing your vip sub to expire sucks. Carry on.

  6. #26
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,876

    Default

    You want it TR or go VIP

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  7. #27
    Community Member totalmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Would it be nice?Yes.Would it be necessary?No.

    I am a premium player and I think some of the more or less irelevant features like this should be reserved for VIP members.Turbine gave us imho a very generous ability to unlock hard on a tr1 and elite on tr2.

    Sorry,but /not signed just out of support to VIPs.

  8. #28
    Community Member Kayla93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Well true is this IS a problem.

    Im so tired of exping 1-2 lifes.... I have to wait XXX time till someone opens me elite or at least hard.
    Now exping legend goes more smoothly for me.

    Because yes - on 1st or 2nd life u dont need bavery that much. But who will join normal run? Sure, Im capable of doing it myself.
    But normal runs are boring because:
    1) Hardly anyone wants to join. Its a MMO... I want to play with others ;p
    2) Theres no challenge - cause theyre incredible easy.
    3) If u want to exp with no BB, u wll probably have to repeat some quests - and its SO boring.


    But true - if premiums could open elite/hard then vips would be really screwed.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Im a premium player and I have spent lots of money on this game.


    I would be happy to spend another £30 - £50 to by an account wide opening abilty.


    I do recognise the fact that ViPs may feel that their subscriptions are being devalued though

  10. #30
    The Hatchery Galeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    /not signed

    Premium players do not need anything for free since by design they pay for what they want from the game.
    ^This.

    The choice to only buy what you want instead of subscribing is a valid choice. But it doesn't come with everything included.

    Elite opening is one of the very few things keeping people paying monthly for the game.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

  11. #31
    Community Member Truga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    so, this is what I am getting...

    The best way to make vip mean something is to insure premiums don't get anything ?

    cold

    Well if I had sympathy for VIP players, that sure got rid of it.
    Premiums can already open quests on hard/elite. It's right there, in the store. VIPs are paying $15 per month for this (and basically this only if they play for a long time, because they could easily buy everything else for much less), why should you be excused from it?

    Like others have said, if you want to open quests on elite, buy the elite open from the store. That's how premium works. Buy what you want from the store.

  12. #32
    Community Member abrownbear9108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    221

    Default

    dont see why they havent added a permanent hard/elite unlock thing to the store that works on a per character basis. say 1095TP for permanent hard unlock 1795TP for permanent Elite unlock. i know a lot of you think thta may be a bit expensie, but when you think about it, you actually come out on the winning side of this deal.

    hard unlocks are what? 15TP? how many quests are there in the game? theres 274 quests (http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Quests), not including wilderness areas. thats 4110total TP if you wanted to go an buy an unlock for every single quest in the game on hard. 6850TP if you wanted to open all of them on elite. if they made this a per character thing it means they end up making more money and we're kinda happy. or they could make account wide ones for maybe double the TP costs of the character based ones

    i dont care if this idea gets bad feedback (and i didnt read all of the previous replies to the thread either)

  13. #33
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    We are happy to announce 2 New items in the DDO Store.

    Once per character, like the xp tomes.

    Key of Lesser Opening - It allows adventurer/champion characters to dwelve deeper into the monsters nest. - Hard {450TP}

    Key of Greater Opening - It allows adventurer/champion characters to dwelve deepest into the monsters nest. - Elite
    {650TP}

    Fixed it for you .
    I like this. I don't like hard/elite usually, but something similar to the Tomes of learning for Quest Openings would be a great money sink.....errr.....Money Maker for Turbine

  14. #34
    The Hatchery SisAmethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bordeaux
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    I like this. I don't like hard/elite usually, but something similar to the Tomes of learning for Quest Openings would be a great money sink.....errr.....Money Maker for Turbine
    Well, if you want to spend money, then why not get a game time card that makes you temporary VIP?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

  15. #35
    The Hatchery Hutoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    491

    Default

    I went Premium when I made the move from Codemasters. I have all packs, upgrades, etc.
    Premium is an excellent model for folks who play a lot every now and then, and sometimes can't get any game time at all for months at a time.
    It does not need an upgrade.

    What I can't see, is a good reason for long-term Premiums to go VIP.
    It must be worth Turbine's while to get folks like me onto VIP somehow.

    Right now, if I go VIP I will get...
    • hard and elite unlock on my last couple of 1st life toons,
    • a couple of extra character slots that I don't really want,
    • the fugly half-breeds (won't buy them as I am kinda philosophically opposed to them on aesthetic grounds),

    and bugger-all else.

    So basically, no incentive to go VIP.

    What could the incentive be? Not sure - but paying monthly for stuff that I already mostly own is the problem: so maybe...
    • have each premium purchase marginally reduce the VIP fee?
    • allow VIPs to sell back premium purchases (at a limited rate)?
    • something worth having that is only available to VIPs (e.g. 38-point builds unlock at 5th TR for VIP only...)
    • [insert your idea here]
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

  16. #36
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Well, if you want to spend money, then why not get a game time card that makes you temporary VIP?
    1) VIP doesn't interest me like it doesn't interest a lot of people.
    2) I don't like Hard/Elite like I posted. That is all VIP would give me that is useful.
    2a) The cost was too low in the post I quoted. If it cost ~4k to unlock each individual adventure on hard (not sure taking there word) then 2k and 3.5k sound about right for hard/elite unlock (~40%-50% savings).
    3) Turbine is here to make money! An unlock for hard/elite per character would be a $$$ for them. You get it for free after TR'ing but some people would prefer to spend the money.
    4) Why would you dislike a service that gives Turbine money?
    5) If a person has 4 characters on one server and purchased this, that is ~8k-14k TP that premium player just purchased. Depending on the cost they purchased their TP at that is a lot of $$$ for Turbine for something they were going to give them when they TR'd. And they would have to continue to purchase this "unlock" anytime they created a new character or wait until TR.
    6) Its a wonderful money sink....errr....money maker for them

  17. #37
    The Hatchery SisAmethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bordeaux
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    1) VIP doesn't interest me like it doesn't interest a lot of people.
    2) I don't like Hard/Elite like I posted. That is all VIP would give me that is useful.
    2a) The cost was too low in the post I quoted. If it cost ~4k to unlock each individual adventure on hard (not sure taking there word) then 2k and 3.5k sound about right for hard/elite unlock (~40%-50% savings).
    3) Turbine is here to make money! An unlock for hard/elite per character would be a $$$ for them. You get it for free after TR'ing but some people would prefer to spend the money.
    4) Why would you dislike a service that gives Turbine money?
    5) If a person has 4 characters on one server and purchased this, that is ~8k-14k TP that premium player just purchased. Depending on the cost they purchased their TP at that is a lot of $$$ for Turbine for something they were going to give them when they TR'd. And they would have to continue to purchase this "unlock" anytime they created a new character or wait until TR.
    6) Its a wonderful money sink....errr....money maker for them
    I would bet your caluclations miss something:
    True reincarnation is one viable way to unlock and Turbine does probably make a lot of money with the True Reincarnation, which include:
    - The Heart itself for > 1K TP
    - Additional XP pots, Tome of Learning, etc. for ~ > 4-6K TP per life

    All in all Turbine consumes on average probably more the 3.5k TP per reincarnation, meaning that for Elite unlock they are most likely over the 7K TP. Why should they sell that for less? Especially as it is probably rare that one really unlock each single one. However this are all wild speculations and guesses and neither me nor you know the real numbers. But don't you think they have marketing analyzes about their numbers that would indicate if they really would make so much money with it? Don't you think that they would add this to the shop if it really would pay of that much, regardless of if this would annoy some VIP?

    Also it is a tricky Business Model if you only count on members that could leave in a blink of an eye because there is no financial binding but another game just opened up the gates or whatever other reason... Why you think your Bank will as well sell you Assurances, Credit Cards and Mobile Phone contracts? Its for binding you to the business.

    Also some other thing you have to consider, I am not sure if opening on elite is really that of an issue, especially today with everybody trying to get their Streaks running. Its a group game and even if you are solo, there are more then enough players available to chip in for a quick quest opening on Elite, just put up a LFM.

    By the way, you are wrong if you think to imply that I would dislike Turbine making money, which on the other hand however not necessarily mean I support this idea
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 07-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

  18. #38
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    I would bet your caluclations miss something:
    True reincarnation is one viable way to unlock and Turbine does probably make a lot of money with the True Reincarnation, which include:
    - The Heart itself for > 1K TP
    - Additional XP pots, Tome of Learning, etc. for ~ > 4-6K TP per life

    By the way, you are wrong if you think to imply that I would dislike Turbine making money, which on the other hand however not necessarily mean I support this idea
    Heart or 20 Epic Tokens. One doesn't cost TP.
    Tome of Learning is a one time purchase. Lasts through TR.
    XP Pots are a definite money maker for Turbine. I know VIP's who even buy 'em.

    Yeah, can't say this is a good idea but on the surface its not a bad suggestion either.

  19. #39
    The Hatchery SisAmethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bordeaux
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Heart or 20 Epic Tokens. One doesn't cost TP.
    Tome of Learning is a one time purchase. Lasts through TR.
    XP Pots are a definite money maker for Turbine. I know VIP's who even buy 'em.

    Yeah, can't say this is a good idea but on the surface its not a bad suggestion either.
    Ohh, I definitively know that you can get a Heart of Wood via Epic tokens. Heck you can even win them in the Lottery or pull them out of Chests. Also the Tome was merely an example of what Players may think about is worth to buy before reincarnation, while an other player who has capped and no intention to do so don't need to bother about them. After all they are a recent edition to the Store.

    My point was just that not everybody want to run Epics first before reincarnation and that there are more then enough players who will buy a Heart it right away from the store and everything else that make the journey faster and easier back to level 20.

    So I can see that some people would like to have the possibility to buy it without being bound to the game via a running subscriptions, but hat has nothing to do with any assumption if it would be profitable or not for Turbine

    I agree however with Hutoth that - especially IF they should introduce something like this - Turbine really should think about what an incentive for being VIP should be... because as you already said "1) VIP doesn't interest me like it doesn't interest a lot of people."
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

  20. #40
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    I agree however with Hutoth that - especially IF they should introduce something like this - Turbine really should think about what an incentive for being VIP should be... because as you already said "1) VIP doesn't interest me like it doesn't interest a lot of people."
    How about 500 free Turbine points every month?

    lol

    /sarcasm off

    Yeah, they need to give VIP's something also Probably more so than Premium members. And something substantial but honestly I can't think of anything they could give VIP's that wouldn't unbalance the game "off the top of my head."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload