Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonD123 View Post
    With the patch schedule to go live next Wednesday (from a post by Tolero), I'd hoped the Lama release notes would be up..

It gives me the impression that Turbine isn't fully aware of their own software.

How are we to test the functionality of the changes, when we aren't even aware of what was changed/fixed??
    It's a new process called Plug and Pray. In theory it could work.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Community Member

I worked for many years as a project manager for software changes in the financial sector, where quality control was of paramount importance. Testing strategies were always quite similar to insure that the final product was working correctly.

1. Identify which issues/bugs are to be corrected
    2. Determine a method to test the change (including indirect impact of the change)
    3. Work on software changes in a development environment
    4. Peer review the software change
    5. Client test the changes in another test environment (Lama in this case)
    6. Compile feedback on unresolved / new issues following changes
    7. Make adjustment to fix issues or removed them from current planned changes (depending on complexity and time constraints)
    8. Place final product into production

Its seems like the extremely important first step of determining which issues are addressed and are the client revision environment (Lama) is being skipped.

This might explain the proliferation of bugs making it to Live. The left hand isn't sure what the right hand is doing.

Hopefully, this is taken as constructive criticism of the testing process and not an attack on Turbine

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    It's a new process called Plug and Pray. In theory it could work.

I love Theories!

Yep, this is Trubien standard practice.. They really have no idea if the patches they put out will actually work on Live. This is well tested, as anybody who's been aorund this game for a long time will know. Sometiems it works, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes..... Well it all goes pear shaped....... It seems we've had a whole pear orchard dropped on our heads

I'm not trying to be mean here... And I really hate beating up the Devs.. I know that most of them work very hard... But when you can't even get clear release notes out... That means the various Devs and or their team leaders are failing to properly log their work. If this is the case, then how can QC do their jobs? And in the end, as horrible an enviroment as Lama is for testing what will hit live, since it's not a live server/client situation, how can the PAYING customers that do go over there know what to look for? Oh wait they don't...

Totally 100% baffling, to say the least.....

The lack of release notes just means no one can call them on it when they pull their "throw something on Lama the day before the update, send it to live, then act surprised when the game breaks" move again. It was on Lama the whole time, we swear...

Community Member

I think it was more far more appropriate and less risky to simply take all the fixes done after the patch 1 feature lock and bundle them together as a future date patch 2.

This allows us to understand and test the features of the patches in a stable build environment.

Alrighty folks.. Release notes are coming for reals this time!

Tolero will have them posted up in the next few hours.

Additionally, we've updated Lamannia with more of our patch.

Has Sit Poincelot been fixed yet? I know, I know, not a huge issue, but one that irks me none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post

Thanks Kookie

Community Member

Ah, so the patch that was previously released to Lam was a partial preview of the patch. I guess that is better than nothing.

Must have hit the 'feature lock' deadline...

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Poke prod.... Poke prod

Community Member

Default patch notes are up

Patch notes are up http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774 but the did not change the post name still shows the 15th of june:

Couple of things that stand out as changed:

1) freedom of movement now only effect magical effects - I have to ask why, was the imunity to slippery serfaces just so OP that it had to be excluded. 2 quest come to mind that will be tougher because of this change Tor (the white dragon) and Tempast Spine (the final fight, slidding all over the puzzle woot)

2) And they have confirmed that heal and mass heal have "reduced benifit from spell power" - and other unnamed (i guess us mushrooms have to grope about and find it for ourselves) SLA's

I also see no fix mentioned for Warforged healing amp, attack bonuses not showing correctly in the inventory panel, and other problems/bugs that we are seeing in the great expansion (of bugs) that we all paid for.

Community Member

Wait, so it WAS a nerf?

"Spells that gain reduced benefit from spell power now mention it in their descriptions (Heal, Mass Heal, and some spell-like abilities)."

I'm noticing reduced spellpower across most divine spells, not just healing. So I guess it was a last-minute divine nerf. Not only totally unnecessary, but definitely falls into the category of dealbreaker, for me at any rate. Totally unjustified, given the boosts given to other classes.

Very disappointed.
    Last edited by justagame; 07-06-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skeald View Post
    I also see no fix mentioned for Warforged healing amp, attack bonuses not showing correctly in the inventory panel, and other problems/bugs...
    Some of these didn't fit into patch 1. Patch 2 is already in progress to try and catch the stragglers.

Community Member

thank you for your responce.

But i have to ask - what the thinking was behind the divine caster/healing nerf - they already get reduced spell power for thier spells (at a higher AP cost) than wizards and sorcerers do, and now healing is further reduced (as are some unnamed SLA's) - I'm sorry but the logic here just escapes me.

But i have to ask - what the thinking was behind the divine caster/healing nerf - they already get reduced spell power for thier spells (at a higher AP cost) than wizards and sorcerers do, and now healing is further reduced (as are some unnamed SLA's) - I'm sorry but the logic here just escapes me.
    I'd really like to know this too. My heal spell took a 200 HP hit after the update, and it's to the point where if there's a Warforged party member (and a large portion of them seem to feel Healer's Friend isn't worth the AP nowdays >.<), I have two options: dump massive amounts of SP into healing them, or let them die.

I just don't get it.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Default Sir poincealot

He has been fixed since the start of Patch one So you guys can go get your Daily points!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Some of these didn't fit into patch 1. Patch 2 is already in progress to try and catch the stragglers.
    Thanks Tolero. What is the ETA on patch 2? I know I have said this but I cannot stress enough the IMPORTANCE of fixing Warforged Healer's Friend. This problem COMPLETELY SHUTS DOWN some players (I myself have 3 warforged and only 1 fleshy toon) in more difficult content. It would be nice if we could enjoy the new endgame content soon instead of kiting monsters around on a melee dumping 8 heal scrolls into yourself to top off. I urge you to PLEASE make this particular fix a HIGHER priority. I have made healers literally CRY. (I have 30% + 20% + 10% heal amp gear on.)
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    Thanks Tolero. What is the ETA on patch 2? I know I have said this but I cannot stress enough the IMPORTANCE of fixing Warforged Healer's Friend. This problem COMPLETELY SHUTS DOWN some players (I myself have 3 warforged and only 1 fleshy toon) in more difficult content. It would be nice if we could enjoy the new endgame content soon instead of kiting monsters around on a melee dumping 8 heal scrolls into yourself to top off. I urge you to PLEASE make this particular fix a HIGHER priority. I have made healers literally CRY. (I have 30% + 20% + 10% heal amp gear on.)
    If all goes well with patch 1, patch 2 comes before the end of the month.

Community Member

They make an update where it is now fairly simple to have 1300-1600 hitpoints in the epic levels and many people find that healing amp is just a waste of slots/ap's, and this has created a mana sponge situation - add to that warforged (all healing amp currently broken) and you have a very negitive situation.

I just plain do not understand the thinking behind this move - why all the divine hate (or more correctly why all the cleric hate) - it is just truely baffling

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Some of these issues should have never made it to live, period. Saying it hasn't made it in Patch one and wait until patch 2, is bs.
    Arrael - Tempest/Kensai; Alyesia - Exploiter Build; Porksoda - WF FvS; Kaealla - Paladin; Arodeth - Envoker FvS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast