Current Roster:
    1. HalfOrcBeautyQueen - Elf Bard
    2. Lord_of_13 - Human Barbarian
    3. OzmarDDO - Half-orc Druid
    4. Open
    5. Open
    6. Open

Hello Friends & Lovers

The Blackwood Tribe is a new RP-lite static group I'm starting on Sarlona, as part of the role-play guild Drawn by Fate. You can find more information about Drawn by Fate here. We will be meeting once-a-week for a 3 hour play session.

The Blackwood Tribe is a nature-based group of wildmen and women, who make their home deep in the forest. The wise elders of the Tribe have ordered a young band to venture forth and leave the forest, to go to the city, and learn about the rest of the world.

As a nature-based group, your toon is limited to the following:

Race Restrictions: Half-orc, Human, Elf
    Class Restrictions: Barbarian, Druid, Ranger, Bard (Elf-only)
    Alignment Restrictions: None
    Naming Restrictions: First name must be relatively IC-ish. Surname must be "Blackwood"
    Biography: Put your character's history in your biography. Length is up to you. This group all comes from the same Tribe, so we're not going to spend the first meeting listening to someone tell us about his character for an hour. If there's something important about your character's backstory, BIO it, and it will be assumed that everyone will read each other's BIO on the first day. You may also post a more in-depth biography in this forum so we have a better idea of where everyone is coming from. If more information is requested on the backstory of the Blackwood tribe that is something we can all create together.

You may mix and match as you please, however, Bard is reserved for Elf only. In the case of the Elf-bard, your character is limited to being either a Nymph or a Nature Spirit loyal to the Tribe who has agreed to assist the adventurers on their journey. Elves of other classes are normal/wood elves. The Nymph motif is limited to the Bard.

You may build your character however you choose, but you are not allowed to multiclass.

Group Rules:
    - Roleplay Lite:
    Stay in-character. Party chat is strictly IC. Guild chat is openly OOC.
    Other OOC chat should be limited to tells. Please don't fill up party chart with:
    ** comments like these because they are annoying **
    If you have to run afk for a minute or two just /tell the party leader. It will be assumed that ALL /tells are OOC.
    During Group Runs Guild chat will be used for coordinating & directions. Once that has finished, keep the chat In Party. I don't have a working microphone so Voice chat is optional.
    - No Twink Gear:
    Some players may be starting fresh on Sarlona. To keep things fair, no twink gear. Auction House and Brokers are allowed. Guild chest is allowed. Guild presents are allowed. Trading/Passing within group is encouraged.

A quick note on passing equipment... Let's say you find a +1 Holy Great Axe in the chest, but you are a TWF Ranger, and there is a THF Half-orc in the party. Either pass the Great Axe to the Half-orc in the chest, or /tell her if she wants it.
    - Characters Start at Level 5:
    I cannot role-play on Korthos or the Harbor anymore.
    This group is starting at level 5. If you need help leveling up your character before the first meeting, I will be happy to you assist you. That assistance will be OOC.
    - Premium Account Required:
    We will be doing a bit of Premium content. Every now and then a guest pass is fine, but you're going to have to hold your own. Interested participants should post, in this thread, which packs they own or have access to and a schedule will be written up accordingly.
    - Hard Streak:
    We will be doing all quests on Hard, once and done.
    If there is a specific piece of equipment you need/want from a quest/chain, you are free to farm it in your off-time, but you cannot out-level the group.

Those are really the only rules at this time. I'm a pretty laid-back group leader. If there are specific questions, feel free to ask in this thread, send me a PM, or contact Gova in-game on Sarlona.

Schedule
    - As of right now we don't have a set meeting schedule. We're looking at either Wednesday Mornings or Tuesday Evenings.
    Last edited by HalfOrcBeautyQueen; 08-31-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    BEFORE YOU ENTER REMEMBER THAT THE TOMB IS GUARDED BY TERRIBLE MONSTERS AND MEN WITHOUT MERCY.

Community Member

Hello HalfOrc,

This sounds really cool. Have you had any interested parties asking about this? I'd be interested in joining if there is room.

I like your setup and rules, and this sounds like a very cool group that you are setting up.

Let me know if you're still working on getting this going.

Thanks!
    -Ozmar the Nature Lover
    I can has no signature. Alas!

Quote Originally Posted by OzmarDDO View Post
    Hello HalfOrc,

This sounds really cool. Have you had any interested parties asking about this? I'd be interested in joining if there is room.

I like your setup and rules, and this sounds like a very cool group that you are setting up.

Let me know if you're still working on getting this going.

Thanks!
    -Ozmar the Nature Lover

There is/was 1 other interested person. I had the idea to form this group while I got bored grinding exp on my main. In hindsight, it was rather silly to try and start a new static group just as the expansion pack hit.

I haven't abandoned the idea, but was waiting for more interested parties.
    BEFORE YOU ENTER REMEMBER THAT THE TOMB IS GUARDED BY TERRIBLE MONSTERS AND MEN WITHOUT MERCY.

Community Member

Ok, I've created a druid. Here is his background, which I'll post into his bio.

I made him at level 4, so I guess we'll be leveling up to 5 to begin? I'm a VIP, so all quests are open to me.

See you online.

Ozgr Blackwood - LN Half-orc Druid

Ozgr was born in the Blackwood tribe so long ago, that no one recalls his parents or origin. He's one of the elders of the tribe, being over 60 years old, and has never been much for exploring outside the forest where the tribe makes its home. He's studied the ways of the druid, and has been reluctantly gifted with the blessings of their magic, but he is not one who enjoys combat or battle. As a druid, he is a member of the Gatewardens, and recognizes the danger of encroaching threats from worlds outside Eberron. He dislikes the supernatural: arcane magic, undead, constructs, demons and creatures from other realms. He accepts elementals as extensions of the natural order, but is wary of the danger of too much mingling between Eberron and the elemental planes. He distrusts warforged, and considers them to be unnatural abominations given semblence of life, and not truly living beings.

He dislikes changing form, and prefers to remain in his "natural" form, but he occasionally changes shape into a wolf to better communicate with his loyal companion. He carries weapons for protection in his travels, but would prefer to sit quietly and listen to songs and tales. He's especially fond of poetry. He also secretly likes to cook, but considers that a woman's task, unfitting for his role in life. He is drawn to eating strange and exotic dishes, and loves to try new meads, ales, stews, or unusual dishes. In the city, he spends much of his time in various taverns, tasting new foods, listening to strange tales, and observing the mingling of strange people.

His cautious nature led him to oppose the elder's plan to send a group of youngsters into the city to learn its ways. He was "rewarded" (he feels "punished") by the others by being selected (against his will) to accompany the group as a guide and mentor, to ensure that they do not get in over their head. He is especially concerned that they do not inadvertantly reveal their origin or the tribe's forest home to these city dwellers. He's deeply distru****l of outsiders, but is drawn by interest in their tales, songs, foods, and drinks.

He has seen his share of battle, and is not eager to seek out conflict. He once had a wife and daughter, but his wife was killed by orc raiders, and his daughter left the tribe to seek a life of adventure. He misses both greatly, although that was many years ago. He hates orcs, especially their violent ways. He has no particular distrust for humans or half-orcs: he distrusts outsiders equally - any who are not tribesmen are suspicious. He is amused by halflings, and finds their culinary culture fascinating. He has recently discovered pipe smoking and enjoys it along with a good ale.

He fears that the city dwellers will bring more chaos and warfare to the tribe. He reluctantly has been sent forth from his forest home to guide this group of youngsters on their exploration of the city. The other elders don't like him much, and maneuvered him into taking on this assignment, against his wishes. He accepted his task unhappily, and agrees to go out of his sense of duty, but he is not eager to leave the forest. He prefers the familiarity of his forest home, and is suspicious of city dwellers and their ways. Once in the city, he finds himself drawn to new foods, smells, songs and experiences, but is still wary of making friends or opening up too much to these outsiders.

His loyal companion is Kragor (orcish for "Fang"), a wolf he nurtured from a pup. Kragor is young and aggressive, and happy to be part of Ozgr's "pack". He looks up to Ozgr as his alpha male, and is fiercely loyal. He sees Ozgr as a fellow wolf, an image that is supported when Ozgr (rarely) takes on a wolf's form through his druidic powers.

Last edited by OzmarDDO; 08-30-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Add pic

Community Member

It appears that the bio screen has a very limited character capacity. I'll post a summarized bio, and a link to this forum post instead.

-Ozmar the Wordy

Our first meeting will be Today, Thursday, August 30th from 5pm to 7pm EST/2pm to 4pm PST.

If you're interested in joining, or just coming along to check us out, feel free to stop on by. You can either send me a PM or reply to this thread. We will be leveling up our characters to lvl 5 and deciding on the day/time for meeting.

I've taken the Role of Elf Bard, but I prefer there be only 1 in the group, so if anyone else has a strong desire to play the Elf Bard Nature Spirit I can give it up and choose a different combo.