Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Twist of fates - unique combinations

Here is a list of all possible 'unique' Twist of fate combinations.

Code:
    Tier 4 (10) + Tier 2 (5) + Tier 1 (3) = 18
    Tier 4 (10) + Tier 1 (2) + Tier 1 (3) = 15
    Tier 4 (10) + Tier 3 (9)              = 19 (+1 tome)
    Tier 4 (10) + Tier 2 (5)              = 15
    Tier 4 (10) + Tier 1 (2)              = 12
    Tier 4 (10)                           = 10

Tier 3 (6)  + Tier 3 (9) + Tier 1 (3) = 18
    Tier 3 (6)  + Tier 2 (5) + Tier 2 (7) = 18
    Tier 3 (6)  + Tier 2 (5) + Tier 1 (3) = 14
    Tier 3 (6)  + Tier 1 (2) + Tier 1 (3) = 11
    Tier 3 (6)  + Tier 3 (9)              = 15
    Tier 3 (6)  + Tier 2 (5)              = 11
    Tier 3 (6)  + Tier 1 (2)              =  8
    Tier 3 (6)                            =  6

Tier 2 (3)  + Tier 2 (5) + Tier 2 (7) = 15
    Tier 2 (3)  + Tier 2 (5) + Tier 1 (3) = 11
    Tier 2 (3)  + Tier 1 (2) + Tier 1 (3) = 8
    Tier 2 (3)  + Tier 2 (5)              = 8
    Tier 2 (3)  + Tier 1 (2)              = 5
    Tier 2 (3)                            = 3

Tier 1 (1)  + Tier 1 (2) + Tier 1 (3) = 6
    Tier 1 (1)  + Tier 1 (2)              = 3
    Tier 1 (1)                            = 1

Updated for U16: Now with the 11th Epic Destiny it is possible to get 18 Fate Points without a Fate Tome. Note the next tier of possible combinations is at 22 Fate Points - which requires one more Epic Destiny and a +2 Fate Tome. See post #29 for details.
    Last edited by emptysands; 11-17-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

Hi,

This is very useful, thank you.

I was doing something similar for my own information, but I have T5 ability in my trees...is it stated somewhere that you can't have T5 abilities? The Roundtable ( http://www.ddo.com/en/ddogameinfo/de...per-roundtable ) only states that you can't take the Epic Moments (which could be classified as T6).

I know the DDOwiki only mentions T4 in the unlock pattern it mentions, but I'm not sure that's "evidence" of a T4 cap. A T5 unlock would be 15 points, leaving room to pick up a T2 ability with a +1 Unlock.

Also, I find it amusing that no single combination comes out to using a +1 Unlock (unless T5 is valid), making them completely useless other than while grinding up Twists.

Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    I was doing something similar for my own information, but I have T5 ability in my trees...is it stated somewhere that you can't have T5 abilities? The Roundtable ( http://www.ddo.com/en/ddogameinfo/de...per-roundtable ) only states that you can't take the Epic Moments (which could be classified as T6).

I know the DDOwiki only mentions T4 in the unlock pattern it mentions, but I'm not sure that's "evidence" of a T4 cap. A T5 unlock would be 15 points, leaving room to pick up a T2 ability with a +1 Unlock.

Also, I find it amusing that no single combination comes out to using a +1 Unlock (unless T5 is valid), making them completely useless other than while grinding up Twists.
    Would have to find the dev quote, but yeah, it's been stated several times that T4 is the cap, can't go twist any further up than that.

I am sure this is a very helpful chart... but I have no idea what it all means. I will admit that I haven't done a whole lot of looking into ED's etc. Can someone give a brief explanation of this?
    Bhask the Unseen 21 Rog(tr 3), Tangoh 15 Barb(tr life 3),Domand d'Jorasco 18/2(tr4 )sorc/paly BF, Nilock 20(tr life 3), Domandi 20/8 1st life shuriken thrower.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    If you are going to buy either Twist tome, best option is to buy them early.

You may not want/need to get all 18 FP for your build. 30 million xp is a lot of work - ignoring TRs and at 3k/min that is 167 questing hours. The XP ramp gets high quicky as you level an ED.

So depending on the player a +1 and +2 tome may be the difference between spending another day or week getting that last FP and getting their build to where they want.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by domandi View Post
    I am sure this is a very helpful chart... but I have no idea what it all means. I will admit that I haven't done a whole lot of looking into ED's etc. Can someone give a brief explanation of this?
    Best thing to do is read ddowiki.com. I wont repeat what they have already explained.

Basically, you can "twist" an ability from say Fury (Rank 3 Primal Scream is a tier 1 Fury ability) when you are on another ED. So a Level 5 LD Blitz could twist in Primal Scream to give themselves a +5 (morale) STR/CON buff. Note this doesnt stack with the rage spell.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    Best thing to do is read ddowiki.com. I wont repeat what they have already explained.

Basically, you can "twist" an ability from say Fury (Rank 3 Primal Scream is a tier 1 Fury ability) when you are on another ED. So a Level 5 LD Blitz could twist in Primal Scream to give themselves a +5 (morale) STR/CON buff. Note this doesnt stack with the rage spell.
    Like emptysands said, definitely read the wiki. Here's a super-basic example, though, in case it helps you get started:

I took Exalted Angel as my Favored Soul's Epic Destiny. I took Avenging Light as a Tier 1 ability.

Once I have enough levels of the Exalted Angel Epic Destiny, I can deactivate it and work on the Unyielding Sentinel Epic Destiny. All my Exalted Angel abilities will be disabled.

Twists of Fate are the exception to the "all abilities disabled" rule: No matter what Epic Destiny I have active, I can STILL use Avenging Light by putting it into a Twist of Fate slot.

There is a limit to the number and tier of abilities I can "Twist" in this fashion. The more epic destiny levels I have (total, among both my active destiny and my inactive destinies), the more twists/higher tier twists I can have. The OP's table shows the combinations that are possible if you max every epic destiny. So, for example, three tier 1 twists require that you have 6 fate points, while three tier 2 abilities require 15 fate points.

Quote Originally Posted by domandi View Post
    Twists of fate are destiny abilities you can slot to keep them useable while you have another destiny selected as your active one.

That way you can be a Unyielding Sentinel (as your active destiny) but use up to three abilities from other destinies.

There are three slots for twists of fate, hence three columns in the map. Each slot requires a certain number of fate points to unlock. When unlocked, you can slot any T1 ability you have available from a destiny other than your active one. To slot higher tier abilites you have to upgrade the slot, using fate points again.

The map shows you how many fate points are needed for any combination of twists.

Example:
    I have a fighter tank that is going to be Unyielding Sentinel as main destiny. But I also want to use Energy Sheath & Dragonhide, both tier 1 abilities from the Draconic Incarnation Destiny. Furthermore I ´d love some self healing on my tank so I want Healing Spring , a T1 ability from the Shiradi Champion as well.

That means I want to "twist" three tier one abilities, which means I need 6 fate points ("map" in the initial post, paragraph 4, line 1).
    Fate points are gained through leveling epic destinies, you gain one fate point every 3 destiny levels, so levelling 3 destinies to lvl 2 each means 6 levels means 2 fate points. There´s also a store item that gives you 2 fate points when used.

Given the destinies available at the moment you can have 18 fate points from grinding all destinies.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Meowin; 07-04-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Twists of Fate let you choose Destiny Enhancements from Tiers 1,2,3,4. They cannot grant enhancements from Tier 5, 6, or any innate abilities.

Community Member

Aren't you points too high on the chart? For example, shouldn't your first twist of fate if a tier3 be 4 fate points, not 6? Or am I reading your chart wrong? Or do you have to pass thru the upgrades for every tier? If that's the case then what seemed like a cool idea is a ridiculous xp grind. Especially since they made epic quests give declining xp and imposed xp penalties for being 'above' level on epic quests. Do they really expect us to go up to L25, TR for 4.4 mill and go back to L25 again, and probably again to get enough fate points to even open two tiers? Yikes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uhtred_Stark View Post
    Aren't you points too high on the chart? For example, shouldn't your first twist of fate if a tier3 be 4 fate points, not 6? Or am I reading your chart wrong? Or do you have to pass thru the upgrades for every tier? If that's the case then what seemed like a cool idea is a ridiculous xp grind. Especially since they made epic quests give declining xp and imposed xp penalties for being 'above' level on epic quests. Do they really expect us to go up to L25, TR for 4.4 mill and go back to L25 again, and probably again to get enough fate points to even open two tiers? Yikes.
    Tier 3 in slot one is (0 => 1) 1 + (1 => 2) 2 + (2 => 3) 3 = 6.

