Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 177
  1. #141
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    i *think* i got squelched on my bard main, but i'm not really sure... i've no intention of running with the guy again nor talking to him anyway, so i don't really have a way of checking...but anyway...

    her 2nd life was sorcerer. with a bard splash. so i was running around in light armor swinging a minII greatsword. definitely not your typical sorc. joined a Piker's Fate run. first life i got no boots. third life was ALREADY PLANNED as a very heavily melee-centric warchanter bard... madstone boots fell in my name, and i made joyful noises and quickly looted MY boots (i had no desire to wait a whole 'nother life and possibly 20+ completions to get the boots just because i was a caster THIS life and didn't actually need them THIS life). the raid leader made a few noises about how i was an idiot for looting madstones on a caster and i must not know what they really do.


    i dropped group and banked em. they have been very useful and enjoyed this life.

    the official home of LOLWUT

    LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

  2. #142
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    i *think* i got squelched on my bard main, but i'm not really sure... i've no intention of running with the guy again nor talking to him anyway, so i don't really have a way of checking...but anyway...

    her 2nd life was sorcerer. with a bard splash. so i was running around in light armor swinging a minII greatsword. definitely not your typical sorc. joined a Piker's Fate run. first life i got no boots. third life was ALREADY PLANNED as a very heavily melee-centric warchanter bard... madstone boots fell in my name, and i made joyful noises and quickly looted MY boots (i had no desire to wait a whole 'nother life and possibly 20+ completions to get the boots just because i was a caster THIS life and didn't actually need them THIS life). the raid leader made a few noises about how i was an idiot for looting madstones on a caster and i must not know what they really do.


    i dropped group and banked em. they have been very useful and enjoyed this life.
    gratz on the boots they r great
    i got them myself on a healbot... just to scare ppl off xd

    Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

  3. #143
    Community Member bibimbap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I did once.. accidentally squelch my guild leader and two other officers (at different times) when adding them to my friends list via the UI. Actually I'm not sure how I squelched them, but I did it long after I had joined the guild. For the longest time whenever we were in raid chat together I kept wondering who everyone else was typing to, as I could not see the responses :P

    I also did get squelched once for complaining that the barb I was healing had no heal amp whatsoever in a hard tod, and it was tough to keep him up.

    OH I remember another one, there was a monk from a guild starts with "T ends with XD" on Thelanis who squelched me because i wasn't healing him, however he was a WF monk with 0 fort, no heal amp in the Old Epic Tides whom I just put in my back pack..
    Ministry of Destruction - Hagau, Bibimbap, Gamjatang, Osis, Shuumai, Baau - Thelanis
    http://themod.guildlaunch.com/

  4. #144
    Community Member Terebinthia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    I did once.. accidentally squelch my guild leader and two other officers (at different times) when adding them to my friends list via the UI. Actually I'm not sure how I squelched them, but I did it long after I had joined the guild. For the longest time whenever we were in raid chat together I kept wondering who everyone else was typing to, as I could not see the responses :P

    I also did get squelched once for complaining that the barb I was healing had no heal amp whatsoever in a hard tod, and it was tough to keep him up.

    OH I remember another one, there was a monk from a guild starts with "T ends with XD" on Thelanis who squelched me because i wasn't healing him, however he was a WF monk with 0 fort, no heal amp in the Old Epic Tides whom I just put in my back pack..
    You are kinder than me. Now if I am presented with a cruddy Horo tank I bail before the door closes. Best use of a hjeal scroll ever

    (Although this is a hypothetical since both divines have everything they need from TOD and I only do requests )
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

  5. #145
    Community Member ZeebaNeighba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Not quite a squelch but...last night, I got declined from a group doing favor runs because my name, a string of s's, sounded too Chinese. Apparently the guy thought he knew what a Chinese snake sounded like?

    (Eventually he asked and I explained I only knew English and got in anyway, it was still pretty funny though.)

  6. #146

    Default /Squelched.

    The ex-guild leader used his /squelch a lot. In a raid once he squelched my toon and when I asked why in guildchat he replied. "Oh, sorry! I thought you were someone I knew."

    Got squelched by a FvS in Elite Shroud. My FvS had 300ish hp and the other FvS had 600+. He tried to get me dropped from the group saying my hp was too low but some people I had grouped with stood up for me and they needed the healer. After I rezed him the second time I asked if he wanted some of my spare HP and he /squelched me. I tried to give him some pots for sp since he kept running out but he wouldn't accept those either.

    /Squelched for casting harms on a palemaster.
    /Squelched by a cleric for healing while a paladin.
    /Squelched for picking up a zergers stone rather than rezing him after he had burned up almost all of my sp healing his but. He didn't appreciate my warning him about it being cheeper to rez than heal him.

    I wonder if we could form a /squelched raid sometime....
    Last edited by Kulothar; 12-28-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Any Port in a storm... But why one with so many vermin?

  7. #147
    Community Member Gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Metro
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    I usually get squelched for being myself.

  8. #148
    The Hatchery Galeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    The only time I am aware that I got squelched was at the end of a heroic Chronoscope.

    I had to take a quick phone call and didn't get out of the tent in time, blowing up with it. When I realized it, there was another stone in there with me and my arti dog was still alive.

    I got the dog to pick up both stones and tried to make him go through the portal, but he wouldn't. The other player griped and moaned in party chat for someone to come get him so he could get his end chests, but since the dog had the stones and we were in the exploded tent... well, I released thinking the stone would drop.

    I'm not sure what happened to him, he kept sending me tells after I told him I released.

    "You @#$#%%, i hate you!"
    "How can you do that to me?"
    "I gonna squelch you now, ok?'
    "Ok?"
    "Ok?"
    "Ok?"
    "I gonna squelch you now, ok?'
    "Ok?"
    "Ok?"
    "Ok?"


    I thought it was hysterical that he wanted me to give him approval to squelch me and never responded to a single tell, which apparently was making him nuts. He wanted to make sure I was going to be upset before he actually did the deed.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

  9. #149
    Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery
    Shadow7375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hiding behind a rice bag
    Posts
    522

    Default

    How would I know that I got squelched? Folks normally don't tend to tell you :-)

    I do know however why I squelched others. Hasn't been many, but the few that got squelched deserved it .. IMO :-)

  10. #150
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Well...I got squelched again.

    But this one doesn't have a stupid reason...I deserved it...and probably more than just that...

    It usually doesn't hurt to be squelched...but this one did...a lot...and it hurts even more to think that no matter how sorry I am...it won't change anything...

    sigh...I'm so sorry...
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

  11. #151
    Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    Well...I got squelched again.

    But this one doesn't have a stupid reason...I deserved it...and probably more than just that...

    It usually doesn't hurt to be squelched...but this one did...a lot...and it hurts even more to think that no matter how sorry I am...it won't change anything...

    sigh...I'm so sorry...
    Fine, I'll unsquelch you.

    Wait.. you aren't on my list... hmm...

    /squelches
    /Unsquelches

    Better?

    Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

  12. #152
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Culver.Civello View Post
    Better?
    No.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

  13. #153
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulothar View Post
    /Squelched for casting harms on a palemaster.
    i dunno why its sucha problem for palemasters to be healed by harm.... most react like u try to cut off their balls when u heal them... weirdos.....

    Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

  14. #154
    The Hatchery vVvAiaynAvVv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    Oh oh....I have one........I used to many mnemonic potions in one quest.

    /sarcasm off

    Scratt for president!!!!

  15. #155
    The Hatchery IntrepidBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    moved east beside the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..
    Posts
    202

    Unhappy

    I found out I got squelched by a player, because I knew the person that he decided to squelch... totally baffled me, because we got along ok, and ran lots of quests together.
    Guilty by association?? ?? dunno..
    Turned out that he squelched everyone that person knew or played with.
    Odd.. rage squelching I guess.
    Mystic Mountain DragonRiders
    pushing cart along marketplace shouting; " Fling out yer dead.. "

  16. #156
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    i dunno why its sucha problem for palemasters to be healed by harm.... most react like u try to cut off their balls when u heal them... weirdos.....
    Huh. I must be running with the really odd pms then, they're thrilled when my cleric carries harm to help them. Of course, then they want to know why my favored soul doesn't. *sighs* I heart people who 'harm' me when I'm on my pm.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  17. #157
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Huh. I must be running with the really odd pms then, they're thrilled when my cleric carries harm to help them. Of course, then they want to know why my favored soul doesn't. *sighs* I heart people who 'harm' me when I'm on my pm.
    ye, some are like this... but there's a lot like:
    "ohh, don't heal me..."
    "You don't have to heal me..."
    "Who heals me all the time??????"
    "I can heal myself...." and such things...
    Last edited by Derana; 11-30-2012 at 11:23 AM.

    Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

  18. #158
    Community Member Belduroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    i dunno why its sucha problem for palemasters to be healed by harm.... most react like u try to cut off their balls when u heal them... weirdos.....
    Don't you know draconic incarnation is a palemasters default destiny and go out with a bang is their main dps (one time every few minutes), so they constantly need to be at <50% health?
    Sarlona
    Belduros // Hazord // Cany // Tyor // Deyra // Yannec // Rawnah // Teyrah // Jaheyra

  19. #159
    Community Member Draxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    291

    Default

    I offered to buff chests at the end of an EE U16 quest. Elitist leader rather rudely refused. I did it anyway. Kicked and squelched as soon as we finished for being a "gimp", despite having the second highest kill count and not dying once.

    Not the first time I've received flack for rolling that chest-buffer toon, and probably won't be the last.
    Last edited by Draxis; 11-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.

  20. #160
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    I think I might have gotten squelched the other day for saying hello. I was on Proudtetra, a toon I rarely play, and I coudln't get the dude to answer me for anything. I dunno if he has a serious hate on for the crazy turtle girl and recognized my voice (people say I'm distinctive), a serious hate on for fish, women, or had an overzealous reaction to my being female and was trying to freind me. LOL It was odd but hilarious. SInce they party leader wouldn't answer anything, I just went nuts and did whatever I wanted.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload