Default Proof against posion shard

I am trying to upgrade my crafted items with the Proof Against Poison property, which has now been nerfed. Prior to the upgrade, it was a prefix enhancement, and it's name and description still indicate that it is a prefix. However, when I try to apply it to an item with a suffix enhancement, I get the error message that the item already has a suffix. Is this WAI?
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    I am trying to upgrade my crafted items with the Proof Against Poison property, which has now been nerfed. Prior to the upgrade, it was a prefix enhancement, and it's name and description still indicate that it is a prefix. However, when I try to apply it to an item with a suffix enhancement, I get the error message that the item already has a suffix. Is this WAI?
    Check to see if there are now multiple Proof against poison shards. They added some "alternate slot" shards in the expansion. I haven't check specifically, but they may have added a PaP alternate slot shard and that's what you crafted on accident.
    Proud Officer and Member of the Exploration Society Thelanis Server
    "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV." Morty
    *Dunkurk Qirva Donnar Zoraida Dolvar Zorg Salii Smally Kungfugee Kruknud Smully Warfrog*

Quote Originally Posted by eazyrider View Post
    Check to see if there are now multiple Proof against poison shards. They added some "alternate slot" shards in the expansion. I haven't check specifically, but they may have added a PaP alternate slot shard and that's what you crafted on accident.
    I checked in the shard crafting machine, and up to level 100 there is only one version of the Proof Against Poison shard for each level of protection. Normally, if the shard is for a suffix enhancement, it is called something like "Shard of Proof Against Poison". Likewise, if it is a suffix enhancement, when you put it into the item crafting machine it should say the resulting item will be "Item of Proof Against Poison". But, the name says "Proof Against Poison shard", and when I put it into the item crafting machine, it says the resulting item will be "Proof Against Poison item". This indicates that it should be a prefix enhancenment. And prior to the update it was, which I found by actually puttiing it onto items which already had suffixes. But now, whenever I try to apply it to an item with a suffix, it says that the item already has a suffix, as if it were a suffix enhancement.

As for whether I am trying to put it on an item which will not take that enhancement, I have tried several items, including one that I had put the Proof Against Poison on prior to the update. If the problem had been that the item would not take the enhancement at all, no recipe would have appeared when the item and the shard were entered in the item crafting machine. A recipe appeared, but I could not apply the shard to the item because it was incorrectly thinking the effect was a suffix.

So, either this is a bug and should be fixed, or the effect has been changed to a suffix (which would be an evil move for the devs to make) and its name should be changed.
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

It definitely sounds like a bug then. Not that the devs are above making some very evil changes and not announcing them.
    Proud Officer and Member of the Exploration Society Thelanis Server
    "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV." Morty
    *Dunkurk Qirva Donnar Zoraida Dolvar Zorg Salii Smally Kungfugee Kruknud Smully Warfrog*

Devs have confirmed that some effects are being applied incorrectly re: suffix vs. prefix. Proof may be one of those affected, or you may be trying to apply it to an item whose existing effect is bugged and therefor refusing the Proof, as it thinks they are the same.

Either way obviously glitched. I would bug report it (in game or in the bug report forum) so it can be added to the list -- include the Proof AND the effect already on the item.

Community Member

More than likely, the new "proof against poison" +x shards are all intended to replace the old Poison Resistance shards which were removed and all suffixes. Only the old Proof against Poison shard was a Prefix. If so, then they are WAI, but the name hasn't been updated properly yet.

Community Member

Default Proof vs Poison is Bugged!

As soon as the update came out, I recrafted most of my gear that had Proof vs Poison and all went well. A few days later, after the patch, I recrafted for another toon and had the same "bugged" result as the original poster here. Still waiting for a reply to my bug report. My conclusion is the bug came with the patch.

A little late, but as for today, the bug still persists. Yet, you can do a workaround by first applying the proof against poison property and then the suffix you want.

Community Member

Default Bug confirmed and workaround confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by bbcjoke View Post
    A little late, but as for today, the bug still persists. Yet, you can do a workaround by first applying the proof against poison property and then the suffix you want.
    As 2012 comes to a close, I can confirm the bug and the above workaround. I made a Proof Against Poison +10 Ring of Resistance (Enchantment). It reads, in this order, Bound to Character, Enchantment Save +6, Proof Against Poison +10, Craftable +8.

In my combat log (where effects is turned on)
    Code:
    (Effects): You benefit from your Proof Against Poison +10 Ring of Resistance (Enchantment).
    (Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Fortitude (Poison) Saving Throws: +10
    (Effects): You benefit from your Proof Against Poison +10 Ring of Resistance (Enchantment).
    (Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Light Resistance: +10
    (Combat): You are affected by your poison ward.
    (Combat): You are protected from poison spells.
    (Effects): --- Resistance modifier to Will (Enchantment) Saving Throws: +6
    (Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Fortitude (Enchantment) Saving Throws: +6
    (Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Reflex (Enchantment) Saving Throws: +6
    New Subject: Does the Enchantment Save: Fortitude Save +6 part stack with the PAP +10?

Default Just an update

Still bugged. I just tried adding "Proof Against Poison +10" to my Goggles that had "Dodge +1" already slotted, and I got the "This item already has a suffix. To add a new suffix..." message.

I also tried the workaround listed earlier, and I was able to get it to take.

I placed the Shards of Potential +6 and +7 in first, then the Proof Against Poison +10, then the Dodge +1, then the Masterful Craftsman.

I Bug Reported it as well.
    Rhavynn: Rog-23, Cecyll: 25-Pally, Telllah: 5-Sorc, Rosajoanna: 13-Cleric, Rydia: 21-Druid, Khaiin: 6-Fighter/1-Rogue
    Th'Ded: Guild lv. 51
    Khyber

Default 2 years and counting

This is still happening, and unfortunately I wasn't aware of the issue with adding a proof against poison +10 shard until after I added a flexible shard of greater false life to a double-slotted blank. So it's costing me 2 purified eberron shards to remake the greater false life and plenty of plat on another double-slotted blank.

I wish they'd add things like this to known issues list to serve as a warning.
    Are you a deadhead or a hippie looking for a guild on Sarlona? "Sunshine Daydream" might be the fit for you! Send a message in-game to Akateva or Kaibeth for information or an invite. The fine print: roleplaying encouraged but not required in guild chat; LGBT-friendly; flower-sniffing playstyle (zerging discouraged outside favor runs).