Default Secret boss uncovered in Ataraxia

FICTION explanation can be found on post #16 http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=16

As some of you may be aware there are several quests in DDO that are discontinued and several maps that can no longer be reached or are blocked off by invisible barriers, however it's still possible to reach some secret places. Crystal cove probably being the most known place that can be reached outside of the event times.

But I found an entrance to a 1-roomed instance on top of the mountains of Ataraxia, pictures below!

This is the entrance, in the background you can see the lights from the duergar settlement

Here you can see a troll of above average size named Tarvos, it has a CR of 15, not sure about the hp.

Though it doesn't even spawn a chest upon defeating and it's just a small discovery, I still figured I'd put this on here because I don't think people have seen it before (it's not on the wiki)

~aid
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 07-10-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Cool. How'd you get there?

That's all well and good-- but how do you explain THIS!!
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

ha that would be a cool map inferno

david, the entrance to the boss guy is on top of ataraxia's mountains, you can get there by jumping on top of a tree after taking a right at the T section when leaving the village, from there you can just barely make it on the mountain and climb up further from there. (you need wings/abundant step/propulsion boots and a lot of patience.

first two jumps will not be easy. This inspires me to find more places though =)

hmmm, please tell me what came out when you ran under one of those ? blocks and jumped.
    because that pic is awesome.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

Looks about the same type and size of the troll the giantish devise is keeping frozen on Korthos.

Interesting, and very cool find.

Quote Originally Posted by herzkos View Post
    hmmm, please tell me what came out when you ran under one of those ? blocks and jumped.
    because that pic is awesome.
    Picture was originally posted by Made with Love... I have no idea what it is.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default nice

Very cool find. +1
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

The sad part was I seriously clicked on my mouse wheel and couldn't work out why the angle on that screenshot wasn't changing.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno346 View Post
    What funny about this room is... The instance is named Secret room C! This mean there is a secret room A and B somewhere! Or someone is really good with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno346 View Post
    haha the good ol days!!! i think i might have some other pic of this place somewhere on my computer

il post some more if i find them !!
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by heyytoi View Post
    haha the good ol days!!! i think i might have some other pic of this place somewhere on my computer

il post some more if i find them !!
    Hmmmm I wonder why my ranger is in this screenie.....
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Managed to make it ontop of the mountains above the Ataraxia mine but haven't been able to find this "cave". Anyway never thought to try and find away atop Ataraxia thanks for inspiring me.

The Mario level was found outside the regular map. Similar to how red fens was found before its release in Update 5. You had to hop over one of the city walls then run for a long time in the void between maps. The way out was blocked off a long time ago I believe. There's a ton of these Dev hobbies spread around the outside of the maps apparently.

Awesome view atop Ataraxia though:

Last edited by Vengeance777; 07-10-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    Managed to make it ontop of the mountains above the Ataraxia mine but haven't been able to find this cave.

I couldn't make it past the tree as I don't have a toon with the right stuff, but I believe that you need to travel all the way across the top of the hill and around to the left and then drop down to the ledge below. You can see the cave from below if you enter the area from the ground path. It is the cliff face straight ahead of you as you hit the top of the hill.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    The Mario level was found outside the regular map. Similar to how red fens was found before its release in Update 5. You had to hop over one of the city walls then run for a long time in the void between maps. The way out was blocked off a long time ago I believe. There's a ton of these Dev hobbies spread around the outside of the maps apparently.
    Yeah... Only that one was blocked off. Especially since I gave the location of it in detail.

*Admires the Supermap I've made of the outside DDO world...*

:: edit ::

Nice pics in the thread by the by. Nice to see other explorers running around.

J1NG
    Last edited by J1NG; 07-10-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to stay in topic
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 16 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 8)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

"Managed to make it ontop of the mountains above the Ataraxia mine but haven't been able to find this "cave". Anyway never thought to try and find away atop Ataraxia thanks for inspiring me. "

"I couldn't make it past the tree as I don't have a toon with the right stuff"
    Goal Accomplished!

Time to come clean, I brought this rumor into the world to inspire people to explore more places and to give the game some more mystery, giving the thought that places excist that aren't described anywhere or that the devs arent aware of excistance of an area, or areas made by devs that aren't blocked off.

Im positive these still aren't blocked off completely, I've tried the majorities of city and wilderness maps myself to get past the border. (If anyone has seen my ninja agility thread they know I reach pretty weird places, and so have others)

Last but not least, The boss name Tarvos is a homage to one of the 8 evil entities in the Epitaph of twilight, Tarvos is a program designed to collect data on human jealousy, revenge, and other dark emotions. Suprisingly this thread has been very positive, I expected to be flamed for photoshop from the start haha. I do hope you understand this thread wasn't created for any malicious reasons.

~aid