Default Wolf Companion Equipment

OK so Collars are a Wolf's Weapons.

What Armour can I put on it though?

Docents say Warforged, Iron Defender only so what armor do I use for my poor Wolf?

Community Member

Default Wolf armour...

Leather works.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilou View Post
    Leather works.
    Thank you.

I'm going to assume for now that metal armours won't work But what about other none-metal armours?

Hide
    Studded Leather
    Outfits
    Robes

Can my Wolf wear a robe?

And if not, Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Thank you.

I'm going to assume for now that metal armours won't work But what about other none-metal armours?

Hide
    Studded Leather
    Outfits
    Robes

Can my Wolf wear a robe?

And if not, Why not?
    I don't know if a robe works or not, but if not, I can tell you why not: Robes are very much designed for upright bipedal types, there's no good way to make that work well for a wolf.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    I don't know if a robe works or not, but if not, I can tell you why not: Robes are very much designed for upright bipedal types, there's no good way to make that work well for a wolf.
    And Leather Armour isn't????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

I'm thinking of my Wolf wearing a robe as a cloak tbh!

Can my Wolf wear a robe?
    no, of course not, that just looks silly.

The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post

Aaaaaaahhhhh!

But I was thinking more like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krypto_the_Superdog

I *REALLY* need to find the images of wardog barding from the 1st edition books.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

And Leather Armour isn't????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

I'm thinking of my Wolf wearing a robe as a cloak tbh!
    Leather armor isn't a loose garment that hangs down. And then it would be a cloak, not a robe.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

While we're on the topic, does anybody know if it is WAI that Druid dogs are proficient with neither collars nor any type of armor?
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Expalphalog View Post
    While we're on the topic, does anybody know if it is WAI that Druid dogs are proficient with neither collars nor any type of armor?
    That must be some sort of bug or error. My Wolf is currently wearing a +2 collar I got as an end reward from Recovering the Lost Tome and some leather armor I found.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post

Now, if bards were to get companions, I could see this working.

I've been running with Duelist Leathers on my dog and a Wounding collar of Virulent Poison. Switching to smiting/disrupting collar as needed. The CON damage from the poison+wounding is nice for the stun effect, especially if I'm using a scimitar with the same stats. But what really need for the dog is some Heavy Fortification.

Community Member

I tried both outfits and robes on my companion and neither worked.