Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I was in a shroud run and about 5 of us, including me, were killing time showing off our gear and stuff, and 2 people squelched us for it (though they said they unsquelched after it was done, having another party member send a tell when we were done)

Got squelched one time for not giving jump preemptively to someone who hadn't asked for it in an undermine run.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Community Member

My mind is a place that speaks of starvation when lit by a stone of possible frustration I think to myself as I do what I can to be slightly confused as to what I really am. Do not be scared for I think what I am is the thing that desires the fruits of the damned and before you think twice do think of the second that you where involved in the life of yourself. Fear the patience that goes unnoticed and stay awake so you can be known but unspoken. Silence is the answer to everything within and to squelch you at all means you are noticed again. Speak this to no one for a secret it may be or a substantial lie given unto you and to me. Pathological response from a person unknown as of so far it is habitually satisfied and correctly postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakarne View Post
    Hmm... looks at rainbow sig.

Good thing nobody ever squelches for habitually lying. lol
    I am actually color blind, red green to be exact. Clickiing random marks on a color chart is not a hard thing to do even when you cant see the colors. That and my "female companion" at the time thought it was pretty. As for the Habitual Lying, you my friend are not far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    I never make "the list".

*pouts*
    But your mouth is so pretty, who would squelch for that?

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post
    Yay! Yuda isn't on that list! Maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought.

Close bro, you "suck" quite nicely, although you have done nothing to warrent me getting squelched, that does not change the value of your... "suck e' ness.

Quote Originally Posted by LafoMamone View Post
    Habitually? More like pathologically.
    Spot on ol'chap, spot on.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kages View Post

But your mouth is so pretty, who would squelch for that?

Better to be pretty than useful I suppose.

I am actually color blind, red green to be exact. Clickiing random marks on a color chart is not a hard thing to do even when you cant see the colors. That and my "female companion" at the time thought it was pretty. As for the Habitual Lying, you my friend are not far from the truth.
    Ah, the glory of the XY dichotomy. I did figure as much, and I spent far too much time the other day playing with this only to figure out that I couldn't spell 'Kages Sux" on an Ishihara Test without a lot of photoshoppin'.
    Last edited by Bakarne; 07-09-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Collecting Holy Aura Scrolls - Please mail to Surare, or the cursed Illithids will eat my brains.

Community Member

Was talking to a guildie about the FVS he was building, He was going to go nuker/caster type. Bard in the group chimes in and insists that FVS are healers and nothing more and that trying to make a FVS that can do anything other then heal is a waste of time. I tell him that FVS is actually a pretty versatile class and that you can do quite a bit with it if you build it properly. That was all I said, and he recalled out said that we were both squelched and that he was gonna go cast fireball with his barbarian and then quit the group.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bakarne View Post
    Ah, the glory of the XY dichotomy. I did figure as much, and I spent far too much time the other day playing with this only to figure out that I couldn't spell 'Kages Sux" on an Ishihara Test without a lot of photoshoppin'.
    LMAO too bad, that would have made my day bro.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

Quote Originally Posted by sireric View Post
    Was talking to a guildie about the FVS he was building, He was going to go nuker/caster type. Bard in the group chimes in and insists that FVS are healers and nothing more and that trying to make a FVS that can do anything other then heal is a waste of time. I tell him that FVS is actually a pretty versatile class and that you can do quite a bit with it if you build it properly. That was all I said, and he recalled out said that we were both squelched and that he was gonna go cast fireball with his barbarian and then quit the group.
    You have just made my day. Honestly though, people like that need to get out from under the rock they are living under.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grieve View Post
    You have just made my day. Honestly though, people like that need to get out from under the rock they are living under.
    Or better yet, stay there and stay quiet. I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grieve View Post
    But I like my rock, it's so comfy

My mind is a place that speaks of starvation when lit by a stone of possible frustration I think to myself as I do what I can to be slightly confused as to what I really am. Do not be scared for I think what I am is the thing that desires the fruits of the damned and before you think twice do think of the second that you where involved in the life of yourself. Fear the patience that goes unnoticed and stay awake so you can be known but unspoken. Silence is the answer to everything within and to squelch you at all means you are noticed again. Speak this to no one for a secret it may be or a substantial lie given unto you and to me. Pathological response from a person unknown as of so far it is habitually satisfied and correctly postponed.
    I'll be damned. That quote alone should earn you an honorary degree from the Savannah School of Art and Design.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lazaruspossum View Post
    i'll be damned. That quote alone should earn you an honorary degree from the savannah school of art and design.
    :d

The only time I've ever been told "you're now squelched" was in Waterworks. I was casting Rage, and there was a Cleric in the group who told me not to cast Rage on him because it hurt his AC. This was 2 lives ago when I was a wizard.

I told him that Rage was an AoE buff, and that I couldn't exclude him from the cast, but that from then on I would cast it last, so he could move out of the way and avoid the "debuff."

Naturally he refused to move, and I even waited a few seconds before casting it - honest - but once I did I was told I was squelched and he recalled out and dropped group.

There may be other people who have squelched me for general Noobishness, but if so I'm in the dark. My character's name is Gova, so if I ever annoyed you to the point of squelching please let me know
    BEFORE YOU ENTER REMEMBER THAT THE TOMB IS GUARDED BY TERRIBLE MONSTERS AND MEN WITHOUT MERCY.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    I told him that Rage was an AoE buff, and that I couldn't exclude him from the cast, but that from then on I would cast it last, so he could move out of the way and avoid the "debuff."
    Tell him he can use that lame defensive fighting feat, get in it, it will dispell rage, and get back out.

Default Attempting to join a group

I got squelched for attempting to join a group.
    Maybe because I was playing on my bard?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Tell him he can use that lame defensive fighting feat, get in it, it will dispell rage, and get back out.
    Meh, no one wants idiots that are that petty in there groups anyways. Was better off with him gone.

Community Member

I got squelched for NOT exploiting the old Chronoscope exploit, and I wouldn't have any of it.

I probably should have reported it... but since the devs never fix anything, and it was known by them, I really didn't care. I personally hate exploits, but in this game, with this dev team, I can't really get upset at exploiters either. Honestly, had I know the guild I was running with (10 guildies, 2 Pug healers) would exploit before the run, I'd have dropped, and squelched the whole guild.

Don't get me wrong, I'll never heal for that guild, so good squelch IMO, like most are, but anyway, that was mine.

I had one more, when I was a noob, I was very poor at zerging, so after a wipe (I was not "really" to blame, I was the healer and did a poor job, but I'd never run the quest. I didn't mention that, but didn't lie either, anyway...) I dropped group. Then the guy rages for no reason, I dropped group after a wipe, rants about how his entire guild will blacklist me...

I regularly get sent tells by that guild to heal for them. I never do, of course, and while they were the highest guild at the time, my guild is levels above them now. So in both cases I'm okay with it. But mostly because, as a healer, I have all the power in DDO. "Blacklist the few competent healers in the game why don't you?" would be my response, if, you know, I hadn't already been squelched.

Okay, TBH, in the second case, I WAS NOT all that competent. I was a real noob, maybe level 5, around the first time I really started to PUG. Before that I spent almost 6 months soloing everything on multiple servers, to get a feel for the game. Had it not been for that, had I been a real new player, and that had been my first experience, I would have given up the game and found another one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    I was in a shroud run and about 5 of us, including me, were killing time showing off our gear and stuff, and 2 people squelched us for it (though they said they unsquelched after it was done, having another party member send a tell when we were done)
    Been there. And sadly, by been there, I mean I've squelched people for spamming gear they had. Don't get me wrong, I unsquelched after as well, and (hopefully) they didn't know I did it, but it is annoying. And IMO a decent use of squelch. Hope it wasn't me you were talking about, BTW

And also don't get me wrong, I TOTALLY ask people to link cool looking items, ALL THE TIME, usually only for armors, I really care about how an armor skin looks, so I freaking sent random tells to people to link cool looking armor, and swords etc. as well.

For example, Brutish Cutlass when it first came out, and the new Purple Dragon Knight fullplate, I sent random tells to people to link that ****.

So, TL;DR, I'm sorry if I squelched you for spamming equipment, I've done the same, but it is annoying.

While I have no doubt I am on many squelch lists because I chatter a lot... the only time I know I was squelched was during a Shroud I was running for "talking about my personal life" The most funny thing about the squelch is the only thing we were discussing was the Hound and VoD we had just run. This of course led to lots of jokes about my interesting life crawling into holes in the ground and battling demons. He attempted to tank the raid in part 2( I assumed because he was the butt of all the jokes) so instead of dealing with him we DDoored out and reformed. He has the singular honor to be the only person ever to be put on my squelch list other than the old plat farmers...lol
    Sarlona Guild Succesor for The Harpers...Here nonstop since March 2006
    Sheelagh 20 cleric/ Banan 20TR bard/ Vigdis 20 fighter/ Maebh 17TR barbarian/ Sameera 16 paladin/ Catiriona 20 cleric and various others

Quote Originally Posted by Catiriona View Post
    While I have no doubt I am on many squelch lists because I chatter a lot... the only time I know I was squelched was during a Shroud I was running for "talking about my personal life" The most funny thing about the squelch is the only thing we were discussing was the Hound and VoD we had just run. This of course led to lots of jokes about my interesting life crawling into holes in the ground and battling demons. He attempted to tank the raid in part 2( I assumed because he was the butt of all the jokes) so instead of dealing with him we DDoored out and reformed. He has the singular honor to be the only person ever to be put on my squelch list other than the old plat farmers...lol
    My squelch list is full of those plat farmers ><
    I should clear it to hmm...make some much needed space

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast