Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lottery ???

Community Member

Thx for the infos.

Read by a player.

I've had the blank screen with just enter since sometime in may and haven't been able to enter any lotteries. Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MatrimDaved View Post
    I don't seem to be able to enter the Lottery any more.. Are they just gone or is this a bug ??
    It could be worse Matrim. You could have characters on the list that were deleted in February winning lottories instead. I have 2 that were deleted, both won a reincarnation lotto. MyDDO and the lotto both need to be just called failures and move on.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Community Member

I'm new and I tried to join the lottery, but it said I am not eligible. I have no clue why, or even what the lottery is. I did find the below sentence, which if still true would affect one of my characters:

Characters with the same name as a previously deleted character on the same account and server

Quote Originally Posted by Synsuous View Post
    I'm new and I tried to join the lottery, but it said I am not eligible.
    The lotteries target different classes and levels. It just means that there are no lotteries matching your character's profiles.

FWIW-I don't think any are running today.

Community Member

Default Even more frustrating

I have been able to enter the l-ottery, and a character won the death pact component lottery. However nothing showed up in my mail. Here's the answer I got when I submitted a ticket:

The Lottery system is still in a beta phase, and errors may occur. As a result, we are unable to provide any reimbursement of winnings at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please visit the official forums for more information.

I'd have rather they didn't have it up at all.

Yeah sadly if you have a character with a name that was used previously by a deleted character then odds are that the lottery is not collectable.

There are two IDs for characters. The unique number and the character's first name. Whoever first setup myDDO seems to have flipped back and forth between the two without thinking about the fact that while it is only possible to have one active character with a given name, historically you can have several so the only proper way of tracking characters is the unique system ID. I seriously doubt it will be fixed.

There could be something wrong with the death pact lottery. OtsegoUndead won that one yesterday. She is updating correctly, but the prize was not delivered. It wouldn't be the first time that a lottery was actually broken. It could have something to do with the down time. I won a bunch yesterday, and that was the only one that failed to be delivered.
    Last edited by AZgreentea; 07-17-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    Why don't you cut down the length of the lottery notification list to 1 month, or whatever the duration is on an item sent in the mail? There's no need for me to see that my character won a lotto 3 months ago.
    They did have is so it did delete any winnings older than 6 week at one point, but this no longer seems to be working, as I have winnings that go back over 4 months.

If they fixed this I'm sure it would help with the problem.

Edit: I should also mention that sometimes it lets me enter, and some times not, ( Give me a blank screen when I try to enter.).

At present MyDDO Page is the black screen with the Lottery - Click Here Button. ( Been that way for the better part of a Month)
    Last edited by Thalmor; 07-17-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Default Arggh

Ok so it's not just me. I did go into one character and was able to enter but on another just the blank screen.

I used to love entering the Lotteries everyday (even if I couldn't log on to the game).

Now I will just have to wait and see if it ever gets fixed.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Time to toss the dice.
    MatrimDaved

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Unfortunately, if you are still not able to access the DDO Lottery, then the issue is different from the one we fixed this week, and will take further investigation to resolve. We can look into it, but at this time I have no ETA on when a resolution will be available.

A couple weeks have gone by -- any update as to why lotteries can't be entered, or why lottery history still displays winnings that go back nearly 5 months?

To add to this ...

Is there any way to clean up the lottery/MyDDO entries so only 'valid' characters are listed ? By valid I mean ones that still exist. My entry list and MyDDO keeps showing characters that I have deleted completely or deleted/rerolled. The deleted ones just hang about like bad smells while th rerolled ones get double or triple entries. They also come up multiple times when you do a character search (as do some TR'd characters).

Is there any way to clean this out or is it just so far down the 'fix' list that we just have to live with it?

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

I think that anyone who is complaining about this has already won the lottery as they can take their, obviously perfected, idea and sell it to Turbine and BAM - there's your lotto!

This will then enable them to put their money where their mouth is.

Any chance of (temporarily) disabling the history portion of the lottery? As in, modify it to always return an empty list rather than query the database for population.

If this solves the problems that we're experiencing, then the web team will know where to look in order to come up with a more permanent solution, and we'll have access to lotteries in the interim (win-win!).

Question process to resolve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Unfortunately, if you are still not able to access the DDO Lottery, then the issue is different from the one we fixed this week, and will take further investigation to resolve. We can look into it, but at this time I have no ETA on when a resolution will be available.
    With no ETA; would someone list the process to resolve the problem, and which step we're on?

Example:
    1. Acknowledged problem. done
    2. Research on problem. ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    Profit

Thanks

... still broken for me too.

The last thing the Devs tried, which fixed some folks, didn't work for my characters. And speaking of which... my characters are not updating correctly still in MyDDO...

Just say'n.

T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12