Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Time for a bit of premium account love ?

Deleted by OP
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 07-13-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

/signed

even if only for 3 months from the date of last TP purchase.

Makes sense. Each month they spend money they should be able to open on hard. VIP spend money monthly to get the open on elite perk you cite, so that seems fair. Each month a premium does not spend money its back to normal, thats what would happen to a VIP.

You can already open on hard. Just TR.

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    You can already open on hard. Just TR.
    By using the same logic VIPs wouldn't need the open on any difficulty perk - just TR twice.

IMHO a limited time to open quests on hard based on the amount of money recently spent sounds ok - according to ddo.com currently the price for a subscription is 10$/month, so hard quest access for 1 month/10$ spent doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    By using the same logic VIPs wouldn't need the open on any difficulty perk - just TR twice.
    Not quite. A perk is something you get but don't need. Opening on elite without TR'ing is a stated included benefit of being VIP. No one needs this to play the game, but it's a feature you get for the subscription status of VIP. If you want it too, go VIP, TR twice, or buy quest openers in the store.

Again, premium players get decent rewards for buying some points initially. Any more than that that one chooses to spend is up to them, and they receive the content, races, bank etc. that they buy with those points.

While premium myself, I'm actually in favor of VIP's getting more for their money. If someone never buys points again, they keep what packs/races they've bought. If a VIP cancels their subscription, they go to premium but have no access to anything they don't also buy separately as a premium.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

Not sighned VIP has too few perks already as it is, we're even suck buying content now that the Expansion thing worked.

You know what you're premium perk is? The ability to walk away no more money down without a sub like a millstone about your neck.
    Currently levelling: Lainnu, WF Arteficter 18, Khyber, Leader of House Tarkanan
    Jhankgix, WF lvl 21 monk, Grand Master of Flowers,Khyber, House Tarkanan
    Recovering Altaholic.

The ability to open on hard after TR'ing was added mainly due to requests like this. It actually took away a bit from one of the remaining perks of being VIP (*I'm premium btw). Now anyone who TR's twice has the same ability as a VIP. This request has already been met by Turbine.

Giving it to all premiums would make no distinction between who bought a $5 point bundle and someone who has spent hundreds....

EDIT:When you buy points and become premium, it's clear what you're getting (more character slots, no AH limit, no plat limit etc...). Adding more perks after the fact (that Turbine has a mechanic for or you can also buy from the store if you're in a hurry) doesn't make sense business wise. If it hurts your play experience, it may be worth seeing if VIP is for you.
    Last edited by Paryan; 07-11-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    Bringers of Darkness

No, like I said. If you want to open quests on hard TR or go VIP. If you want to open on elite TR twice or go VIP.

I'm not even VIP, but this is one of the last perks VIPs got. Since they pretty much sponsor my game, I really don't want them to stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    Since they pretty much sponsor my game, I really don't want them to stop doing it.
    Why shouldn.t we. I probably sponsor your game as well.

I spend more than the cost of a vip account subscription each month. Pretty much every month.

why not $10/month or more on TP's open on hard.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post

I spend more than the cost of a vip account subscription each month. Pretty much every month.

And spending more is your choice. If you want the benefit of VIP, go VIP. For that status, they have to spend a certain amount. As premium, you don't (even if you choose to spend more).
    Bringers of Darkness

If you're already spending that much, there's items in the store that you can use to open a single quest on hard/elite. If that ends up being too expensive for you, go VIP.

Absurd. You think some VIPs don't spend more then their sub just like some premium's don't spend $10/month. You sponsor yourself
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    Absurd. You think some VIPs don't spend more then their sub just like some premium's don't spend $10/month. You sponsor yourself
    oh i know they do. i was just pointing out to the freebie that i also contribute towards his "sponsorship"

(edit)BTW i know of one player who has played the game for nothing and is one of the best i know.

onya Free.

cheers
    Last edited by sdrocky; 07-11-2012 at 01:34 PM.

We are happy to announce 2 New items in the DDO Store.

Once per character, like the xp tomes.

Key of Lesser Opening - It allows adventurer/champion characters to dwelve deeper into the monsters nest. - Hard {450TP}

Key of Greater Opening - It allows adventurer/champion characters to dwelve deepest into the monsters nest. - Elite
    {650TP}

Fixed it for you .

