Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    3 questions from my side :

1. How bad or good is the Druid in lower levels ?
    2. How good or bad is he as a party member ?
    3. Is this, as the Druid is now - according to the D&D rules ?

Number 3 especially because I'm unfamiliar with the overall rules system to a greater extend.
    1 Lower levels isn't really an issue. You don't need any special utility to excel bellow level 12 or so.

2. Well... They can nuke, but sorcs nuke better. They can heal, but clerics heal better. They can fight... Fighters, Rangers, Barbarians, Monks, Rogues fight better. They're able to do all three... but not exceptionally well and after a while the versatility comes at a steep cost.

3. Nothing like DnD. As a lovely example...in PnP Druids get some Mass Cure spells. They don't here.
    [REDACTED]

Wink Mine is level 13

My Druid is level 13 and very enjoyable.
    Running with a TR buddy and he has died where I survived.
    As for not getting mass healing spells the person is very wrong.
    Here is a list of the spells.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Categoryruid_spells
    Are they as good as my Cleric no.
    Is it a powerful caster as my wizard no.
    Does it do as much melee damage as my tanks no.
    Does it do all of the above yes.
    So far my pet is better than my Artificers dogs are.
    My elite streak is like 39.
    Me I like a healer that can fight, heal, has firewall.
    I do not know what kind of fighting tactics you use,
    drawing back to shrines with a doorway in bear form is very sweet.
    Do not think anything has gotten by so far.
    The people that hate the druid are most likely the same ones that hated or hate Artificers and Favored Souls.
    Is the druid a game changer? No
    Has it been fun to play. You bet.
    Well I do have a level 8 heavy fort outfit and Scimitars, quarterstaves, sickles and daggers set back for it.
    At level 13 it is wearing Magi robes now that heavy fort is on my helm.
    Also because I have a few artificers I had plenty of weapons for the pet.
    Now it has a paralyzer.
    Some may not like it, I like it so far.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

Community Member

Default Generalizations

Quote Originally Posted by chance2000 View Post
    The people that hate the druid are most likely the same ones that hated or hate Artificers and Favored Souls.
    The day FVS came out I rolled one as soon as I could log on. I loved it so much I decided it was maybe even more fun than sorc for me and changed my goals for end game and my main is an FVS

The day Artificers came out I rolled one as soon as I could log on. I loved it so much I am now working on all the past lives for the kind of Artificer I want for epic game.

The day I could roll a Druid on Lam I did. I took it to level 22. It seems great at first, but then, it became apparent that at level 20 and above, it was not my cup of tea. I am sure that some players will like it. I really can say that at those levels I hated playing it.

I've run with some druids and they can be a good addition to the party, and I don't hate running with them. There are virtually none of them logged in Khyber at levels 20-25 at any given time (about 80% of the time that I look, there are in fact zero in the who list at that level). So must be a lot of FVS and Artificer haters out there..........
    RTFM on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by chance2000 View Post
    My Druid is level 13 and very enjoyable.
    Come on, based on your sig list you really must know better than to imply something as silly as if it's fine at lvl 13 it must be fine at 20+. Sure, druid does great in gianthold, wait till you get to amarth or IQ, you'll start feeling the problems.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Community Member

[QUOTE=janave;4574074]
    ...This and more suggest that they are tweaked for solo experience. Wich is mostly < lvl16cas-hard, depending on quest.

My wish list has some overlaps, im not at cap yet (16), so im sure additional ideas will come up later.

Healing:
    *Allow extend on Vigors and Regeneration. This would pretty much make them raid viable support for the main healers.

Melee:
    * Some more Flameblade like spells would be great, that uses widsom modifier for atk/damage.

QUOTE]

Great ideas. Flame blade needs something more. I thought it be great it the same spell allowed you to case a ice or acid version. It would aslo be great it single sword with shield beniefited from two handed fighting like d-axe or b-swords. and a two handed version would be nice for the monk splashes as they cant uses shields and two weapon fighting is pointless.

