Community Member

Default Did Drow get a subtle buff?

Have +22-25 Spell resistance items always been around, and I just missed them...or is this new with the new Warding/Greater Warding prefix?

With +25 Spell Resistance, and a lvl 20+ Drow's racial SR bonus, you are now looking at 55+ SR, witch now makes it a useful stat for epic content if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvenon View Post
    Have +22-25 Spell resistance items always been around, and I just missed them...or is this new with the new Warding/Greater Warding prefix?

With +25 Spell Resistance, and a lvl 20+ Drow's racial SR bonus, you are now looking at 55+ SR, witch now makes it a useful stat for epic content if I am not mistaken.
    The SR22 items at least have been around for a long time - it's the stacking with the Drow innate SR that is new.

Have you verified that they stack?
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

I have not verified it, but frankly was unaware that SR items were known to not stack with innate SR. I am stuck at work currently, so I will have to look into it this evening.

Hopefully they stack, and breath life into a race whose viability is often questioned. I will update this after I double check the "stack/no stack" situation.

They do not nor have they ever stacked
    [REDACTED]

On the other hand, the Magister Epic Destiny has some kind of stationary rune thingy that is SUPPOSED to stack with other SR.
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post
    On the other hand, the Magister Epic Destiny has some kind of stationary rune thingy that is SUPPOSED to stack with other SR.
    pretty sure the stacking SR buffs weren't working with drow SR.

This http://ddowiki.com/page/Ring_of_Thelis is from Hound of Xoriat with SR 22, never stacked.
    That's the rule in DDO, doesn't stack unless specified otherwise.

Community Member

Unfortunately, Drow SR has never stacked with item SR. Seems kind of stupid, though, one is an item enchantment and another is a racial trait. It would be like having a +6 INT item not applying to someone who has an INT score of more than 5.
    Last edited by Merlin-ator; 07-05-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    Unfortunately, Drow SR has never stacked with item SR. Seems kind of stupid, though, one is an item enchantment and another is a racial trait. It would be like having a +6 INT item not applying to someone who has an INT score of 5 or more.
    Particularly stupid given every other racial bonus stacks with items, AFAIK. Same with monk SR. Now, if drow SR ever stacked with monk SR and item SR, maybe they'd finally have something going for them!
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

EDIT: gaah! sorry, double-post - not sure how that happened
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

What you can do is to twist the Grandmaster of Flower Tier 2 ability which grants you +10 stacking SR. When they fix the innate ability of Grandmaster of Flower then you look at 50+ natural SR as Drow Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    Unfortunately, Drow SR has never stacked with item SR. Seems kind of stupid, though, one is an item enchantment and another is a racial trait. It would be like having a +6 INT item not applying to someone who has an INT score of more than 5.
    The difference is that Spell Resistance isn't a piecemeal assortment of multiple different bonuses culminating in a single attribute (Like Armor Class, or ability scores, or saves, or any of the other "Stats" we have that are made from multiple different sources).

Spell resistance is just a single number. It has always been the case of spell resist from spells/racial traits/items simply being a flat number, with the highest number taking precedence. There are no +spell resistance items or feats or whathaveyou in game (Or weren't before u14, i cannot speak to what may or may not have been added), just big flat spell resistance totals on an item-by-item basis.