Thread: Druid bugs?

Default Druid bugs?

Ok I was doing an elite Lords of Dust with a level 18 druid in the party. My computer runs quests ok, quite smoothly, I don't have a problem on graphics performance.

When druid player starts using I don't know what fire effect it was, around him (maybe a prestige or some SLA), his body was full covered with a transparent fire texture, plus 3 huge orange orbs around him. Pretty cool effect, but it had an extreme impact in my computer. I was playing a fighter in there, so I needed to see exactly what was just before me to hit it. I just couldn't do it with all the graphics glitching whenever the druid guy was doing his special attacks and earthquaking everything.

As if it wasn't good enough for a new class to allow the player endless tricks (shape-shifting, 2 pets, lots of goodies, etc etc), they yet allow those players even more special goodies and ubber special effects (just to make other players feel bad and/or minimized, I guess).

Plus, half of these special effects are just a HUGE breakdown in computer performance. I have played that quest with this same fighter, but this was the first time graphics were so BAD to a point I couldn't to melee attacks without having other players to help me kill them (as I couldn't aim properly).

Another bug from druids: the druid player cast a regenerate health spell thing or ability. Meanwhile, quest was over, and while all the buff icons were gone, I still had the health regen special effect visible on my character when I was back in the Harbor.
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Sounds like fire elemental form and casting Body of the Sun. I've never had a problem with either - but it sounds similar to how Ice Storm lags up some folks and not others.

As for Druids having a lot of gimmicks over others... that's all they are. IMHO, they are the least enjoyable class in the game at the moment. Don't feel bad, tricks and eye-candy are all the substance they have.

While I can play when some caster pops an Ice Storm, I couldn't barely move and control my own character while druid was moving in front of me with all those bells and whistles..

I'm not blaming the player, he was just doing what he could do to play. But when that prevents other players to also play, theres something not quite right, in a techinal way.

A message for devs: please adjust the amount and type of effects overall, so they don't impact that much on gameplay. This is a MMORPG, not a color and effects showdown.
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Community Member

I play a druid, and I agree with him. The special effects do need to be toned down. When I use a door, switch, etc., a druid in beast form will temporarily return to human form while using the item. At the same time, there is a bright light show around my character that lags my computer. The light show is unnecessary.