Default They DO drop in-game!

While running hard Prey on the Hunter last night, our sorcerer and us were pleasantly surprised to find the following:

It was in Roskilde's chest.

This could be ancient news for some, but I haven't yet seen it mentioned that they drop in-game, nor have any of my friends.

Also, thumbs up to Turbine for this.
    Last edited by BruceTheHoon; 07-03-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Almost all store items have a chance of dropping in any chest, very very rarely.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Was running GH quests (Crucible and PoP) with my at lvl cleric last sunday.
    In one of the chests (think it was crucible 3 endchests but not 100% sure) this Superior pot dropped for me aswell. Was pleasently surprised to see one in a chest!
    ~Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.~

~ The Thieves Guild ~ Valentine 2011 <3 Most Romantic Guild

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    This could be ancient news for some, but I haven't yet seen it mentioned that they drop in-game, nor have any of my friends.
    Oh, interesting. It's min level 1? I figured it would be higher, since the min level on normal Major Mnemonics is 9, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Oh, interesting. It's min level 1? I figured it would be higher, since the min level on normal Major Mnemonics is 9, I think.
    All store pots are ML1, you can start chain chugging in korthos if you want to.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

I saw one drop the first day of launch.

My brother told me last night that he pulled the same pot on a Korthos quest. ML1 means it can drop anywhere I guess.

With the "abundance" of these going around lately, Turbine must have bumped up the drop rate with the expansion.

I saw one in the end chest of Shroud. Fighter took it and said "Maybe I will roll up a caster." ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

I got one from the chest behind the bar in Korthos while running The Collaborator, on a rogue, while soloing.
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

I've seen an enormous amount of these popping up in all of the 20+ content, both old epics and new. Maybe one every other quest or so, IME. Intentional? Maybe. But hey, maybe they moved the decimal to the wrong place like they did with so many other things.
    | Byakuren Hijiri, 23/5 Monk, Life #2 | Tsurupettan, 20 Artificer |

Community Member

I had one drop for me in (Elite) A New Invasion in one of the chests along the way to the final boss.