Default Needs more uses for Shadow Charges

Shrouding Strike doesn't come in until level 3 of the destiny, yet we have one ability at level 1 that refers to Shadow Charges (Lance), and once you acquire Shrouding Strike, it doesn't actually do much of anything without purchasing other enhancements--you gain charges (though you can't see them listed anywhere as far as I can tell), but have no use for them.

Shrouding Strike itself needs something that works off of the charges. Have it add some damage to the attack you make, or add a debuff to those you mark, or...something. Maybe fold Executioner's Strike into Shrouding?

Right now, I'm using the Strike for the tiny bit of extra damage, but it's mostly so I have something else to do on my rogue, rather than for any effect its having.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Totally agree with you Sephiroth.

Those charge should come earlier and give you a bonus. A nice bonus I would see for it would be to lower the cooldown of assassinate.

minus X% of cooldown/charge

or

minus .X second of cooldown / charge.

The more you kill, the more you can kill! That's obvious!

I would have hoped they implemented that with Shadowtraining II but as they didnt...

Just my two cent on the problem!

HidalgoX
    Friia: lvl 20 pure human assassin, soon to be lvl 25 pure ShadowDancer Rogue

Problem 1,

Shadow charges holded are not listed anywhere. I suggests do a buff with a counter (that sticks always the first on the list, so it dont desapear by buffs) and maybe a animation similar to ion stones, but black and ofc, 1 light per charge.

Problem 2,

Shadow charges are not usefull till later tiers of the ED. Tbh, its more a leveling problem that disapears when you cap the ED, so IMO its not a big deal. Maybe shrouding shoot cool do an extra efect depends your charges so his level maters on the early levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    Problem 1,

Shadow charges holded are not listed anywhere. I suggests do a buff with a counter (that sticks always the first on the list, so it dont desapear by buffs) and maybe a animation similar to ion stones, but black and ofc, 1 light per charge.
    I agree with this. Make it a counter like the one inside Draconic Incarnation, in the buff bar, when you gain them.

Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    Problem 1,

You can see how many shadow charges you have by dragging a skill that costs a shadow charge to work to the hotbar, and looking at the counter on the icon (shadow manipulation or cloak of shadows worked for me).

This was on old open beta and current beta (for the next patch), so i'm going to assume that's true for live as well.
    Last edited by threefeetunder; 07-03-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder View Post
    You can see how many shadow charges you have by dragging a skill that costs a shadow charge to worl to the hotbar, and looking at the counter on the icon (shadow manipulation or cloak of shadows worked for me).

This was on old open beta and current beta (for the next patch), so i'm going to assume that's true for live as well.
    Hmm, all I have is Shadow Lance (that uses counters) and I fail to see any way to determine how many counters I have. I assume that if you have active counters it should work but does not reduce the amount of counters in queue at the same time.

I am able to see the effect on the monsters by way of examining it and seeing the curse like symbol above it's head. I know that I should be building counters....but, when I use shadow lance I don't see a save in the combat log, I don't see a save float above their head, and they definitely don't appear to be blinded, ever.

I have a feeling that it is not building counters.. Am I missing something?