Thread: Window Opacity

Default Window Opacity

Looking for a UI that is sharp and clean that allows you to control opacity in all windows. Especially the target bar. Ideally I want the target bar to fade out to 0% when nothing is targeted. This is because I like to keep the target bar dead center of the screen, so when I'm not fighting or don't have something selected I don't want to see a big empty grey bar in the middle of my screen. But when I do enter a dungeon and target something I want it to show up. This is a common feature in EQ/WoW/everyotherMMOever

I've downloaded Blackbird which I like, but does not have this function. DDO Lite doesnt' seem to be current.

Any suggestions or help? Doesn't need to be a complete UI, happy just to get the target bar.

If I am not mistaken, I think I stumbled across that feature in the UI Menu. I think it is near the bottom of the first set of checkboxes. Again, I am not for sure, I don't use the feature, but I could have sworn I found it somewhere in the default UI.
    Lessons from a Bard:
    1 - Free Bird is not ANY form of Bardic Music.
    2 - If you are out of the range of my buffs, it is not my fault.

Community Member

Correct. It is in UI settings in the Options menu, at the bottom of the first string of check boxes -- right above your die and font size choices.

Community Member

Default Opacity of the hotbars?

Is there a setting, or an updated (post Underdark) UI that allows for opacity of the hotbars?

I've played EQ1, DAoC, and WoW - and all of them allowed me to make my hotbars & chat window various degrees of see-thru.

While I need 4-6 hotbars actively in window for my cleric, I don't need to have them in vivid colors.