Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Stupid reasons that got you squelched

Just had this one happen in the last quest I ran when I left group.

"Dont even say ty enjoy bloacked"

My sides are still hurting a bit, couldn't stop laughing.

So Sarlona, what are your best ones? What are the most stupid reasons that got you squelched?

Bleh, here's a partial list at the top of my head.

Squelched for telling people that jumping is an irrelevant, false myth in Icy Raiment runs.

Squelched for telling people not to abuse /stuck command in Tempest's Spine end fight.

Squelched for telling Rogues that Assassin Prestige is not an excuse to blow up traps.

Squelched for telling experienced players that they were new once.

Squelched for talking.

Squelched for being friends with Atma.

Quick, someone squelch me for this forum post so I can add that to my list!

I am NOT kidding about any of the above reasons.

(Sarlona) Kuniken | Arisuno | Bojutsu | Olette
    Steam

Squelched for telling someone they needed more hit points
    Squelched for telling someone they needed less hit points (~12 toughness feats on a fighter apparently)
    Squelched for telling someone they were doing good in a quest where they admitted it was their first time and they thought I was being facetious.
    Squelched for giving advice because they thought it was wrong
    Squelched numerous times for advising players after being critted that heavy fort is not optional in epics
    Squelched for telling a sorc who got one shot in shroud that fire shield cold will reduce the fire damage portion of meteor swarm
    Squelched for suggesting that one level of rogue is all that's needed to do traps in the game and watching the "mechanic" blow up trap boxes
    Squelched for casting cloudkill in VoD and tanking on my Wizard while the other 11 die and they blame their death on my crowd control. I love equestrians!
    Squelched for suggesting people add the shroud puzzle solver to their myddo so they can have it in game instead of locking up to tab out
    I got squelched for talking in a group that only wanted to type. They eventually wiped, I dropped their stones at the end fight and teleported out with the boss at 2% and me with 1000SP left. I figured if I was already squelched, I might as well have a real reason.

Squelched for telling a zerger I wouldn't use any more rez scrolls on him if he died 10 miles ahead of us again. I didn't say anything about not letting others run him to a shrine or not healing, just not using rez scrolls at a level where their 600 plat cost actually mattered.

Actually I haven't been squelched much. But I have guildies who have. The following are all what they told me.

Squelched for not giving advice about a build/game mechanics, because my guildy was busy in epic servants (pre update). And of course, we all know that if you want advice, you squelch the person who can give it to you.

Squelched by another guildy for apparently using "boot" in a context that had nothing to do with booting that person from the guild, but the squelcher took it that way, even after an explanation.

Community Member

Squelched for zerging in Shroud and not waiting infront of every portal to get maximum buffs the 12 toons could possibly give out. Figured if I was already squelched by many I'll actually do something worth getting squelched so I hit last altar as soon as Harry died ( oh the amount of rage over voice chat that happened "DD plox...wait wut ??! fuuuuuuu", even when I remember it today I get tears of joy in my eyes )

Squelched in HoX for saying the timer for beholders starts when the DM talks, not when someone simply moves. I have personally timed it, it's when the DM talks. Also I've seen groups where someone moves right away in the quest, just a little, and then we buff for 5 more minutes and no trash spawns, and if the timer started when someone moves, there would be 5 minutes worth of trash on us.

I don't think I've ever known about being squelched, but the most likely time I can think of was this past life. Joined an ip byoh wiz king run, and ran off to the second tower on my own. Ended up being Raiyum, killed him, and said voices on. This guy FLIPPED out on me talking about how we had to wait to get optionals. I said something like you never get conquest but if you finish quick you sometimes get discreet. Gave it a few seconds and grabbed the scroll. He rage-quits saying that I screwed everyone out of the optionals...

After finishing I got to talking about it in guild chat and Vulger sent him a tell explaining that he was wrong and copied one of the optional reward messages.

Oh! Way back someone squelched me for having anti-WF jokes in Kulgan's bio, I think he A) thought I was serious and B) was somehow being "racist" by RPing hating a virtual race.
    Last edited by vyvy3369; 07-01-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Squelched for joining an in-progress Elite Delirium back when it was difficult.

From the entrance, I heard them fighting the first Red Name render boss so sprinted to help them... but they killed it as I was mid-journey, meaning I brought about a dozen freshly spawned renders and some baby beholders right onto the already near-dead party.