Hopefully, they plan to release more 20+ content over time.

Whatever the case, even a couple tier 1 twists can be interesting. I think the system works well for both the power and causal gamers. The main point to optimising progress to FPs is that you do not need to level every ED to 5 cap.

It will be more effective to level an ED to 3 or 4. The 900k xp you need for the end of level 3 to the end of level 5 will easily get you to level 3 in another ED.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by Uhtred_Stark View Post
    If I understand the situation correctly, my take is that it's pretty well balanced. Here's what I figure:

I've been able to get to tier 4 on my Exalted Angel by playing the expansion a few nights a week. I've farmed up the commendation items I needed (Cleric of Amaunator ring, Cleric of Amaunator necklace, Purple Dragon Knight sword), and I've completed the Undardark series. That's 1.3 Fate Points from semi-casual play since the expansion came out.

*IF* there's enough content to keep me going at this rate, I'll easily have 3 Twists of Fate open within the next few months of play (I'm expecting to get there around New Year's, since my work and travel schedule takes me away from the game for sometimes months at a time). My Twists will all be tier 1 (maybe a single tier 2; MAYBE 2 tier 2 or 1 tier 3), but I think I can get some nice abilities from that. In the Epic Destinies I've studied so far, there's always at least 1-2 "twist-worthy" tier 1 ability.

Here's the thing to figure in the OP's table:
    The first 6 Fate Points (enough for three tier 1 twists) will come to you naturally, if you're just trying to unlock the Epic Destinies map. The first 10 or 13 Fate Points should also be pretty attainable, if you're trying to unlock the *entire* map. This should be doable by the semi-casual player, though you will be at it for the next several months (here's hoping there's enough content to keep this grind fun).

For the more enthusiastic DDO player, you'll be getting Fate Points by advancing your Epic Destinies past tier 3/4. I haven't seen the XP chart, but I'm guessing you'll have a grind in front of you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbadoc View Post
    For the more enthusiastic DDO player, you'll be getting Fate Points by advancing your Epic Destinies past tier 3/4. I haven't seen the XP chart, but I'm guessing you'll have a grind in front of you.
    1. End of 0: 180k
    2. End of 1: 420k
    3. End of 2: 720k
    4. End of 3: 1,080k
    5. End of 4: 1,500k
    6. End of 5: 1,980k
    Varz
    Wanderlust

1. End of 0: 180k
    2. End of 1: 420k
    3. End of 2: 720k
    4. End of 3: 1,080k
    5. End of 4: 1,500k
    6. End of 5: 1,980k
    Thanks!

Am I understanding this correctly?

At "End of 2: 720k", I can access an Epic Destiny in the same category (for example, Exalted Angel to Unyielding Sentinel).
    At "End of 3: 1,080k", I can access an Epic Destiny in an adjacent category (for example, Unyielding Sentinel to Grandmaster of Flowers).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbadoc View Post
    Thanks!

Am I understanding this correctly?

At "End of 2: 720k", I can access an Epic Destiny in the same category (for example, Exalted Angel to Unyielding Sentinel).
    At "End of 3: 1,080k", I can access an Epic Destiny in an adjacent category (for example, Unyielding Sentinel to Grandmaster of Flowers).
    Yes.

You also have to work you way to the "end of 5" in order to receive all the points to assign in an ED. ie. reaching 5 will get you the innate, but you'll need more point if you want to purchase the epic moment ability.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

If you are going to buy either Twist tome, best option is to buy them early.
    And after enough +2's get purchased, Turbine will change one setting and the +3 and +4 twist tomes will suddenly become available.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    And after enough +2's get purchased, Turbine will change one setting and the +3 and +4 twist tomes will suddenly become available.
    They should make the Fate tomes a rare(ish) drop. To have them in the store, and not a chance to loot them in-game is super lame.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Varg, your not showing up in the Dev tracker u may want some1 2 plz look at that!

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Twists of Fate let you choose Destiny Enhancements from Tiers 1,2,3,4. They cannot grant enhancements from Tier 5, 6, or any innate abilities.
    Varg, your not showing up in the Dev tracker you may want someone to take a look into that plz & tyvm! :P! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    They should make the Fate tomes a rare(ish) drop. To have them in the store, and not a chance to loot them in-game is super lame.
    They can drop in the game, post by Eladrin.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast