Default Untouchable Not Working?

Decided to give 'Untouchable' a try - it adds the number of shadowcharges you're carrying to your dodge.

If I hover my mouse over my AC on my stat sheet, I get a dodge of 9%. Whee. Take off my +2 dodge mabar cloak and it goes down to 8%, so it does update dynamically (as you would expect) (no idea why the +2 cloak only adds 1 though).

I have no way of telling if I'm carrying any shadow charges, but if I kill kobolds in the waterworks with the shadowcharge attack, I should be able to get plenty of charges. Seeing changes in small percentages is always a little tricky, but I should be able to carry 7 shadowcharges, which should result in nearly double the number of dodges.

So I let some kobolds wail on me for a while and count the number of times I get hit versus the number of times I see 'Dodge'. I then kill those kobolds and a few others with shrouding strike (sorry Maj). I see no difference in the reported dodge % chance.

I then stand in front of more kobolds and let them have another go. In theory, I should now be dodging nearly twice as much as I was before - in fact the dodge to hit ratio went down a little. Is this WAI?

I'd bug report this but the report thingy seems to be down - I'll do it when it's back up.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomKeypress View Post
    Decided to give 'Untouchable' a try - it adds the number of shadowcharges you're carrying to your dodge.

If I hover my mouse over my AC on my stat sheet, I get a dodge of 9%. Whee. Take off my +2 dodge mabar cloak and it goes down to 8%, so it does update dynamically (as you would expect) (no idea why the +2 cloak only adds 1 though).

I have no way of telling if I'm carrying any shadow charges, but if I kill kobolds in the waterworks with the shadowcharge attack, I should be able to get plenty of charges. Seeing changes in small percentages is always a little tricky, but I should be able to carry 7 shadowcharges, which should result in nearly double the number of dodges.

So I let some kobolds wail on me for a while and count the number of times I get hit versus the number of times I see 'Dodge'. I then kill those kobolds and a few others with shrouding strike (sorry Maj). I see no difference in the reported dodge % chance.

I then stand in front of more kobolds and let them have another go. In theory, I should now be dodging nearly twice as much as I was before - in fact the dodge to hit ratio went down a little. Is this WAI?

I'd bug report this but the report thingy seems to be down - I'll do it when it's back up.
    It's working fine for me.

The mabar cloak thing is a bug withthe cloak itself and all other dodge 2% bonuses only counting as 1% and not stacking with other 1% dodge items.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

well im on the same boat. dont seem untouchable its working for me. maybe also its that im not ganing any shadow charges... no way to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by LeLoric View Post
    It's working fine for me.

The mabar cloak thing is a bug withthe cloak itself and all other dodge 2% bonuses only counting as 1% and not stacking with other 1% dodge items.
    The level 16 version of the cloak seems to not be granting any dodge, instead of the 1% it should, as well.
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

Off-Topic: About the Mabar Cloak, i have the level 20 one, each time i log in i have the wrong dodge displayed on the character sheet (1% less), i usually unequip and re-equip the cloak and the dodge goes to the right number.

Community Member

Untouchable is working for me. It shows up on the character sheet and I do get missed more often.

Is your dodge being capped by your armor?

Oh, and you can check the count of shadow charges by putting the 120 DR to light effect on your bar. It's the only thing that makes it useful
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Okay - found out what the problem was. There's a bug with Shadowdancer (okay, several bugs, but enough of that). You do not accumulate shadowcharges until you have an ACTIVE ability that uses them. The passive abilities (executioner's strike (which I don't think works anyway), Untouchable etc.) - do not work until you get an active ability that actually counts the charges. Until then all you have is a slightly higher damage attack every now and then.

I'll bug report it when I can be bothered to find a link to the webpage.