In retrospect I may have been in the wrong.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

squelched for being an obnoxious prick

I got squelched for telling a bunch of peasants that their builds were inferior to mine. They didn't like the fact that I was carrying the whole group for the whole raid, and they were pretty upset when they had to finish the quest without me because I dropped out when half of them wiped.

phuh, like I need them. I can solo epic elite content!
    And yes that is sarcasm.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Got squelched because I refused to join a guild today, eh.
    Well, sort of, got squelched after I told them they were being ****ing annoying by spamming me like 6 invites in a row while I was in a quest.
    Last edited by Ilindith; 07-01-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Community Member

Blown to bits pug, we kill the bomber and loot the chest then run back to entrance to grab that chest. As everyone kneels down to open the chest I kneel down and set a charge, hit loot all on the chest and run away... BOOM! dingX5... Most of the party lold but one dude got his panties in a bunch and told me I was squelched and released before I could grab his stone.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope it will remain stationary...

Camlach Cammed Camtao Horck Yobemoh ~ Eternal Wrath Sarlona

Community Member

Was in one of the PVP taverns with my 12/6/2 bard/ranger/rogue selling vendor trash and got a /tell asking (actually just said "give me GH"). I replied back that I only have 12 bard levels, which isn't enough to get GH and that I wouldn't use a scroll on someone who didn't even say please. Needless to say, I "suffered" my first and only squelch I am aware of.

1. outline entire plan for spinner of shadows completion. Who will be picking up silver flames from the killed spiders and putting them into torches, who will be in the middle etc.

2. watch someone else take over quest picking up the items and not putting them into torches.

3. after trying to reason with the guy, find out that he is doing this to grief someone else in the party he had previous run ins with.

4. tell healer over open mic that the rest of us dont need to suffer because he has beef with one other person - just let him die...healer complies.

5. we complete but take much longer because intentional griefer keeps raising and coming back in to try to gank more silver flames so we cant use them to light torches.

6. griefer nerd rages into mic for 30 seconds telling us we are all squelched after completion.

7. recall reform sans griefer. Note the next LFM they pop into was with some other guildies.

8. copy paste old group chat from griefer into guild chat.

9. hilarity ensues.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Got squelched for hitting altar at end of part 3 of Shroud. I'm an "impatient bastid"..... It's freaking part 3 for Christ's sakes! Nothing happening in part 4 till we go there lol.

I didn't get squelched but this was funny. 5 man group doing norm XP runs of Dream Conspiracy. I just joined(on my palemaster) as they finished a run, they all hop out and I hop in. I clear to the disjunc trapped levers/doors and chill and wait. Rest of the group enters and runs to me. Party leader(our resident completionist)enters and pops a hireling and starts doing traps. *Ding*.

"This is ********! ****ing zergers! I hate zergers! Reforming without zergers"

Reforms without me of coarse which is no big deal. Other wiz and me do few minute runs.

Couple days later I'm doing Lords of Dust on epic hard IP BYOH ZERG and I'm on my pale master again. This completionist is hitting LFM(said he was anyway) and sending me tells to invite him. Huh? I actually couldn't invite him, not too sure how the public grouping works exactly but he said he tried to join but couldnt. I kept getting an error when trying to invite him. I would have let him join too.

It's stuff like this that just kills me lol. You're an *******! Can I join your group tho?

Quote Originally Posted by twigzz View Post

It's stuff like this that just kills me lol. You're an *******! Can I join your group tho?
    Heh, this is pretty common actually. People are willing to tolerate those they normally dont get along with personally if they know the players whose personalities they dont mesh with well are good players and will not fail. I find that justification used on the forums alot too.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

My squelch list is longer than my friends list.

I squelch anyone that doesnt use push to talk.

I squelch people that talk too much about nothing (thats my job)

I squelch people that sing to you over voice, because clearly i play DDO to hear your rendition of achy breaky heart

Apart from that, i think i have 2 other people squelched =)

Default squelched already squelched

I joined a raid a few days back. Knew everyone in the party and they all knew me. Everyone is exchanging greetings. After a few minutes, one party member threatens to squelch me because I'm not responding to him. All the while I can hear him and was replying.

Later to find out he already had me squelched and thus the reason he could not hear me.

Anyone ever been squelched for being squelched?

-Bunk

Quote Originally Posted by Dracey View Post
    Squelched for being friends with Atma.
    LMAO I've heard this before from others

I joined a random level 4 guy who wanted my level 16 arti to do a chrono loot run for him, when I asked if he minded if I get started while the party forms he kicked me with the words, "well your obviously too much of a loose cannon!" He then told me I was squelched.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast