Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Default Trial By Fury Named loot

Im posting here instead of quest section as..well this gets lookd at tons more and it still is a general question. Anyhow taken from the wiki:--

Trial by Fury
    ◦ Hide of the Goristro - Leather Armor: +6, Random Ability Score, Toughness, Rough Hide, Melee Alacrity 10%, Vertigo +10 or Stunning +10 or Tendon Slice 10% [ML:22, BTCoE] (Grulemith Chest)
    ◦ Planar Focus of Subterfuge - Trinket: Random Ability Score, Planar Focus: Subterfuge Set Bonus [ML:22, BtCoE] (Chest Loot: Grulemith Chest, Bottom Chest)
    ◦ Spidersilk Robes Ⓢ - Robe: Random Ability Score, Armor Bonus +9, Potency, Wizardry IX, Resistance +6, Concentration +15, Toughness [ML:22] (Chest Loot: Shufarix Chest)
    ◦ Stone Heart - Docent: (Adamantine Body +21 / Mithral Body +10 / Composite Plating +4) +6, Random Ability Score +8?, Resistance +6, Protection +6, Toughness [ML:22, BtCoE] (Chest Loot: Red Named Minibosses - Shufarix (+8 Int) and [insert named spider] (+8 Con))

The Planar Focus of subterfuge is listed as dropping in 2 different chests? It says grulemith, bottom chest. Ive only been looting one chest after hes dead and its up top where I fought him. My guildies agreed with me it felt like there should be another chest. Is there? COuld that be the "Bottom chest"?
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Community Member

I was looking at the map on the wiki and I think that chest is the one before the boss fight. It requires FF or jumping.

http://images.redial.net/ScreenShot03202.jpg

I could not open that or any of the locked chest in this quest, 39(+20) failed.
    Sarlona: Facerollnuds(23Sor) - Bonknuds(17Clr/3Mnk) - Rushnuds(20FvS) - Tasteslike(20Sor)
    Squishynuds(13Wiz) - and 100 other mules/gimps :P
    [Solo Guild - Team Nuds] Feel free to blacklist/friend/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by NUDS View Post
    High DC's on those locks... Don't worry though, Bells of Opening available 24/7 in the DDO store will pop them for ya.

In addition some of them seem to bug out in that quest, in particular the drider red name (Cho'ahz) dies and often ends up with "The chest can not be knocked".

The "bottom chest" is reachable by walking down some platforms from the island at the end that has a bridge over some acid. Instead of crossing the bridge, hang a left (sorry not in game so don't have N/S/E/W direction) and walk through a cobweb and down some platforms to the chest NUDS shows in the SS. You can jump up the platforms to get back up.
    Last edited by darksol23; 07-09-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Tried to pick some of the locked chests that spawned after bosses died and I couldn't. That was with a lockpick of 81. Admittedly I was getting the message 'This chest cannot be picked'. Annoying.

Community Member

For what it's worth, I got that Focus as a chain end reward, so you could try for it that way too. I guess it's not news that any individual quest reward in the chain can drop as a reward for the chain, but BtC instead of BtCoE.

Saw plenty of focuses in that chest and +3 tomes, where you have to jump before crossing the bridge with the driders.

It takes a while, but you can unlock the chest by giving the level 24 shadowdancer hireling a GH, at least on hard difficulties.

Never saw any of the other loot.
    Azsure - Thelanis

Oh, forgot to add - I've seen the hide, the focus and the robes in this quest - can't remember which chests though.

Quote Originally Posted by NUDS View Post
    I was looking at the map on the wiki and I think that chest is the one before the boss fight. It requires FF or jumping.

http://images.redial.net/ScreenShot03202.jpg

On Epic Hard this chest is probably an 82. I rolled 62+18 and failed, after many tries I finally got a 20 and opened it, so its either 81 or 82 DC.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

I got the hide from the end chest, it was passed to me as no one else wanted it.

Bit of a necro, but I was doing the bottom chest with a friend, and the open lock DC on Epic Hard can be confirmed as 81. He has a screenie.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.