Default Druid Fatal Harrier and reaving roar.

I suggest dev consider to change these two duird feature from killing blow to critical.

Because at the end game when group, druid is too hard to gain the killing blow.
    And 13D6 and attack speed will not so overpowered at the end game.

Pls consider.

Also, pls let wolf run speed stack with haste.
    Last edited by manfredshw; 07-07-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredshw View Post
    I suggest dev consider to change these two duird feature from killing blow to critical.

Because at the end game when group, druid is too hard to gain the killing blow.
    And 13D6 and attack speed will not so overpowered at the end game.

Pls consider.

Also, pls let wolf run speed stack with haste.
    I agree that something should be done here, or at least make it count contributing to the kill or something.

As to the run speed, while that would be nice, they have to be careful that they don't allow characters to go too fast or they break things (as in the physics engine or something, not balance-wise), and that would mean a monk splash druid splash ranger could run ridiculously fast.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    I agree that something should be done here, or at least make it count contributing to the kill or something.

As to the run speed, while that would be nice, they have to be careful that they don't allow characters to go too fast or they break things (as in the physics engine or something, not balance-wise), and that would mean a monk splash druid splash ranger could run ridiculously fast.
    I'm pretty sure movement speed is already capped. A pure monk taking the epic destiny running with the wind (10% run speed per rank, max 3) has no noticable difference in movement speed. I believe this is by design to allow other classes to "catch up", no pun intended.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    I'm pretty sure movement speed is already capped. A pure monk taking the epic destiny running with the wind (10% run speed per rank, max 3) has no noticable difference in movement speed. I believe this is by design to allow other classes to "catch up", no pun intended.
    I'm pretty sure that ability is the same as 30% striders (or there abouts)

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post

Don't tell me you bought that line about running too fast breaking the game Monks have been running at mach 10 since 2008.

Agreed.

I'd even be okay with them changing to 'on a Vorpal' if they're concerned that 'on Crits' would be too powerful (oh, and add Blood Moon to the list). As it is, the animal form PrE is not worth taking because of the awful junk that you have to take to get there.

Unless we're soloing*, we're going to be at the bottom of the kill count, so basing our abilities off of kills is roughly the same as just not giving us the abilities in the first place.

*And sometimes not even then! I ran a Partycrashers the other day where my pup had the kill lead. Seems while I was focusing on the Marks, he was clearing the room.
    Last edited by Expalphalog; 07-10-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

/signed.

I'd also be OK with them changing it a vorpal/natural 20 confirmed critical effect if the powers that be deem a basic critical hit to be over powered.
    BEFORE YOU ENTER REMEMBER THAT THE TOMB IS GUARDED BY TERRIBLE MONSTERS AND MEN WITHOUT MERCY.

Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

/signed
    I don't like anything that procs on kill, that just promotes bad teamwork. On crit or vorpal sounds much better.

Community Member

Its not that it promotes bad teamwork, its just that the cleaving barb that does like 300 damage per cleave to every mob in range, the rogue that does just eats mobs up and the sorc that disintegrates stuff is justnot gonna wait for you so you can get your puny proc, you either keep up with them or you don't, and druids won't be able to most of the time.

Community Member

Throughout the game leveling upped the abilities were decent, but reaving roar ALWAYS took precedence due to the damage and the chance for the harrier to not re-trigger and continue, as many dungeons have monsters with CRs below your level, even on hard/elite.

I like the killing blow, but I think both abilities should have a trigger chance just from striking, even if relatively small, so as to make them worthwhile for harder monsters or just in more scenarios, else harrier becomes worthless in any environment without numerous enemies, and reaving roar is spotty for similar reasons!

So - I say give both a trigger chance from normal combat, or some secondary bonus/advantage nor relying on kills. Blood Moon may need a similar nudge just due to how rarely it will trigger once you reach certain content.

Community Member

100% agree. On kill is a bad design. I prefer instead of vorpal, any crit that is also a sneak attack procs harrier, this promotes intelligent play as well as the use of wolf inherent abilities - crit, sneakatk, baiting bite, snowslide, etc. Perhaps in this case make it half the %, double the charges, simply so it doesn't ramp up too quickly.

As for bear, I'm not all that familiar, but making reaving roar somehow relate to bear form is important, perhaps a buildup, 25 charges = Reaving roar, gain one charge per swing and one charge per swing taken.

I really like the ability-like-spells, it just seems like a few of them could be a little more geared toward smooth intelligent gameplay.

Community Member

sorry for the necro, but this is important.

druids are a very cool class, and an excellent attempt at encouraging healthy hybridization in a way that doesnt alienate other classes by limiting viable options. (an example of unhealthy hybridization being every melee class expected to have access to the heal spell)

the main issue is they have so many broken synergies, examples:

Broken PrE, extra damage on weakened enemies flat out doesnt work on the majority of attacks.

Severely limited feats mean making even a specialized melee viable is, most say, impossible. Let alone being versatile.

High end 2[W] weapons completely negated, along with many other fundamental melee aspects, twf, weapon abilities. Im not talking about fluff vorpal attack/lightning strike abilities, but the fundamental twf that makes the fighting style viable in the first place. Shield based double strike is cool, but then negates monk hybrids, etc etc.

Uncontrollable caster PrE makes it impossible (note: IMPOSSIBLE) to consistently buff your chosen damage type. Wanna be a healer? your chosen PrE helps 50% of the time. yay. I love the concept of encouraging diverse elemental selection instead of elemental based specialization (shouldnt there be ONE class thats not a "fire or light or cold caster"?) However spell damage selection is still elemental based, making specialization impossible.
    Spring DPS, Winter DPS, Feral/Heal/Support being the options would be one example of a more rewarding system

Note that some of these limiting factors being in place are important and add diversity to the game, the issue is that your synergies are limited and in most cases nullified at EVERY turn. Reaving roar doesnt work in endgame content, perfect, for EE choose the other option fatal harrier. OH WAIT. That doesn't work in EE either...

The list goes on and on, and what you're left with is a forced hybrid style class without the feats/access to make hybridization rewarding, plus the forced hybridization making it impossible to specialize.