I like the druid class and I agree on they need a buff. It misses some things.

Casting
    they get way to less spell power from enhancements. Even a paladin and ranger gets more spell power for healing spells then druid. then i dont count the spell power from season's because it's changing whole the time. A boost on seasons or/and spell power enhancements would be way better.

Spell's
    alot of buffs don't stack. Like bull str and ram's might. And bull str and other buffs like this doesn't even work when you got a +4 on a item. A fix on this would be nice.

mob's save way to much on the DC from spells.

equipment
    we can use scimitars and daggers. Why not Short Swords?

Melee
    its hard to do any damage with flame blade when a mob only got a bit resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by magicswolf View Post
    Spell's
    alot of buffs don't stack. Like bull str and ram's might. And bull str and other buffs like this doesn't even work when you got a +4 on a item. A fix on this would be nice.

mob's save way to much on the DC from spells.
    That's not completely accurate. Bull's Strength and Ram's Might do stack with each other. And once you have a +4 or +6 item you still get the benefit of Ram's Might for +2 STR +2 Damage. Ram's Might does not stack with Animal Growth as they are both Size bonuses... But you can only use Animal Growth in Wolf/Winter Wolf/Bear/Dire Bear forms. Ram's Might can be used in any form.

The saves are the same problem every caster has. You need a high casting stat and near the higher end, Heighten. If you're referring to the 'Innate Attacks' then the problem is that they're set up to exclude metamagics but don't have a scaling DC
    [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by TreknaQudane View Post
    That's not completely accurate. Bull's Strength and Ram's Might do stack with each other. And once you have a +4 or +6 item you still get the benefit of Ram's Might for +2 STR +2 Damage. Ram's Might does not stack with Animal Growth as they are both Size bonuses... But you can only use Animal Growth in Wolf/Winter Wolf/Bear/Dire Bear forms. Ram's Might can be used in any form.

The saves are the same problem every caster has. You need a high casting stat and near the higher end, Heighten. If you're referring to the 'Innate Attacks' then the problem is that they're set up to exclude metamagics but don't have a scaling DC
    I did mean that they don't stack with items

Wink Level 18 now

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    Come on, based on your sig list you really must know better than to imply something as silly as if it's fine at lvl 13 it must be fine at 20+. Sure, druid does great in gianthold, wait till you get to amarth or IQ, you'll start feeling the problems.
    My druid is level 18 now and still doing well.
    Is it the most powerful toon I have? No.
    Is it fun to run? You bet.
    My streak is now around 60.
    I would say any class can be good or bad depending your play style and tactics.
    And where did I say the class is fine?
    All I said is I find the class to be very enjoyable.
    Can they make it better sure.
    In Elemental form the 200% fort is nice.
    Running the with the guys I am with, having a Healer/ Melee/ Caster that can defend himself is pretty sweet.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Meretrix View Post
    I can imagine, WF transforming into an Iron Defender

"More than meets the eye."

and

"Robots in disguise."

And the transformation should sound like this: http://media.retrostatic.com/misc/tr...und-effect.mp3

Community Member

Default Just curious...

In all of the posts I see here relating to the Druids meele viability vs. that of the clonks, it's all about the attack rate of double strike and this or that affecting # of attacks/minute with some mention of crit profile thrown in there... I'm curious why there's no mention of the type & volume of damage per attack. The feats mentioned never seem to include active monk past life, imp. MA, etc... So are we assuming they are hitting with a whopping 1[1d6]+dual ToD rings & whatever other damage modifying gear; and what of the Druid? Is it wielding GS/alchemicals or equivalent, using similar damage modifying gear to said clonk as well as CotS (+2d6 light dmg/atk) etc. I realize there are many variables here, but are they not highly relevant to ones total dps output? It just seems odd to me that the entirety of the dps argument rests on howmany hits per minute, when it should also matter on what your hitting with... Yes this may be a fine point in the grand scheem, and surely won't tip the ballance of the discussion here nor is that my goal. Just wondering why such things are never mentioned...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567