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    We are happy to announce 2 New items in the DDO Store.

Once per character, like the xp tomes.

Key of Lesser Opening - It allows adventurer/champion characters to dwelve deeper into the monsters nest. - Hard {450TP}

Key of Greater Opening - It allows adventurer/champion characters to dwelve deepest into the monsters nest. - Elite
    {650TP}

Fixed it for you .
    I like this. I don't like hard/elite usually, but something similar to the Tomes of learning for Quest Openings would be a great money sink.....errr.....Money Maker for Turbine

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    I like this. I don't like hard/elite usually, but something similar to the Tomes of learning for Quest Openings would be a great money sink.....errr.....Money Maker for Turbine
    Well, if you want to spend money, then why not get a game time card that makes you temporary VIP?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Well, if you want to spend money, then why not get a game time card that makes you temporary VIP?
    1) VIP doesn't interest me like it doesn't interest a lot of people.
    2) I don't like Hard/Elite like I posted. That is all VIP would give me that is useful.
    2a) The cost was too low in the post I quoted. If it cost ~4k to unlock each individual adventure on hard (not sure taking there word) then 2k and 3.5k sound about right for hard/elite unlock (~40%-50% savings).
    3) Turbine is here to make money! An unlock for hard/elite per character would be a $$$ for them. You get it for free after TR'ing but some people would prefer to spend the money.
    4) Why would you dislike a service that gives Turbine money?
    5) If a person has 4 characters on one server and purchased this, that is ~8k-14k TP that premium player just purchased. Depending on the cost they purchased their TP at that is a lot of $$$ for Turbine for something they were going to give them when they TR'd. And they would have to continue to purchase this "unlock" anytime they created a new character or wait until TR.
    6) Its a wonderful money sink....errr....money maker for them

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    1) VIP doesn't interest me like it doesn't interest a lot of people.
    2) I don't like Hard/Elite like I posted. That is all VIP would give me that is useful.
    2a) The cost was too low in the post I quoted. If it cost ~4k to unlock each individual adventure on hard (not sure taking there word) then 2k and 3.5k sound about right for hard/elite unlock (~40%-50% savings).
    3) Turbine is here to make money! An unlock for hard/elite per character would be a $$$ for them. You get it for free after TR'ing but some people would prefer to spend the money.
    4) Why would you dislike a service that gives Turbine money?
    5) If a person has 4 characters on one server and purchased this, that is ~8k-14k TP that premium player just purchased. Depending on the cost they purchased their TP at that is a lot of $$$ for Turbine for something they were going to give them when they TR'd. And they would have to continue to purchase this "unlock" anytime they created a new character or wait until TR.
    6) Its a wonderful money sink....errr....money maker for them
    I would bet your caluclations miss something:
    True reincarnation is one viable way to unlock and Turbine does probably make a lot of money with the True Reincarnation, which include:
    - The Heart itself for > 1K TP
    - Additional XP pots, Tome of Learning, etc. for ~ > 4-6K TP per life

All in all Turbine consumes on average probably more the 3.5k TP per reincarnation, meaning that for Elite unlock they are most likely over the 7K TP. Why should they sell that for less? Especially as it is probably rare that one really unlock each single one. However this are all wild speculations and guesses and neither me nor you know the real numbers. But don't you think they have marketing analyzes about their numbers that would indicate if they really would make so much money with it? Don't you think that they would add this to the shop if it really would pay of that much, regardless of if this would annoy some VIP?

Also it is a tricky Business Model if you only count on members that could leave in a blink of an eye because there is no financial binding but another game just opened up the gates or whatever other reason... Why you think your Bank will as well sell you Assurances, Credit Cards and Mobile Phone contracts? Its for binding you to the business.

Also some other thing you have to consider, I am not sure if opening on elite is really that of an issue, especially today with everybody trying to get their Streaks running. Its a group game and even if you are solo, there are more then enough players available to chip in for a quick quest opening on Elite, just put up a LFM.

By the way, you are wrong if you think to imply that I would dislike Turbine making money, which on the other hand however not necessarily mean I support this idea
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 07-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    I think it is time to allow Premium accounts to open dungeons at hard.
    I disagree.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast