Default Druid: flame blade = broken

the primary damage of flame blades is still typed as physical with just fire/magic as the DR breaking type. On korthos against frosty zombies you get purple numbers from the flaming portion and yellow numbers from the main damage as it is not typed slashing so it won't break their DR
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rathic View Post
    the primary damage of flame blades is still typed as physical with just fire/magic as the DR breaking type. On korthos against frosty zombies you get purple numbers from the flaming portion and yellow numbers from the main damage as it is not typed slashing so it won't break their DR
    I havent tested it, but I've heard people talk about this.

Btw, Is the flame blade animation on animal form still show up as a humanoid form?

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Flame blade also does not split oozes. My brother started a Druid and loves the way it works. /shrug
    KoS Knights of Siberys - Cannith
    Wife: MY gynecologist said I can't have sex for 2 weeks. Husband: What did your dentist say?
    Founder # 815

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdiegn View Post
    Flame blade also does not split oozes. My brother started a Druid and loves the way it works. /shrug
    Angry nerds are coming.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zyerz View Post
    I havent tested it, but I've heard people talk about this.

Btw, Is the flame blade animation on animal form still show up as a humanoid form?
    No, it is hidden now.

But I have seen some bears with some mighty big shields.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdiegn View Post
    It won't if it starts working properly as it still wont do slashing or piercing damage

doesn't the spell state in the description specifically say that it does fire damage rather than slashing?

Summons a scimitar of fire that does fire damage, instead of slashing damage, and uses the wielder's Wisdom instead of Strength for determining attack and damage bonuses.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Categoryruid_spells
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    doesn't the spell state in the description specifically say that it does fire damage rather than slashing?

Summons a scimitar of fire that does fire damage, instead of slashing damage, and uses the wielder's Wisdom instead of Strength for determining attack and damage bonuses.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Categoryruid_spells
    yes, and it is NOT doing fire damage. it is doing PHYSICAL damage with a DR(not resistance) bypass property of fire, which nothing has so its meaningless. It is just doing physical damage with no slash/pierce/bludg bypass type.

if I hit a frozen zombie/ice mephit/frost giant that takes extra fire damage it should do purple numbers, because it is supposed to do just pure fire damage, it doesn't

if I hit a fire elemental/fire mephit/etc that is immune to fire, I should get *immune* that is not happening either