Default Please Don't Try To Fix Anything Else

I'm really sorry for asking you to fix all the things broken with update 14. Now that I have seen what you are incapable of, I beg you, please stop fixing things. Please make it stop.
    Last edited by praetor; 07-05-2012 at 04:41 PM.

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

At this rate, I have to agree.

Please stop 'fixing' things until you have programmers who are reasonably competent.

If this requires you to hire new people, then you hire new people.

I am sorry to all current Turbine programmers; however, really - do you REALLY think you deserve your job, after the last few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I feel like a frog in increasingly warming water.

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

Are you guys in game ? I cant get past launcher

Incredibly hacked off

Mind you last big update was 6 months late

Community Member

Default Are you EVER satisfied?

Come on guys REALLY? trying to incorporate not only a completely new realm but new stat trees on your toons, so there are a few bugs,.. if they held out until it was absolutely perfect then you would gripe about that also.

the New content is really great same with the new destinies.. so there are a few bugs.. in a bit I am sure Turbine will work them out... now give them feedback they need to debug the game and stop harping about everything.

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Redoing the ship for the 3rd time at approx 100-150k a pop is growing tiresome. I feel bad for newer players that dont have the plat reserves. Its a noticeable dent.
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

You didnt answer my question

Have you managed to get into the game ??

Cos i haven't and after my little two hour slot of game time has turned to frustration i'm good and angry

In fairness, this time we were warned ahead of time it would result in an amenities wipe in the downtime announcement.

NOW, as far as DDO store glitch is concerned... that _was_ humorous.

Community Member pseudomasochist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    In fairness, this time we were warned ahead of time it would result in an amenities wipe in the downtime announcement.
    The warning should have come much earlier. Would it have been so difficult to give customers notice a few days in advance, so their time/TP/platinum spent don't go up in a puff of smoke, for the third time?

I logged on fairly late last night and saw nothing in the launcher about a patch that will wipe ship amenities yet again. The time stamp of the forum announcement was barely an hour before the servers went down.

Not properly warning people about the negative side effects of a coming patch and then scrambling to fix things with store code and price reductions - just more examples of the lack of professionalism and organization at Turbine.

So...after I restock the ship....again...will I at least be able to play elite again without a low level trap doing 500 hp damage? I'm starting a new toon and it would be nice to be able to run on something past hard :P

Community Member

They didn't fix THAT yet. Trap damage still borked. For my multi-life toon, the trap damage has been kind of fun. However, I still don't like it and want it back to the old way as it really hurts non-twinked toons and new players.
    Ghallanda Server Member: ToHitArmorClassZero
    Aaramar - Allimar - Calimaar - 11 others, but I'm usually on those three

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    They didn't fix THAT yet. Trap damage still borked. For my multi-life toon, the trap damage has been kind of fun. However, I still don't like it and want it back to the old way as it really hurts non-twinked toons and new players.
    That sucks. I understand the glitches and what not that comes with trying to roll out something as large as what the devs have been trying to for the past few weeks. Most of it really is just inconvenient and for all the complaining, in a few weeks everyone will have forgotten about it. But the trap thing really is hurting my time here, trying to get a few new toons up in xp. Even in the groups I've run with, the rouges are too low level to even FIND the epic level traps, let alone disarm them. This glitch making one third of the game just shy of unplayable right now :P

Quote Originally Posted by praetor View Post
    I'm really sorry for asking you to fix all the things broken with update 14. Now that I have seen what you are incapable of, I beg you, please stop fixing things. Please make it stop.
    hahaha m8 ty a lot you win a spot on mine signature

ah...
    /signed
    Anxia the completionist 20pl The Barb//komasector//dacqua vite
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor View Post

For sale.

One Turbine test plan, good price, barely used.

Community Member

Yeah, I usually go rogue splash with my TR-toon lives, but this life I went without it (took a barbarian splash for faster movement) because at the end of my last life (as the xpac hit) I could no longer find traps on a twinked out toon, when I never failed prior. Just figured I'll avoid them and not have to worry about switching gear.
    Ghallanda Server Member: ToHitArmorClassZero
    Aaramar - Allimar - Calimaar - 11 others, but I'm usually on those three

Quote Originally Posted by Copydude View Post
    Come on guys REALLY? trying to incorporate not only a completely new realm but new stat trees on your toons, so there are a few bugs,.. if they held out until it was absolutely perfect then you would gripe about that also.

the New content is really great same with the new destinies.. so there are a few bugs.. in a bit I am sure Turbine will work them out... now give them feedback they need to debug the game and stop harping about everything.
    I would rather have the feeling of impatience and all the frustration that entails than to feel like I got ripped off.

Don't attack the programmers, they have no say in the direction of the game, they do as they are told - (if it's anything like where I work) - they do their best with the tools they are "allowed" to use, in the time that they are "given".

If you are upset with the direction and lack of function then direct your statements towards Turbine as a whole, don't single out the people who have been working so hard implementing things (probably against some of their better judgements).

They "have to", it's their job, if you don't do what your boss tells you, then you have no job, sure you could speak up and say this isn't such a good idea, but at the end of the day it's a "their way or the highway" situation.

Again leave the programmers alone, they are the only ones holding things together and should be commended for their efforts.