Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I'm an idiot!!!

  1. #1
    Community Member M113k7262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    315

    Question I'm an idiot!!!

    level 1 monk 2wf/toughness
    level 2 druid
    level 3 monk past life:Pally weapon finesse

    Dwarf

    str 16
    dex 21
    con 18
    int 9
    wis 18
    cha 7
    HP 91
    AC 25 w/lt fort
    Spell res 13

    Lesser Wind Stance

    Druid Blood Moon Frenzy 1
    Dwarven Constitution 1
    Way of the Patient Tortoise 1
    Racial Toughness 1
    Improved Concentration 1
    Druid Energy of the Locus 1
    Druid Eminence of Life 1
    Druid Toughness 1

    I have no clue where to go from here because I didn't play the druid in beta. I just need to know where to find the info on the feat structure, enhancements and prestige prereqs. Any help will be appreciated!!!
    If this game wasn't so much fun to gripe about, I wouldn't play it!
    Griping about the servers and devs is the best part of DDO!
    The worst part is paying for the privilege of griping...

  2. #2
    Community Member dredre9987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    TWF does not help in any of the animal forms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

  3. #3
    Community Member AylinIsAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,331

    Default

    For enhancements, go to the enhancements tab on your character sheet. Click "show unavailable". Then you'll be able to read all the effects, costs, and pre-reqs of all the enhancements.

  4. #4
    Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AylinIsAwesome View Post
    For enhancements, go to the enhancements tab on your character sheet. Click "show unavailable". Then you'll be able to read all the effects, costs, and pre-reqs of all the enhancements.
    Or just look at the wiki

  5. #5
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire Toxic Fringe Zone
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder View Post
    wiki may not be up to date yet. Certainly the main class page doesn't look completely finished, it's still got the big disclaimer about the information being from the beta. If I had a druid and had levelled to the right point, I'd update it, but I don't, I haven't, so pthththtpt.

    But I hear tell there's a L20 druid on Sarlona at least, so perhaps they'll take on the responsibility which comes from their great power and update it, no radioactive spider intervention required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

  6. #6
    Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    wiki may not be up to date yet. Certainly the main class page doesn't look completely finished, it's still got the big disclaimer about the information being from the beta. If I had a druid and had levelled to the right point, I'd update it, but I don't, I haven't, so pthththtpt.

    But I hear tell there's a L20 druid on Sarlona at least, so perhaps they'll take on the responsibility which comes from their great power and update it, no radioactive spider intervention required.
    All the druid enhancements were added, hence the link. Spells as well incidentally.

  7. #7
    Community Member M113k7262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    315

    Smile Tyvm!!!

    I appreciate all the info. Someday I hope they complete the class. Right now it looks as though it stops at level 13. But, that actually gives me 7 levels of monk for offense!
    If this game wasn't so much fun to gripe about, I wouldn't play it!
    Griping about the servers and devs is the best part of DDO!
    The worst part is paying for the privilege of griping...

  8. #8
    Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post
    I appreciate all the info. Someday I hope they complete the class. Right now it looks as though it stops at level 13. But, that actually gives me 7 levels of monk for offense!
    I'm assuming you're using animal forms? even if the enhancements stop at 13, you still get spells (amongst which are innate animal attacks), and some of them are pretty good (including the ever so awesome snowslide at lvl 9, which you wouldn't get if you multiclass 7 levels of monk).

  9. #9
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post
    I appreciate all the info. Someday I hope they complete the class. Right now it looks as though it stops at level 13. But, that actually gives me 7 levels of monk for offense!
    Most of the classes stop getting new stuff at level 13 or 14 except for capstone and tier 3 prestige (for those that have one)

  10. #10
    Community Member M113k7262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Most of the classes stop getting new stuff at level 13 or 14 except for capstone and tier 3 prestige (for those that have one)
    That's why knowing what enhancements and free class feats (as well as those that can be taken at 1,3,6,9,12,15 & 18) is needed to perform 'class chemistry'. Thanks for understanding!
    If this game wasn't so much fun to gripe about, I wouldn't play it!
    Griping about the servers and devs is the best part of DDO!
    The worst part is paying for the privilege of griping...

  11. #11
    Community Member M113k7262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder View Post
    I'm assuming you're using animal forms? even if the enhancements stop at 13, you still get spells (amongst which are innate animal attacks), and some of them are pretty good (including the ever so awesome snowslide at lvl 9, which you wouldn't get if you multiclass 7 levels of monk).
    Animal forms? When do you get those? Are they feats, enhancements or spells? Please explain... (was wondering about maul and takedown but didn't understand how to use them).
    If this game wasn't so much fun to gripe about, I wouldn't play it!
    Griping about the servers and devs is the best part of DDO!
    The worst part is paying for the privilege of griping...

  12. #12
    Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Check this out...

    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=381174

    That might help with a few of your questions. and give you a better understanding of how Druids work... I even have a section in there about multiclassing monk into the mix.

    Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

  13. #13
    Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post
    Animal forms? When do you get those? Are they feats, enhancements or spells? Please explain... (was wondering about maul and takedown but didn't understand how to use them).
    At lvl 2 and 5, you can take either wolf or bear form. They turn you into a wolf or bear (duh). They give you bonuses depending on the form, Wolf gives you 1d6 sneak attack, +3 to attack, +10% enhancement bonus to movement speed, and has an attack animation 30% faster then the normal one. Bear gives +10% ac and +2 con. Both reduce your int and cha by 2. Your equipped weapon damage is replaced by your natural attacks, in the case of wolf, it's 1d6 base with a 19-20/x2 crit. In the case of bear, it's 1d8 with a 20/x2 crit.
    You get more forms available to you in the later levels, like dire wolf/bear, and water/fire elemental. For more info, check out http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=381174

    Edit: ninjaed, that'll teach me to take so long to type stuff ._.

  14. #14
    Community Member M113k7262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Thanks to both of you for the info. I like knowing what I'm doing... even if I don't always play like it!
    If this game wasn't so much fun to gripe about, I wouldn't play it!
    Griping about the servers and devs is the best part of DDO!
    The worst part is paying for the privilege of griping...

  15. #15
    Community Member LAWPRE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    495

    Default Epic Question

    Do we know how Epic works for multi-classing?

    I ask because Threefeetunder mentioned that you could not get level 9 snowslide with a Level 7 Monk. However, 17 (even 18) plus 7 =24 (25). SOO... one should be able to get both unless Turbine does (BIG surprise) Epic significantly different from PnP.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAWPRE View Post
    Do we know how Epic works for multi-classing?

    I ask because Threefeetunder mentioned that you could not get level 9 snowslide with a Level 7 Monk. However, 17 (even 18) plus 7 =24 (25). SOO... one should be able to get both unless Turbine does (BIG surprise) Epic significantly different from PnP.
    Epic levels don't have class levels tied to them. level 21 is generic, so is 22, 23, 24, and 25. you get +10 hp per level, +1 to all skills per level, +1 BAB on odd levels, and +1 saves on even levels. Also you get feats at 21 and 24, and are supposed to get a stat point at 24, but that is bugged atm. You do NOT get to choose a class to take a level from at any of the epic levels.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload